Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:52 pm

Post subject: NEED IMMEDIATE TESTING ASSITANCE
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:41 am 

The entire point of this thread is to test Melee balancing in the new patch. This was not done previously.

What you need is simply Hero Editor.. most of you are familiar with it I believe.
The reason I'm posting this thread is because of my actual in gaming testing. I'm not familiar enough with Hero Editor to be sure my tests were completely accurate. I have no idea how HIGH the L40 CTC amp was on the charm and if it was the same amp the actual NECRO has.

I created a charm and PUT CTC L40 amp on it.

15-60k on a fury druid W/ 100% DS and I smoked Hell Andy in less than 10 seconds. NO CB.

This makes me believe the amp must have been higher than 40 nec. Someone verify this for me please.

But basically all in all to assist in this testing.. btw understand I'm not doing this as part of patch procedure or anything. I'm doing this simply to see how well melees are balanced.

It's simple. Create a Melee character on SP. Give him realistic damage mods. Clear to a boss in Hell and see how long it takes you to kill that boss and compare with subbosses etc.

You need some form of AMP to test this accurately.

AFTER Further testing

With sorrows DECREP I smoked Hell andy in around 25-30 seconds. I was doing 15-58k dmg roughly with 28k AR.

I had 100% DS

Please post experience through trash monsters, sub bosses etc.

Do CB testing as well if you want. It really shouldn't take long.

Test on Barb, Zealer, and Fury druid. Thanks to any who want to/can help. I'll do further testing.

DOH Forgot about PureRage edits hahaha going to re-test.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: NEED IMMEDIATE TESTING ASSITANCE
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:50 am 

why dont u just go online and amp for my barb?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:59 am 
Game Server Host

Pious wrote:
why dont u just go online and amp for my barb?

yes plz.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:32 am 

Decided to put the melee discussion to rest after further testing despite the fact that Melee/phys will rape everything non-im they are still fucked on anything IM Baal/Dia/Samhain etc. Anyway I was right but again.. IM.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:37 am 

IM makes me cry at night because that shit is everywhere that matters.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:54 am 

Yeah keeps melees in check lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:55 am 

I would have liked to see a test with gear that is actually appropriate for the area, rather than shit you won't get until act5. I understand the point that your were trying to make, but as has been said by you and others. Testing with 101 gear is not the way to judge everything.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:13 pm 

One thing I'm curious about is whether or not there are any server side only files at work here. A number of things have led me to believe that there are, and as such single player is much easier than online server play even when using the same client files. I haven't pinpointed any exact causes, and it could just be imagination. The easiest way to check would be to fight boss x with character y on realm, then make an exact copy of them on single player and do the same thing.

Might be far fetched, but no one noticed boss charms for a while, so it is quite possible.

It should go without saying that if there are such files, then single player testing doesn't mean a lot.

Neither does 101 vs Hell Andy testing, as that scenario has no value in actual play, especially with the backloaded itemization inherent to HU. Try an 85 equipped with max level 75 gear, maybe a level 80 item or two, because that's what they'll actually find from playing thus far.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:25 pm 

I Have a lvl 85 WW barb in 1 act hell.

Thats 19k def
5k hp
19k WW
20k Bash

Anyway if you can see the image becaous I cant for some reason you can see yourselfe.
I got to Tobias yesterday on my own.He killed me in 0.234423... seconds 1 or 2 hit kill not sure he was very fast...eaven If I had double all my stats there is no way I would kill him I dont even mention andy...Not sure mayby its a crap character.Cant say I dont play to often..

edit:
Cool fixed :)

Last edited by Zen1337 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:19 pm 

kramuti wrote:
I would have liked to see a test with gear that is actually appropriate for the area, rather than shit you won't get until act5. I understand the point that your were trying to make, but as has been said by you and others. Testing with 101 gear is not the way to judge everything.

By stating that you can justify a Zod runeword like armageddon. You can't technically get Zod until A3 hell realistically and even then it's more or less not likely. You won't get a zod until your somewhere in A5 hell. Right? So was armageddon truly over powered? Is poison REALLY over powered?

If justification of balancing is based on YOUR area then how the fuck do you balance accordingly. Explain to me. Let's hear your ingenious proposition on balancing.

Melees/phys have always been excessively weaker in Normal and Nightmare than in later parts of Hell. That was the unfortunate way HU was balanced within starting far before this patch.

That doesn't mean it should be allowed to reach that level of complete rape. How effective is that poison zon before A5 gear?

Let's also hypothesize and say that the druid is balanced until he reaches higher levels with higher gear so what's that mean? Oh.. now your 101 it's okay go rape everything but non IM shit in 10 seconds or less and more or less CB anything thats IM.

Let's also give back Armageddon to Fire druid shall we? Theoretically fire druids weren't so bad until armageddon. My druid felt well balanced actually until I got that wep and gg gear.

Everything has to be balanced even with the end in mind.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:24 pm 

Poisonzons are op from A2 Normal until A1-A2 Hell where they stall on Andy and Maggot Queen for a bit (until a fire druid comes to save the day usually).

Offline Profile