Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:02 pm

Post subject: Patch Reset
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:40 pm 

I read a post from Pious that mentioned the Reset has been delayed another 2 weeks.

Now honestly i dont care if it happens tomorrow or a day before diablo 3. Ill probly still play after the reset. However the reset/ patch was initially set for something like august 1st if i remember right? We're entering the 2nd month for this "hotfix" (that was what it was supposed to be if everyone remembers correctly)

What I'm trying to say is the servers are all but ghost towns when I get on to play. I even resorted to trying SC again (shudders at the lack of skill some people possess) Is this High res dilemma really worth it in the end...If only 15 people remain to enjoy it?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Patch Reset
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:58 pm 

yes it has taken longer. yes the servers are not as populated while things get sorted. when it resets, the latter will very likely be solved. i personally know of several people that won't play d2 until there is some hires version...they seem to have more patience than most around here.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:52 pm 

I personally don't mind the fact that the reset got pushed back another 2 weeks. It kinda sucks not being able to play HC right now due to the lack of players, but I'd rather them release a patch relatively free of bugs and exploits than release it before it's ready.

Until the patch comes we'll all just have to be patient.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:07 pm 

Considering its probably going to be a patch that will stand for 6 months if not longer it will be a good idea to get things sorted out now anyways.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:35 pm 
Site Admin

D3 is in development for more than 10 years and guess what ... we are still waiting.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:21 pm 

D3 has had many dev team changes over those years.. Are u implying we are gna have the same issue? :)

All im saying is this was initially a small patch to fix some op things and has snowballed into alot more.. Is it gna continue snowballing or are we near completion?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:50 pm 

I mean.. seriously.. don't you have other things to do? It's not such a big deal of patch is delayed. I understand the server is dead but there are things that need to be addressed/sorted out and it requires time. I'd hope D2 is not of that much importance that a dead ladder before a reset

Oh... I read your post wrong JnDmX. Ignore the above. lol the servers are always dead before a reset. When a reset occurs population shoots up like crazy. It's how it always is.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:52 pm 

All im trying to get across is something that was supposed to be small has turned into something much more. For the better? Probably. My concern for gameplay is balance. Always will be. Just unsure even with testing, how you can keep balance in check with so many changes.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:42 pm 

JnDmX wrote:
All im trying to get across is something that was supposed to be small has turned into something much more. For the better? Probably. My concern for gameplay is balance. Always will be. Just unsure even with testing, how you can keep balance in check with so many changes.

I'm kinda with you on this one. I'm eagerly awaiting the new patch and content, but at the same time a little reluctant about some of the bigger changes. It's just hard not to notice both Blue's patch and this one started out as mostly tweak patches, and have steadily grown into something that has the potential to change the mod big time. I guess in my case it's mostly just fear of the trainwreck of 1.3a repeating itself.

The patch should turn out fine though I think. At least this time around Mancer is working with us here&there and like most I trust his judgement on his own mod. It's also not really fair to compare this time around to Blue's when we have several times the manpower, and several respected old timers(even Terry himself) all keeping each other's changes in check.

I'm also trying to keep in mind while Blue's patch was lackluster in many regards, I still played the hell out of it and enjoyed it. So it isn't like we have these massive shoes to fill. I can only really see the patch moving forward in a positive direction from here.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:54 pm 

People need to quit suggesting shit last minute then -.-

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:54 am 

Suggesting shit the last minute wasn't the problem.. It was sheer laziness of people not testing anything in SP. Everything needed testing including the amp/boss physical nerf.

Again Fury druids decimate every single thing in the game as I've predicted. It took me 10-20 min to test this. No one wants to spend time doing it on SP.

I raped Hell Diablo with 75% leech. I used two juvs. Killed him in 15-20 sec only with 28k AR. 30k would be the ideal. But still people are talking zeal bugs/ar and irrelevant stuff rather than admitting the fury druid is going to be op as hell. Don't know what more tests you want.

Simple kiting and you can smoke any im boss because the kill speed is notoriously fast. Smoked all 3 seals in less than 3-4 juvs. The guy who stuns is fucked up damage wise or something and his stun rapes you.

If you want a more realistic test I'm sure you can do it with UDie2. This was pretty realistic though. I had no fire abs and not even using a rare eth tmaul which can get 3 cb, right?

A doubt a barbarian could abuse through IM like a fury druid, however, because you can cast IM while your WWing and which you instantly dead. It's single target attacks that are able to kite and dodge the IM.

Thats what I did the whole fight. I just attacked moved attacked moved and made sure IM didn't kill me. It doesn't take godlike skill to do that.

I imagine meph would go down just as fast probably 2-4 juvs and some mana pots and Duriel maybe in 20-25 or even 30 due to his smite.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:22 pm 

Lee wrote:
Suggesting shit the last minute wasn't the problem.. It was sheer laziness of people not testing anything in SP.

The things suggested later slowed a lot of things down. The majority of the testing was done to check the points that were put up as changed. Pious tested a lot of melee builds on single player. I don't think you realize how much was done while you were on vacation. Testing was done just no one tested Fury.

Making it D2SE compatible slowed it down. High Res slowed it down and now Low Res High Res fix is going to slow it down but it will be worth it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:20 pm 

Oh well I had the assumption not much testing was done. I guess I was wrong. In any case everything else looks good. Tested nado druids they don't actually kill that fast @50 nado and max amp. They seem pretty balanced vs bosses. Don't think there's be many other problems.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:02 pm 

Go reset.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:10 pm 

I was busy testing Pally builds to make sure they'd be ok :(

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:34 pm 

I'm sure a zealer will rock pretty good. DragonScale is pretty gg. You just need war runes.. that kinda sucks and a good 1h wep. ETh rare zerker I suppose. Hitting ds is a little harder now though if u go eth rare. Max DS anyway.

What builds were you testing? Like Hammerdins?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:42 pm 

Holy Zealers HDin's FOH Sancdin Reg Zealer Veng and Smiters.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:11 pm 

How were reg zealers noticed the zerker uniq axe got buffed. That looked pretty decent prob not as great as a eth rare zerker but yeah

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:36 pm 

Max Blessed Aim Zeal Fant Holy Shield and Sac. It needs a decent necro to do much.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:36 am 

I just arrived here a few days ago, and dont know what have been done till now or anything. But good things deserve time, and delaying something few days, months if it is for good is always good. Also, this is a free project developed by ppl on their free time so just for this matter none should blame them for delays or anything. I assume it's being done what i has to be done, huh? ;)
Good work with it^^

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:07 pm 

One thing I did notice, when using BA the passive LL doesn't show on the char screen. Turn BA off and it shows. Is that a bug? I had switched to BA to boost my AR a bit more on a sac/healer.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:20 pm 

It's a peculiarity of how blessed aim works... It doesn't seem able to do a self bonus only while active (only while not active). To make it give the leech bonus while active would probably mean giving the leech to the entire party.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:32 pm 

remove passivestate from it, but you'll lose passive %AR

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:33 am 

Steel wrote:
remove passivestate from it, but you'll lose passive %AR

Didn't know BA provided passive ar.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:21 pm 

Okey so that ladder reset has been pushed back a little by this new update patch, so can we get a new date for the ladder reset? or are you guys still planing on releasing more shit before the reset?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:43 pm 

No this will be the final beta. Personally I don't think this 2nd beta really needs to take 2 weeks myself. Things should be finally cemented to an acceptable state now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:07 am 

awesome, so reset is imminent?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:01 am 

Verb wrote:

In Soviet Russia ladder resets you.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:19 am 

LockDown wrote:
Verb wrote:

Verb is from Sweden where they exile all the ugly people to poland and their most popular sport requires u to sit 75% naked with other dudes in extreme heat.. True story.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:41 am 

The only thing left I assume is dropping the final patch with tweaked boss res, the decrep change or a few others ( dunno ) and then waiting on Soulmancer?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:35 pm 

Verb wrote:

This weekend!!! :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:45 pm 

Quote:
...the decrep change

I would like something said on this. Please refer to the top of pg 20 on the 'my thoughts on melee thread. It was quickly buried talking about amp again.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:02 am 

LockDown wrote:
Verb wrote:

[ot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c1yTEAOuEw[/ot]

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:32 pm 

Steel wrote:
LockDown wrote:
Verb wrote:

[ot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c1yTEAOuEw[/ot]

:lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:24 pm 

I just wish they would do it, i know its free and done with there own time and all, but its been so long. I'm just tired of waiting, a month is a long time to wait and i miss playing with my online freinds (they are always so much more colorful then real life freinds......... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:21 pm 

I miss you too Pappy

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:38 pm 

Pappy wrote:
I just wish they would do it, i know its free and done with there own time and all, but its been so long. I'm just tired of waiting, a month is a long time to wait and i miss playing with my online freinds (they are always so much more colorful then real life freinds......... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

There's a royalty on those you know. Now pay your toll.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:48 pm 

tucker wrote:
Verb wrote:

Is reset really happening this weekend? or is this just a joke post?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:10 am 

Hako wrote:
tucker wrote:
Verb wrote:

Is reset really happening this weekend? or is this just a joke post?

I just say my wishes. But it would be great! There won't be any mayor bugs now and others would be found easier when lots of people playing.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:46 am 

Quote:
I just say my wishes. But it would be great! There won't be any mayor bugs now and others would be found easier when lots of people playing.

Yea, I agree the weekend would be the best time to start a reset.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:44 pm 

I need a reset date nao :twisted:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:02 pm 

Quote:

the day people stop asking for one.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:09 pm 

kramuti wrote:
Quote:

the day people stop asking for one.

That would indicate a lack of interest in the mod and would result in no reset at all.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:31 pm 

Mod killer!!!

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:23 pm 

Tough wrote:
That would indicate a lack of interest in the mod and would result in no reset at all.

or a day when folks ocd didn't get the better of them. nothing on this mod has ever happened quickly (since i have been here at least).

It's coming soon (likely sooner the blizz's trademark soon).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:16 am 

kramuti wrote:
Tough wrote:

or a day when folks ocd didn't get the better of them. nothing on this mod has ever happened quickly (since i have been here at least).

It's coming soon (likely sooner the blizz's trademark soon).

I'm not making a judgment on whether the process has been slow or not. I'm just saying if you're waiting for the day when people stop making demands (i.e. a reset), you're waiting for the day people stop caring about the mod. You should be happy with this kind of passion for the mod. Who wants to play/support/update a mod nobody else was interested in?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:01 pm 

Ya, I suppose patience is too much to ask for these days.

Offline Profile