Implement Kevins Melee Changes?
Yes 50%  50%  [ 6 ]
No 50%  50%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 12
 Post subject: Kevin's Melee Alteration/Suggestion
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:18 pm 

His suggestions can be found here.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5384

Quite interesting changes for melee. I think they are quite balancing, maybe not? Since everyone wants a melee buff what are your thoughts? I throw a +1 on this. You have to scroll down to read kevins suggested changes.

The only issue I saw was.. what about Monster Physical resistance? I mean trash monster resistance.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Kevin's Melee Alteration/Suggestion
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:35 pm 

Have you tested it?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:46 pm 

No I haven't personally tested it. I just viewed the idea and liked it. Everyone seems distraught about melee and Kevin has one of the best balancing mentallities around here so I went with it. A lot of best balancing from this patch came from him.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:08 am 
Game Server Host

Global 50% phys res in hell should also be dropped 10%ish too, i never got around to it.
The effect should be like the player having 50% amp all the time on bosses, but just 10% on trash. There will be no more hidden phys immunity either and no way to break phys immunes (like it mattered breaking a phys immune before). Tap also needs replaced with those resistances in play. Do something cool with it like %ed per level when struck by effected enemies.
Maybe just reduce the percentage abit and have it scale with points a little + make it render enemies immune to 1 random element that is rerolled each cast (pois/fire/cold/light/mag) and give it a lowish duration.

I'm not too fussed what is done with it, but it will need adjusting :P

Last edited by PureRage-DoD on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:21 am 

Or maybe just put melee back the way it was .. All the fixing seems to never work... Not tring to fight its just my thoughts on the matter and the matter is old ... 8-)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:50 am 

well, the fixing did not work cuz no one was testing it in the testing phase and then cried about having a shitty patch...

so if you want one that fixes stuff best thing you can do is to test Kevs/Dews patch or create an own one or whatever....
but wining that the fixes won't work without providing anything to it won't help at all.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:24 pm 

Do you think Hell Unleashed should revert to 1.21z next patch?

Yes 61% [ 14 ]
No 39% [ 9 ]

It's obvious the players want 1.21z.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:38 pm 
Game Server Host

Soulmancer already said no reverting patches the last time this was brought up, they need to be at least based on 1.3a. It can either move forward or it can stay as it is.
Also, you're in the wrong topic...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:41 pm 

Soulmancer said many good things,and who listened to him?Remember when he said crushing blow cut, strength cut , absorbtion cut is ballshit? You listened to him?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:22 pm 

lol who said I was wining about anything....

And Terry didn't say anything really about not going back to 1.21 what he said was it was the communitys mod now ..And the fact is sence Jarls dev team it was one disaster after another Melee taking the biggest hit and making the build useless...
Sad as it is everyone has there own view of balance ... before the 1.3 blue patch came out I did do a bunch of testing and posted on how the changes where to much mainly melee and no one listened now as it is we have a tun of broken builds.. It would be alot smarter to go back to the 1.21z patch to clean alot of the mistakes and get a fresh start ... And before you all flame me think about this I understand it takes a tun of time doing this stuff but in the long run you will have a better mod because of the issues that are already known.. 8-)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:45 pm 

any sort of patch progression and the same people come out and scream 1.21z! WTF don't you see kev is putting effort into pushing the patch forward in a positive direction?

I think the changes sound cool and I will test them when I get home in a couple weeks.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:21 am 
Game Server Host

RAMMSTEIN wrote:
Soulmancer said many good things,and who listened to him?Remember when he said crushing blow cut, strength cut , absorbtion cut is ballshit? You listened to him?

He never said those things were not allowed though. He did say reverting was not an option.

You are still in the wrong topic btw so stop derailing the thread, and make your points in the thread thats actually about reverting. If you don't want to be a part of this discussion and would rather live in the past thats fine, but everyone else has a right to talk about it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:50 pm 

I think it's retarded that most people want a melee buff but are voting against Kevin's proposed changes.. which buffs melees. LOL zflamemodeengaged

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:36 pm 

Maybe people don't like this way of buffing them? idk just a thought personally they have always needed amp to do dmg so Id rather see a increase in survive ability and a few amp procs changed so if a necro isn't present they can still damage bosses but wouldn't be op without a necro. But with a necro they should be able to kill a boss even if it takes longer than a caster to kill that would be a good start.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:04 pm 

dew wrote:
Maybe people don't like this way of buffing them? idk just a thought personally they have always needed amp to do dmg so Id rather see a increase in survive ability and a few amp procs changed so if a necro isn't present they can still damage bosses but wouldn't be op without a necro. But with a necro they should be able to kill a boss even if it takes longer than a caster to kill that would be a good start.
That's along the lines of my thinking. IMO, about 10% amp at lvl 3 (atma's) or a corresponding boss hat adj would be about right (iirc, there's only about 7-8% phys res diff after lvl3 amp applied compared to 1.21z). As it stands cb seems about right to not decimate bosses overly fast. Too many crying for a full revert long for the days when melee could destroy most anything with only amp from atma. While phys dmg char could use a bit of help, I'm a bit leery of over buffing.

Offline Profile