Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:10 am

Post subject: my two cents
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:29 pm 

cant mule or bo myself due to either an intentional fuck up (which scares me) or because of the resolution modifications you have implemented,

first i have a small non standard monitor (used to be a sears cash register), second with your mandatory resolution changes i cant read anything without getting up to sit eye to screen with my monitor, is there some way i can have it the old way? I dont mind arrows and spells incoming from offscreen as long as i can at least see them before they hit me, which i cant right now.

btw i have 200fps without glide in tundra , iso a little resolution love.

AS OF RIGHT NOW I MISS THE GOOD OLD DAYS WHEN BLUE WAS IN CHARGE, AT LEAST HE TRIED TO KEEP THE OLD PLAYERS AROUND!

Rant complete, please give a old fart some hope that doesnt take two and half hours to implement as thats about all i get a day anymore to play

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: my two cents
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:56 pm 

I'm currently working on a low/hi resolution switch for D2SE already actually. Once I work out the current error on it I'll be able to push out normal res and high res versions of the mod. The normal resolution possibility will come back soon for sure.

--Double Post--
I have just finished successfully creating a D2SE plug in folder for HU that can switch between high and normal res.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:09 pm 

Really pappy? You miss blue?lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:08 pm 

but no one misses me :(

Abominae wrote:
@Blue
Hmmm.... Sometimes I believe your logic is on another fucked up plane of existence.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:22 pm 

An old sears cash register you can't be serious rofl.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:07 am 

Rasta wrote:

That's because you're full time forum troll now. You should really log on realm someday.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:31 pm 

seriously lee , you werent called upon........so stfu and please go troll some place else.

Unlike you , blue actually made me think or gave me hard facts instead of making stupid comments.

Yeah I liked the dude, doesnt mean i can't like baerk or kevin either.

For the meanwhile, until they get me some place i can dl some way to play it
in a non tiny format , I'll just have to not play as much or at all. I have to sit in a kitchen chair like a kid at attention to play it as it is. Notice i havnt made one comment on game play, just on stuff I observed within the first few mins of play.

Also why is it that you put in the anti loader feature, you cant even alt tab to play music. if you click anything but hu it closes game out...

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:35 pm 

Pappy wrote:
Also why is it that you put in the anti loader feature, you cant even alt tab to play music. if you click anything but hu it closes game out...

Pappy i don't have this problem. Are you running glide? I can alt tab just fine. It jizzes my graphics a bit when i have like a movie running also but I can use loader for sure.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:38 pm 
Game Server Host

you dont need to use D2SE, just copy the files from the d2se plugin to your original HU folder and run with loader.

You can also use sandboxie to open multiple d2se windows to mule or whatever.

You can alt tab. Alt tab once but hold in the alt key after it, then press tab again to cycle through the windows available (including desktop).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:19 pm 

Pappy wrote:
seriously lee , you werent called upon........so stfu and please go troll some place else.

Unlike you , blue actually made me think or gave me hard facts instead of making stupid comments.

Yeah I liked the dude, doesnt mean i can't like baerk or kevin either.

For the meanwhile, until they get me some place i can dl some way to play it
in a non tiny format , I'll just have to not play as much or at all. I have to sit in a kitchen chair like a kid at attention to play it as it is. Notice i havnt made one comment on game play, just on stuff I observed within the first few mins of play.

The fuck is your problem? No one is trolling around here but you. Your crying like a little fucking baby over nothing. There has been so much improvement since Blue has left.

We have a lot of people in the community actually doing shit! What did Blue do again?! Remind me please....

Your amongst a small minority if you want Blue back. And the fuck are you talking about? Blue made you think and I didn't? When was I suppose to make you think? Way to make any fucking sense at all? Name your point of reference in which I failed to provide 'hard facts' to satisfy w/e the fuck your talking about.

Your just an angry stupid fuck... honestly.. all you do is rant about stupid shit that no one really cares about.

Ask yourself this.. why is it that you bitch about every little irrelevant thing?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:40 am 

Actually, immediately seeing something aesthetic that will keep you from playing the game is a kin of a big deal. (If I didn't have a nonwidescreen monitor, there is no way I could play low res settings). I have turned off a number of 'great games' within 2 minutes of playing them..

I think Pappy was just venting. I never had real issues with Blue. I just wasn't thrilled how he took the high and mighty attitude and then started finger pointing...i even wrote him a pm or two saying I wish something as silly as was going on would be the end of his participation in the community.

I am also glad that a number of people stepped up to get a new patch implemented. It took on a larger scale than originally intended, but hopefully the hi/low res issue will be solved to folks contentment...not to mention the changes that were made to everything else. Time will tell.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:48 am 

Didn't quite fully understand your post but at the end of day... even if I didn't want to see Blue removed from his position. It's a sad thing to see an individual who holds that power simply just thrown out of it but you have to understand it was his fault. I know he's been a part of this community a long time and very loyal. If so many people are against the way you operate... you have to change the way you operate or a revolution is inevitable. Blue should have compromised. He would still be modding on this day if he did.

Blue refused to compromise on anything. Hell.. I even warned him this would happen. Just look through my posts and see. I tried my best to help him. I sent him several PMs.

I also hope there is a solution to the resolution idea. There are a lot of people who can't support this high of a resolution.

I feel the majority of the people who can support this resolution don't give a fuck about the people who can't support it simply because they can support it. It's a new feature that they enjoy/like. Selfish as fuck eh? What do you expect though... it's human nature.

I on the otherhand... would prefer to see the new resolution removed. It won't happen most likely. There are a lot of people who like it(Veterans and even soulmancer himself) and even I myself can play on it.

I just think that even if 5 people can't support the new resolution then it's worth going back to originality. We don't exactly have a community in the thousands.. or +. We are very small. Probably in the couple hundreds.

A few people in my party would be better off without it as well. But anyway... It's going to most likely stay because in reality.. it doesn't take high CPU reqs to run it. A decent comp + decent gfx card should handle it. Quite a few people don't really play newer games and run on crappier comps... and just enjoy HU.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:27 am 

Well the HighRes plugin itself is actually client side only I just found out. So it's just simply a matter of making patch downloads with and without the plugin. In the case of D2SE though I actually found a way to make a D2SE plug in switch between normal and high res modes without bugs as long as you're willing to change the d2mod.ini whenever you switch modes.

When the next patch comes out wether you have the high res plug in or not will be an option. If you don't have it (because moniter res too small or graphics too weak) the monsters are still going to attack you from the greater distance.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:48 am 
Game Server Host

just make a .bat inside the d2se folder that will switch between using the high res.ini and the regular res.ini.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:54 am 

The only .bats i'm familiar with are the ones that just simply execute files. There's more to them than that?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:01 am 
Game Server Host

Make 1 bat file with this as the "ON" bat file:

Code:
IF EXIST D2ModHighRes.ini rename D2Mod.ini.ini D2ModNormalRes.ini
IF EXIST D2ModNormalRes.ini rename D2ModHighRes.ini D2Mod.ini.ini

ECHO HighRes Installed =)

Then another as the "OFF" one like this:

Code:
IF EXIST D2ModNormalRes.ini rename D2Mod.ini D2ModHighRes.ini
IF EXIST D2ModHighRes.ini rename D2ModNormalRes.ini D2Mod.ini

ECHO HighRes Uninstalled =)

Now have 2 D2Mod.ini's and rename the high res one D2ModHighRes.ini

Then put those 2 .bats in the folder. You can make a shortcut to desktop to each one if you want too.

You can do alot with .bats. I log in to my D2GS console with a .bat file and wipe all my .bin files when modding with one with the only instruction as:

del *.bin

that deletes all .bins in my mod folder, so i just make a shortcut to it and run it whenever i make a change :). Handy things for sure.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:06 am 

I presume the .ini.ini you have in the first Code block is just simply a typo and should be .ini?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:15 am 
Game Server Host

oops, yeh my bad. just 1 .ini

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:50 pm 

@ Lee
Well, i dont know shit about your arguments with Blue, since i am fairly new to this mod. But judging from the posts i have read, Blue has been mostly respectful and polite. Now i dont mean he doesnt vent himself, but the language and abuse i have seen directed at him from my short time here, makes me want to like Blue more than others that goes for insults instead of cool discussions.
Now that doesnt go for everybody thats "against" Blue, like i said; i dont know about your arguments and i will stay out of those, but is it so hard to be civil in your responses instead of going "the insult way"?

Judging from your responses in this single thread, you are immature, disrespectful and cant accept that others dont agree with you. This is something i find dissapointing, but then i remind myself with; "the game is fun" and i dont have to play with ppl like you who seem to value bad language and insults highly.

now thats my 2 cents, can we all just grow up now?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:24 pm 

Baerk wrote:
Well the HighRes plugin itself is actually client side only I just found out. So it's just simply a matter of making patch downloads with and without the plugin. In the case of D2SE though I actually found a way to make a D2SE plug in switch between normal and high res modes without bugs as long as you're willing to change the d2mod.ini whenever you switch modes.

When the next patch comes out wether you have the high res plug in or not will be an option. If you don't have it (because moniter res too small or graphics too weak) the monsters are still going to attack you from the greater distance.

This will be the patch ready for reset right? Im not having any troubles with Hi-Res, i just simply dont enjoy the game like i do at 800x600. Its far too small for my setup and quite painful on the eyes after a 3+ session.

The extra monster aggro i can live with!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:14 am 

Damn good job Baerk. Appreciate the time and effort you spent on figuring that out.. definitely needed the optional lower resolution.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:48 pm 

Steel wrote:
Rasta wrote:

That's because you're full time forum troll now. You should really log on realm someday.

I haven't been following many of the updates, is the beta for beark's patch good?

Abominae wrote:
@Blue
Hmmm.... Sometimes I believe your logic is on another fucked up plane of existence.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:10 pm 

there are some quirks that are still be worked out. I haven't heard people bashing the actual content changes though. That will take time to figure out if we really hit the mark.

Use the full mpq version. For some reason, using a data folder makes fps go to shit...at least it did for me when i used a few new files that were corrected. I went back to mpq only.

Offline Profile