Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:59 pm

Post subject: Zealer & Smiter Testing
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:14 am 

Ok so I did some single player Smite and Zeal testing on just Hell andy. Gave myself 20 all skills and 515 stats to distribute.
My Ar: 34k
My defense: i had a frozen armor staff and i had 76k
Gear: Best gear possible 5 ber'd Griz Caddy as weap

First I tried both with a Ctc 52 amp edited griz caddy
Test Result Smiter: Went down steady.. Without any LL i woulda been decimated though.. took all 16 of my juvs but she died (CB was a major factor)
Test Result Zealer: 34k AR and i missed 2 outta 3 hits. So i was watching myself swing 15 times to land 5. Otherwise dmg was steady and with my LL i survived after burning 12 juvs.

Second try without Amp
Test Result Smiter: Same result and imo Smite is pretty balanced. Obviously im using an end game shield and gear so Hell Andy should go down fairly smoothly.
Test Result Zealer: Without Amp only thing landed was CB and that was as said before 5 outta 15 swings. Or 1/3.. He died after barely landing 20 swings which brought her down to roughly 2/3.

Now in hindsight Id like to offer some points. First without Amp a zealer is just a tank.. This is Hell Andy.. What is it a lvl 88 area? Im 101 with 34k AR and completely decked gear and I struggled to land 1/3 of my swings. Obviously Zeal has a bug but still something needs to be done here. Im not looking for a wtf pwner zealer either. IMO reduce the % AR given and add straight AR while using the skill.

As i stated earlier in this post.. Smite is pretty balanced. Im unsure how the damage reduced calculates in but if i was making a pure tank this is the route Id go.

*Edit* I took the paladin into hell worldstone.. Obviously my defense is stacked but as long as im smiting my life isn't moving *this is with zero leech*. So Im beginning to wonder if the damage reduced isn't a tad overkill here.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Zealer & Smiter Testing
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:39 am 

What you just said was actually pretty interesting... It just implied the boss charms do not effect crushing blow damage. Andy is actually physical immune without drecrep/amp.

As for damage reduced flat type both physical and magical... It's already recieved a nerf this beta. So if it's still a bit much now then it was probably overkill before. Smite should only be adding %DR though to your defenses.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:50 am 

boss charm does affect cb. cb is physical dmg. that is why it is far more potent when amp is available. unless there is a mistake with the boss charm adding no phys resist at all, which is a possibility.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:53 am 

Thing is though CB blow isn't quite the same sort of calculation as a melee attack. For only the CB to be hurting andy without a curse (which is pretty much what jndmx said) would mean that that for some reason the CB is actually ignoring the resist from the boss charm.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:59 am 

That's what I was thinking. If Andy is suppose to be physical IMM then why is CB still hurting her without amp? Something is jacked up. I'm going to test some in SP and see what I find.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:12 am 

i just did an sp test with a smiter on hell andy that had only cb and did 0 dmg. no curses at all.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:17 am 

Does Smite trigger the boss heal timer here though? I recall on AM used not to.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:18 am 

I did a test as well in SP and it did no damage at all without any curse. You sure you tested it right JnDmX?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:19 am 

yes smite does prevent healing on the boss timer on here. don't need to hit with anything else.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:22 am 

let me retest shortly pretty sure i didnt have a decrep or amp on attack

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:57 am 

Going back over my gear i did indeed have atmas equipped. My apologies for not referring that before.

I also used atmas on the zealer test simply for the phys break and AR increase. But i would assume any real player would auto use for a solo run just based on its obvious efficiency in a solo

* My concern for the Damage Reduced on smite is still there however*

Offline Profile