Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:00 pm

Post subject: Some questions about poison, mercenaries, aurs, etc.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:53 pm 

Hi!

I would like to understand some mechanics in the game:

Can poison dmg stock? Or the second people who hits the mob, his poi dmg overwrites the first?
I mean: My zon has a 20k poi dmg, and my party member has a 78 poi dmg on his weapon e.g. If he hits the mob secondly just after my hit, the mob only gets the 78 poi dmg? Or get both? Or just the higher?

Or other type of poi dmgs can stock? Like rabies + plague jav, or plague jav + poi jav? My plague jav + others plague jav? If yes, can i stock my own poi dmg, like using poi jav and than plague jav just after?

What merc is good for a poi zon? I read an old post in this forum, act3 necro merc has an aura what reduce enemy's poi res. Is it correct? Can my merc overwrite my poi dmg, with his poi skills? So what merc use to be used by the old players for poi zon? :) And of course: why?

I read that prayer aura can stock. If i have a +15life prayer from crafted ring, and my merc has the same, we both get +30life from prayer? And what happen if i will wear 2pcs of these rings? I’ll get a double prayer?

About synergy. Synergy gives bonuses to other skills after hard point, or after soft points too?

Poi zon is a 60 point build... What is useful for her, after maxed poi skills, and ofc decoy? She will have more than 20 skill points.

I need any advices, what can help to me! :)

Thanks!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Some questions about poison, mercenaries, aurs, etc.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:28 am 

I believe it's either all psn applies or highest psn applies. Synergy hard points only. Max Valk or Strategy. PnB Merc is pretty good this patch also find a source of OSkill Cloak of Shadows to break psn immunes.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:21 am 

Poison from different sources applies. Ex: a necro , zon ,sin can stack poisons however 2 necro cant stack poisons simple as that :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:10 am 
Game Server Host

It's not as simple as that. The highest damage per second source of poison will overwrite other poison.

Sources can include a melee strike with poison added by tal runes and emeralds in a weapon. in this case, all the players sources of poison (from gear and charms) will add together, and the duration will be averaged. This will be overwritten by a hgher damage per second poison attack from yourself or another player.

Easiest way to see this is with something like a poison zon and a venom assassin. Venom's DPS average is the highest in the game. 6000 damage venom would overwrite anything up to 125000 poison over 10 seconds from the zon.

To find out what poison will overwrite the other sources, you need to find out the highest average damage per second of each players poison. The highest one will always overwrite the others, regardless of the duration.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:55 am 

Thanks for the answers!

As I understand Rage's answer: poison never can stock. So if two poi character plays together, they never can take more dmg on any monster than the highest dps char alone. Good to know...

Thanks again!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:31 am 
Game Server Host

rabies plays semi-well with other poisons:

rabies state constantly reapplies the poison for the duration, so using an example to demonstrate:

70k rabies over 7 seconds
10k venom over 0.5 seconds

target is infected with rabies and starts to take 10k damage per second
an assassin with 10k venom (20k DPS) strikes the target once while rabies is in effect.
for 0.5 secs, the target is infected with venom dealing 10k damage
once venom wears off, the rabies state reaplies rabies poison to the target without having to apply it again.

total damage to the target = 65k rabies (0.5secs of it was inactive) + 10k venom.

If it was pois nova + venom sin, the venom would overwrite the pois nova duration and sygnificantly reduce average damage per second of the poison nova spread as it will need to be reaplied.
In short, the best 2 types of poison to mix (if you want 2 poison builds) is venom + rabies

Offline Profile