Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:00 pm

Post subject: Is solo possible/fun?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:37 am 

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to this mod, but was getting a little tired of the standard d2 filled with bots, spammers and generally not really challenging anymore.

Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I've read the single player mode is a separate download, and that playing online with 1 player in the game does not adjust the difficulty for a single player?

Wondering if anyone has tried to solo this mod in the full multi-player mode?

Is it even possible to solo?

I started what I'm planning to be a rabies druid last night, and not wanting to gate-crash anyones games just began playing through act one in my own game. Just finished tristram but even the uniques are pretty tough, so wondering how ridiculous Andy is going to be?

Cheers,
CeRipH

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Is solo possible/fun?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:08 am 

No single player mode has even been made yet actually. You would have to find a rather overpowered build to actually solo in this mod probably or either that make obscene amounts of preparation.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:31 am 

Oh ok, thought I had read something about an SP mode somewhere but maybe I misread something.

Yeah I realise it's pretty much going against what this mod is about (to encourage team playing) but was curious if anyone had tried it purely as a challenge.

I thought I'd try and do as much as I can on my own until I convince my friends this mod breathes new life into d2 ;)

So far it's tricky and a little slow going, but still fun (not dying too much). Although I'm sure the main problem is going to be beating the act bosses.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:55 am 

It's definitely possible to solo at least past normal and probably nightmare too, but after that not sure. I know of a couple people who have gotten into nightmare.

It just takes too long to prepare and isn't fun. Would probably take you a couple of months.

Offline Profile