Announced there -> Http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/3552227

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Diablo 3 to be released early 2012
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:46 pm 

here we go!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:47 pm 

Lol, if u like to have ALL skills endgame and never need to start a char over again....
You can just respecc. Diablo WOW should they have called it...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:17 pm 

So if D3 is any good, ill end up replacing my crack addiction with a heroin addiction. Fantastic. There goes the next 10 years of my life.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:30 pm 

lmao @ al.

I don't know if I'll play D3 tbh. I don't have any desire to get caught up in another game like mad addicting.

And SC2 was a failure compared to SC1. I don't have strong feelings that D3 will be a good game. Other than the natural Blizz hype that converts everyone to the newer material they produce.. I doubt the content or actual game play will be better than that of D2.

It's just hard to reproduce classic games like SC1 and D2 with the newer technology route they use.

SC2 had so much potential but they ruined the ability to micro. It's like WC3 with nicer graphics. I have a feeling D3 is going to have similar drawbacks.

+ I have to build a new comp to play that shit probably.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:48 am 

D3 biggest slop is that characters' skills are static: you gain them through level up without any choice. IMO, one of the funniest parts of a hack'n slash game is building your toon according to one's tastes and preferences. I hope they fix that for the release version, otherwise, I'm not trying D3 for that sole reason. And enough

Lee wrote:

SC2 had so much potential but they ruined the ability to micro. It's like WC3 with nicer graphics.

a) WC3 involves A LOT of micro. A lot.
b) SC2 can't be played as SC1 , because game physics are totally different. Out of bronze/silver leagues, people play much more better than massing void rays, thors, or roaches ya know
As micromanagement goes, Protoss can, amongst other possibilities:
BlinkStalker , guardian shield, phoenix workerhunt, good old high templars, DT multi base harass...
Zerg don't have that much, but positioning roaches and lings in battle for the best damage output can be considered micro. Also, mutas and into some extent, infestors.
And Terrans are the gods of micro. There's a lot of unit combo in this race,and all them has its strenghts and weakness ( not that I like Terran, though ), rines, marauders, tanks, hellions...

And i'm not even in diamond, so better players would be able to talk you about other "micro units" , I'm sure
Maybe you haven't tested the game enough , and you can't ( yet ) see its possibilites, that are truly vaste. Consider it another whole new game, not a "sc1 sequel"

Regards

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:18 pm 

I'm up only for Diableards challenge !

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:35 pm 

tonykantos wrote:
D3 biggest slop is that characters' skills are static: you gain them through level up without any choice. IMO, one of the funniest parts of a hack'n slash game is building your toon according to one's tastes and preferences. I hope they fix that for the release version, otherwise, I'm not trying D3 for that sole reason. And enough

Lee wrote:

SC2 had so much potential but they ruined the ability to micro. It's like WC3 with nicer graphics.

a) WC3 involves A LOT of micro. A lot.
b) SC2 can't be played as SC1 , because game physics are totally different. Out of bronze/silver leagues, people play much more better than massing void rays, thors, or roaches ya know
As micromanagement goes, Protoss can, amongst other possibilities:
BlinkStalker , guardian shield, phoenix workerhunt, good old high templars, DT multi base harass...
Zerg don't have that much, but positioning roaches and lings in battle for the best damage output can be considered micro. Also, mutas and into some extent, infestors.
And Terrans are the gods of micro. There's a lot of unit combo in this race,and all them has its strenghts and weakness ( not that I like Terran, though ), rines, marauders, tanks, hellions...

And i'm not even in diamond, so better players would be able to talk you about other "micro units" , I'm sure
Maybe you haven't tested the game enough , and you can't ( yet ) see its possibilites, that are truly vaste. Consider it another whole new game, not a "sc1 sequel"

Regards

I was a top SC player in 2:2 on ICCUP. I've played through my assortment of 1:1 and 2:2 in SC. SC was an amazing game. The best Blizzard ever created by far. There's a reason why people in Korea get paid millions to play it. ( Some do )

SC2 has no comparative micro. SC was by far the more micro oriented game SC2 had nicer graphics, similar mechanics but in my opinion was not better than SC1. I played SC2 beta and was #1 2:2 in USA with NrT.Moo. We beat the best 2:2 players.. was fun but eventually the game was released and I had little desire to continue playing.

I had some desire to play it but it would require 4-5x the amount if time I spend on D2 to be as good as I was on SC1. I just don't have it in me to sit at the CPU 12 hrs a day and neglect my real life like many of them do.

I use to play over a 1,000 games a season on ICC 2:2 probably closer to 2,000.

Are you serious though?

in D3 you can't pick your skills etc.? You just gain as you level up? Well that just completely ruined the gameplay experience... being able to actually pick the type of build and where skills go is part of what made D2 awesome a long with item finding.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:10 pm 

You can't allocate any stat points in d3(skills you still can),your char just auto progress, so you won't see any melee wizards with max str etc. It was announced like 1,5year ago.Ah and a level cap is 60 too, well I think it's ok as no one likes mindless grinding when the best items are 15 levels before cap, or baal bots anyone?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:12 pm 

Ohhh @Steel.. well shit. I might play in that case. stat point allocation isn't such a big deal. Skill pt allocation, however, makes a huge diff so as long as that wasn't changed I'll try it out. I need to do some more research... check out SS/demos and stuff and see how things are. I hope it isn't like WoW now.

Ah. after looking at some SS' and videos... d3 is going to be gg. Probably will kill D2/HU pretty quickly... game looks cool as hell. Graphics and shit are really damn good.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:13 pm 

Can only have so many skills equipped so still makes up for unique builds and stuff then rune stones add customization to those skills. So 7 different skills in one skill. A lot of customization to be had. (Rune stones can DRAMATICALLY alter skills).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:16 pm 

lol wtf now It's getting too complicated/confusing. I liked the simplicity of D2. Wtf are rune stones? Is there runewords still?

And I wonder... I bet finding items are going to be almost impossible again. It's not going to be like HU I assume.

and how will Blizz stop the eventual hacking/botting this time?

Most of the hacking/botting resulted from the impossibility of finding any damn good items/runes.

Another reason why I strongly feel D3 is going to fail.

The item drop rates they set up are just complete garbage and based on ridiculous luck. How the hell can you enjoy that kind of game? You can't until the hackers/botters farm stuff and the love spreads around.

So unless something has changed this time around. D3 is going to be a disappointment in that aspect.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:44 am 

Drops are for you only so no more pro looting. What you see on your screen is unique to you. Quest items will again play a bigger part its going back to its D1 roots. Runewords are gone from what I understand. A lot less cookie cutter builds as well with the extreme amount of customization from the skills with each skill having 8 possible effects. Then the amount of skills you can equip is limited but switchable. I think runestones have 7 levels. You'll also hit the level cap before you get into inferno supposedly meaning that Inferno mode will most likely be an extreme challenge.

Do some reading on it on the site and you'll see it looks to be a really good game. Also time delay for leaving so they have eliminated chicken making hardcore actually hardcore.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:56 am 
Game Server Host

Quote:
You'll also hit the level cap before you get into inferno supposedly meaning that Inferno mode will most likely be an extreme challenge.

or it means that there will be 2 empty difficultys (NM/Hell instead of just NM) and everyone will rush through those difficultys and spend the next 10 years grinding inferno for items.

Afterall, Hell mode in vanilla was supposed to "require a team of skilled players" to complete. l o l

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:26 pm 

Max of 4 players per game I believe.

Offline Profile