Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:44 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 205 posts ] 
 Post subject: *OLD* Hell Unleashed 1.3b BETA 1 - Files and changelog
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:58 am 
Site Admin

There is a 2 week beta phase with this patch starting tonight, august 19th.
There is no reset for this beta test, see notes at the bottom of this post.

Enjoy.

Files

Full Patch: http://files.arimyth.com/HU/Hell_Unleas ... 1_Full.exe

Data Folder + new plug ins: http://files.arimyth.com/HU/Hell_Unleas ... _Beta1.exe

Changelog

1:a number of unique/RW changes
2:ber rune changed to 2%cb in weapons
3:holy auras synergys changed to convic and respective resist aura both for 20%
4:MDR on diamonds cut back
5:Armor override on zerk reduced by 5% per hard point (negated when maxed)
6:Geddon and valor rws masterys removed and replaced with 50% fire mastery
7:maul grants 10% critical +2% per hard point
8:fana grants 10% critical +2% per hard point
9:plague jav duration at tier 1 changed from 10frames per lvl to 5
10:necro blades cooldown increased to 2.5 secs
11:buffed spirit wolves damage and increased max number to 2+1 per 5 soft levels
12:dire wolves damage increased slightly and max number increased to 3
13:HoW grants 1% dr per hard point to the party
14:SoB grants 1% ele absorb per 2 hard points
15:Bone spear tier 5 damage scaled back by 10%
16:Bone Spirit damage increased by 10% on tier 5
17:facets +%element damage range from 2-3%
18:amp values readjusted to soft level progression
19:enemy lifetap causes hp drain = their level per second
20:shields base damage increased by 20%
21:smite damage per level increased by 5%
22:blessed aim grants 1% passive lifesteal per level
23:elemental set parts grant +20 oskill meteor, glacial spike and thunder storm when fully equipped
24:confuse is no longer overwritten by other curses
25:meteor patch duration reduced by 20%
26:ce timer removed
27:Medi on holy amulets replaced with prayer
28:Crushing blow added as a suffix at 2-3% on weapons
29:deadly strike added as a suffix on weapons at 5-15%
30:templars armor changed to +2 skills and minimum pierce dropped to 8% elemental/pois and 4% magic (max unchanged)
31:topaz craft armor caps at +1 skills
32:boss resists have physical reduced (hell baal now 110 with charm)
33:all of the LoS heroes are now knockback immune
34:decoy reduced from 100% of zon hp + 10% per lvl to 75% of zon hp +3% hp per lvl.
35:fixed moncurse versions of amp + lower resist
36:summons Ai delay dropped to 2 frames
37:frozen armor def bonus dropped to 20% per level
38:necromage hp gain fixed and increased to 10% per level
39:necromage missiles buffed
40:HoW aura increased to 40% def/ar/damage + 15 per level, up from 36%+12% per level
41:blessed aim fixed/strategy conflict fixed
42:Cold sorb on salvation
43:prayer tier 5 dropped from 12 to 10
44:non skill IAS returned to smite
45:hurricane missiles no longer effected by slow missiles
46:IM divisor increased to /50 vs players from /40
47:Wolves max pet desription updated
48:d knight AI delay fixed
49:Phoenix strike missiles got a 1 in apply mastery
50:make orbs qualify as melee weapons in itemtype.txt to make usable for melee skills
51:transfer Double Throw AR% per level to Throwing Mastery to fix hardcoded AR bug
52:gave venom 3% hard self psynergy
53:lowered mind blast conversion to 5%
54:boosted psychic hammer tiers 6/20/30/50/80
55:nerfed LOS asn psychic hammer counter level 25 so max damage only rises :a tad as result of skill buff
56:gave FOH direct hit bypass demons
57:gave hammers bypass undead
58:decoy timer increased to 13 seconds
59:higher ele bowa skills mana costs cut in half, turned to proper 60 point builds
60:added freezing/cold bolts to replace fires magic arrows
61:moncurse amp reduced to -50
62:throwing stack replenish rates boosted
63: moonstone ele craft gloves/belts/boots/helms vary between 8-12 %dmg and pierce
64: Spirit/Dire Wolves and Grizzly Bear druid summons given a salvation state to properly activate their resists per level.
65: Inferno charges removed from "Dragon Chang" and replaced with blaze charges.
66: Flamebellow's oskill changed from inferno to blaze.
67: Metalgrid's and Wisp both have Spirit of Barbs charge level changed to 8.
68: Misleading elemental pierce description lines on Vengeance removed.
69: Hidden Critical Strike on Werebear now stated in description
70: Merc Changes
71: High Res plug in applied with various monster AI changes applied to adjust to new screen radius

*Note: also added a new boss (Soulmancer). He resides in his temple in the great void. To get there, you need to mix all 3 uncursed uniques and hell Samhain's charm in the cube and use the portal skill on the key you get (Cast at The Throne of the Dead)

*Note2: Soulmancer has extreme might so HC beware... let SC take a crack first to figure out if there's any ways to stand a decent chance (I would advise against attempting to solo since the boss's primary attack will decimate any lone target that can't teleport).

*Caster Testing Note: Any non sorc casters using the ele mastery oskill RWs or facets will need to get new gear to replace the legacy gear before passing passing any judgement about viability.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Hell Unleashed 1.3b BETA SOON
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:14 am 

DuFFBeeR wrote:

For the BETA, there will be NO reset.

But will there be a reset after the beta is over or no reset what so ever?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Hell Unleashed 1.3b BETA SOON
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:23 am 
Site Admin

Verb wrote:
But will there be a reset after the beta is over or no reset what so ever?

Yes, there will be a reset when the final 1.3b patch comes out.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Hell Unleashed 1.3b BETA SOON - Changelog and notes incl
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:28 am 

DuFFBeeR wrote:
49:Phoenix strike missiles got a 1 in apply mastery

eh?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:32 am 
Site Admin

Likely a 2 week testing period followed by a reset, testing may go longer if there are issues.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:29 pm 

I was looking at the changelog. Did the Warmth synergy to fireball get fixed?

Quote:
31:topaz craft armor caps at +1 skills

Unless someone else changed it, the topaz armors will still be able to get +2. (Remember I used clean files when I adjusted runewords and crafts).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:42 pm 

kramuti wrote:
Unless someone else changed it, the topaz armors will still be able to get +2. (Remember I used clean files when I adjusted runewords and crafts).

I remember specifically fixing this myself. It's just no one bothered to double check my correction in that 2nd test patch.

As for the warmth synergy to fireball thing... this is the first time I remember it being mentioned. It probably got overlooked just as the OP blizzard mercs nearly got overlooked.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:53 pm 

sigh, I updated the buglist when Rage's changes were used as a base to try to help show what had been fixed and what hadn't...no huge deal though.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:18 pm 

What's wrong with warmth/fireball(bolt?) ? Should it give any extra damage to something? In my game firebolt has Fireball/Meteor/Ench/Hydra synergies only.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:44 pm 

hmm, i am more than likely retarded...i could have sworn that one of the synergies did not work as intended...ignore me for now at least :oops:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:30 pm 

good job guys! the short testing period will be good to iron out the small things that might have made it between the cracks.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:17 pm 

Good job to everyone involved.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Hell Unleashed 1.3b BETA 1 - Files and changelog
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:41 pm 

Question, is it intentional that you can not buy gems, glyphs, and runes from vendors? Don't recall seeing it in change logs.

Edit. Forgot we had to dl another patch.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:06 pm 

Will the resolution change be permanent? It is not playable for me at these huge resolutions. Is there a way to keep the 640x480 res option? Hope it is. But if not, thanks anyways. The mod was fun while it lasted

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:13 pm 

1) we need to fix the skill screens to show what the prereqs are.
2) alt+tab and cntrl+esc are not doing what they should...i assume this isn't really avoidable?
edit 3) chat area needs some loving
pretty awesome otherwise (from my 5 min of fiddling)!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:18 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Will the resolution change be permanent? It is not playable for me at these huge resolutions. Is there a way to keep the 640x480 res option?

How is it not playable? I don't understand.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:26 pm 

Soulmancer wrote:
How is it not playable? I don't understand.

At 640x480, it comfortably took up only 20% of my screen and had no lag. At the current high resolutions, it's longer than my screen vertically and uncomfortably takes up 80% of my screen in windowed mode and there's some noticeable lag. It's just too big a change for me and most of the people I play with. Can there maybe be an alternative patch that disables all the extra features? It's a fairly old game and I'm not using a gaming PC so the increase in resolution negatively affects my gameplay.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:51 pm 

<3 new tundra.

I think it's possible to do a small update with old res files for guys who don't want it. They won't see what's happening offscreen as we do.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:57 pm 

Running on the lower resolution won't work due to the AI increase?? What are you talking abt? Its going to have to be reverted back to the original.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:57 pm 

A friend noticed that warmth was not applying his reduced damage correctly? I personally did not double check and don't completely remember what the issue was.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:06 am 

Quote:
Running on the lower resolution won't work due to the AI increase??
It will work, just you'll be attacked from higher distance. It will make things harder for you but I bet it won't anything bad, at least that ai feature brings some difficulty to mod.

That's why I think it's possible to do a update with old files without d2res plugin as an optional download or merge it with mpq, just make .bat file to install one of these correctly.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:11 am 

Yeah.. that's a pretty crappy expenditure.. at what cost? So a few people can play in higher resolution?

If most people can play on this resolution w/o problem then I'm completely for it. I'll just buy a new video card.. but my specs are pretty good.. so I know a lot of people are going to have issues with this.

I'm down to hear more opinions on this.. if most people are cool with running it then I'll give my 100% support.

But I'm sticking with my assumption that a big portion won't be able to run it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:24 am 

Quote:
Yeah.. that's a pretty crappy expenditure.. at what cost? So a few people can play in higher resolution?
Why, game will be harder. AI should be changed before imo, without higheres. It's hell unleashed after all.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:27 am 

Makes no sense Steel. So game is easier for people who can play on higher resolution but harder for people who can't? So let's give an advantage for people with better comps and disadvantage to those with shittier ones and justify it by saying "It's Hell Unleashed."

?!?! Wtf

.... that makes no sense. If most people can't play on this we'll have to revert back.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:45 am 

Ok. Mind this it wasn't my idea of highres - Soulmancer was one of guys who wanted this - so I'm not defending it or anything. You isn't whole community and you're running on rig that was meant to browse internet and play farmvile on fbook. D2 highres won't require much more power than regular d2 unless you want to run in on your calculator. And it won't give any big advantages for guys with higheres. You can still use multishot amazons on 640x480 and clear full 2 screen from you, same with teeth, just monsters won't attack you, with changed AI they will... but majority of them are melee that must get near to you anywa.

You want easier mod, pm Blue.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:54 am 

Steel wrote:
Ok. Mind this it wasn't my idea of highres - Soulmancer was one of guys who wanted this - so I'm not defending it or anything. You isn't whole community and you're running on rig that was meant to browse internet and play farmvile on fbook. D2 highres won't require much more power than regular d2 unless you want to run in on your calculator. And it won't give any big advantages for guys with higheres. You can still use multishot amazons on 640x480 and clear full 2 screen from you, same with teeth, just monsters won't attack you, with changed AI they will... but majority of them are melee that must get near to you anywa.

You want easier mod, pm Blue.

I have no problem with you stating it wasn't your idea. The problem I have is with your attitude. Your take on this matter/issue is very selfish and childish. I'm thinking about the whole community and your thinking about yourself.

I stated.. if most people can play with it I'm fine but if a large portion can't then something has to be done aka reverting.

Instead of being a reasonable person and agreeing with me you keep defending/arguing keeping the resolution as it is. You don't sound very intelligent or someone who should be respected.

I've already stated I'D BE FINE playing with this resolution via purchasing a new video card. I'm simply LOOKING out for the people who won't be able to play on this resolution.

As I said before.. handicapping the game for those with bad computers is not a solution. I've already heard the increased AI is huge on the new resolution. It won't be playable for lower resolutions with the current AI setup. PERIOD.

Change your attitude man.. stop thinking about yourself and those who have good enough CPUs to run this and start thinking about the entire community.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:04 am 

Quote:
I'm thinking about the whole community and your thinking about yourself.
Ok, you're voice of community.
Quote:
Change your attitude man.. stop thinking about yourself and those who have good enough CPUs to run this and start thinking about the entire community.
You're completely ignorant when it comes for PC stuff, aren't you? It won't require "good" machine, good maybe back in 2003-4 but now any low end taken from a dumpster on your street can run it. It's 2011 already and we all have 1gb+ of ram while game was written having in mind 256ddr(simm and dimm) at most.
I know many guys played d2 before and had 30fps at most, now they have 10 or less, but all I've heard is "we have onboard graphic cards, we're not games". You won't be playing d3 for that matter. Should you write on their forum they must keep 640x480 so you buy it?

Quote:
I've already heard the increased AI is huge on the new resolution. It won't be playable for lower resolutions with the current AI setup. PERIOD.
So, AI itself terrifies you? Give it a try, revert to 1.3a and run few tests, you don't need these files to see server changes.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:13 am 

I'm just going to go out on a limb here, if you use the Character Stats mod, and you lay the beta overtop, it combines both the stats and inventory on your left side of the screen, and if you press I. It instant explodes the game. Since its a low res mod getting overrode by a high res new mod, the obvious solution is a clean install. I did so and everything looks wonderful.

Only thing to note is black edges of the screen where it doesn't seem to want to show you stuff, but only sometimes?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:17 am 

Steel wrote:
You won't be playing d3 for that matter. Should you write on their forum they must keep 640x480 so you buy it?

Now, I, myself, don't have a problem with any increased AI because I'm playing SC. But that right there isn't a fitting analogy. A better example would be if D3 was released at 640x480 res and then Blizz, out of the blue, patched it to only have higher res options, which would increase the minimum requirements.

I just play HU because it's a nice change from vanilla and it's an old game that I'm familiar with and can run on my laptop. But if the high res stays I wouldn't have any choice but to stop playing D2 altogether or go back to vanilla. I'm not gonna whine about it because I didn't write the mod. I'm just wondering if a low res option would be added back on. If not, I'll be on my way.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:26 am 

Steel wrote:
Quote:
I'm thinking about the whole community and your thinking about yourself.
Ok, you're voice of community.
Quote:
You're completely ignorant when it comes for PC stuff, aren't you? It won't require "good" machine, good maybe back in 2003-4 but now any low end taken from a dumpster on your street can run it. It's 2011 already and we all have 1gb+ of ram while game was written having in mind 256ddr(simm and dimm) at most.
I know many guys played d2 before and had 30fps at most, now they have 10 or less, but all I've heard is "we have onboard graphic cards, we're not games". You won't be playing d3 for that matter. Should you write on their forum they must keep 640x480 so you buy it?

Quote:
I've already heard the increased AI is huge on the new resolution. It won't be playable for lower resolutions with the current AI setup. PERIOD.
So, AI itself terrifies you? Give it a try, revert to 1.3a and run few tests, you don't need these files to see server changes.

First of all, talking about two char builds that can kill off screen is a complete invalid argument. I'm not interested to hear a handful of builds who can kill offscreen.. that doesn't change or mean anything. Not every CHAR build has capabilities of offscreen killing actually most don't.

I never said I was the whole voice of the community. I just know there will be a portion who can't run on the higher resolution. How many?? I don't know but if the number is small.. I've already stated I'd upgrade.

The game was indeed written for much crappier computers but HU is far more detailed, graphic extensive than original D2 was/is. You can't argue against that. Those higher graphics/details result in a higher CPU req/demand. There are certain areas in the game that cause LAG even on good computers. Running in bigger parties has always caused FPS lag even FuryCury can vouch here. We had too many summoners in Tundra and he left the game because of lag. I recall him having a pretty bad ass comp but no matter how good your comp you'll still lag in a fullscreen on tundra with summons etc.

Why the fuck did PureRage make an edit removing things like catapult lag etc. ?? Ask yourself that genius. If people ALL had amazing comps there'd be no reason to release such an edit.. don't you agree?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:35 am 

Quote:
Why the fuck did PureRage make an edit removing things like catapult lag etc. ?? Ask yourself that genius. If people ALL had amazing comps there'd be no reason to release such an edit.. don't you agree?
That's because LoD missiles are resource hungry, things like hurricane, molten, all fire patches are drying available memory in no time.

I won't argue with you, I can play games like gta4 on high, veryhigh with 30+fps but sometimes have 20 fps in d2. It's because d2 is fucked up, not high requirements. You are just making your assumption based on an old game, that every res increase requires extra horse power under hood (which is true but on newest game, not on old when it's better to generate all shit on screen in 0.001 sec)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:40 am 

The fact of the matter here is higher resolution will result in less fps. I don't care how you want to break it down with graphics and resources. You can do a benchmark test if it makes you feel better but I'm keeping it simple here.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:43 am 

Just did a summoner run while running a Summoning Necro, as well as having a Summoning druid join in. about 16 summons from me, 8 from Druid.

I'm using a computer running a Radeon x1950 Pro I can see some going from 40$-79 either from Ebay, to Newegg, or even Amazon.

I am running an extensive amount of ram for Windows 7 64bit. 8.00 gb

Ram is cheap nowadays, you can buy 2gig sticks for 12.99 a pop off newegg with free shipping. you don't even need 8gigs since you'd have to run a 64 bit operating system to utilize it. for 26$ you could have 4gigs which is what 32bit systems use. for 66 dollars you could cover both if you literally do not have a video card worth mentioning and literally no memory in your system, requiring you to buy 2 entirely new sticks of memory (which seems doubtful) worse comes to worse spend 13$ if your video card isn't so bad, and get 2 more gigs of memory.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:37 am 

I cant download either of the files, it says that dropbox have temporarily disabled that account for having too much traffic. Would be nice to be able to download this so could someone else put it up aswell?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:38 am 

Verb wrote:
I cant download either of the files, it says that dropbox have temporarily disabled that account for having too much traffic. Would be nice to be able to download this so could someone else put it up aswell?

I am having the same issues. I'm an old player who is trying to come back and bring a couple friends along with me, and we're fiending for the new version. Any other downloads available would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:42 am 

I can mirror a small update for you guys till Duff/Baerk log in. Rapidshare or stuff?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:44 am 

Steel wrote:
I can mirror a small update for you guys till Duff/Baerk log in. Rapidshare or stuff?

Whatevers clever coach.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:49 am 

I'm Uploading them to Megaupload and FileFactory currently. Should be done in about 20-30. Ill post links when they are able to be downloaded.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:53 am 

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AMJIHIXR
It's a small update only. If you don't have HU at all you must download 1.3a then apply that. IF you have HU, just unpack it somewhere and copy/overwrite every file to your d2 folder. Don't forget to run game with -direct -txt extension added to shortcut or just by hell unleashed.bat

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:55 am 

Man you guys were fast, thanks a ton for the help. Hope to see you guys on soon!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:02 am 

thanks a lot man, appreciate it

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:30 am 

Megaupload Download of full 331.meg version
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=REYQC2KI

FileFactory Download of Full 331.meg version
http://www.filefactory.com/file/cd15255 ... 1_full.exe

will edit this post and add my FileFactory downlaod when possible

:Edit added Filefactory

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:12 am 

hmm, the hi-res seems OK atm... but i feel some problems coming

Last edited by jaykayrox on Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:35 am 

Given all the monster changes that will probably be necessary AI wise for the ranged AIs there's actually little doubt in my mind there's probably going to be need for further tweaks.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:25 am 

Why is it that the two times that i have used Rage's-based dll files that I get the Cain crash when talking to him. It's not a coincidence that these are the only two times this has happened to me in 10+years.

I am not really a fan of all the text changes when looking at the drops...purple rejuv lettering is distracting to me, 101gp, mp, hp. I would like to have to normal texts for these as an option.

Not whining, it's small price to pay as long as a clean install fixes the first issue...will do that at some point today or tomorrow.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:48 am 

There will be reset in 2 week, right?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:02 pm 

diablo 2 stops working randomly. i didnt have this issue till i dled the new patch. most times it stops after just a min or two, sometimes i can play for an hour.

i had major issues with fps when i used the data dl which made it unplayable because everytime i got into a group of enemies my fps would drop to 1 or 2. dled mpq now and it works great with fps running steady at 85.

world stone kind of sucks with new res cause of light radius. i was fighting enemies i couldnt see. merc runs out of prayer radius.

third level on the way to baal, the background was a small picture in the top left corner instead of full screen and monster ai seemed to be old ai. i could see them but they didnt attack me unless i attacked them.

would it be possible to add life regen and mana regen into the stat display?

edit: by third level on the way to baal i meant after the wp, cleft of dimention. here is a screenshot.
also my game doesnt minimize anymore.

Last edited by deathcard on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:35 pm 

Im curious as to why after the install, It will not run on full screen mode.. i went as far as to download the glide wrappers... and it finally started to load... but it only loads in a 640/480 resolution.. so i can see the top left quarter of the game i guess??

Lifes what you make it, so make it how you want to live it, if your life isnt what you wanted, then maybe you should change it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:49 pm 

twistedmoonz wrote:
Im curious as to why after the install, It will not run on full screen mode.. i went as far as to download the glide wrappers... and it finally started to load... but it only loads in a 640/480 resolution.. so i can see the top left quarter of the game i guess??

what os are u using? maybe set compatability mode on the shortcut?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:51 pm 

Quote:
diablo 2 stops working randomly. i didnt have this issue till i dled the new patch. most times it stops after just a min or two, sometimes i can play for an hour.
Does it crash on Druid/Assassin? These two still have wrong values in inventory.txt (gridRight column)

Quote:
i went as far as to download the glide wrappers
http://www.mediafire.com/?25tk8ir585hrb9f use this version of wrapper. Also make sure you run with -direct -txt and have all files in d2 folder(installer makes new folder with files)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:53 pm 
Site Admin

Pretty sure a lot of people are just not installing correctly. I have had 0 issues so far

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:55 pm 

i crash on fireclaw druid, frenzy barb, and healer pally.

i have hu on several pcs now and they all seemed to work properly till the patch. not sure why. could be that i dont have a clean d2. it had moded files in it from the past and my game disc doesnt work anymore so i cannt reinstall.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:57 pm 

Delete previous data folder, unpack new. You should only get errors on druid... but only on full screen mode.

Last edited by Steel on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:59 pm 

ok ill give that a try and let u know what happens.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:04 pm 

tried to download but the link is shut down for having to much traffic

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:10 pm 

there is another download link on page 4

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:11 pm 

On page 4-5 there should be some megaupload links of the same files.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:11 pm 
Site Admin

One note the extractor.exe puts files into a sub directory automaticly, where they should not be.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:20 pm 

Soulmancer wrote:
One note the extractor.exe puts files into a sub directory automaticly, where they should not be.

What my issue was. Extract those right and delete data folder and everything should work fine. If anyone has any D2SE related errors I've managed to fix mine just PM me with what is going on and I'll help out.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:29 pm 

Soulmancer wrote:
Pretty sure a lot of people are just not installing correctly. I have had 0 issues so far

Is the removal of the lower res options a permanent change?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:52 pm 
Site Admin

I think it can be configured within D2expres.ini we could use 1024x768 and 800x600 likely... Donno if it would work though do to the inventory/stat changes... a lot of issues people are having with it is do to an incorrect install. Such as an old data folder or the mod being extracted into a sub directory

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:01 pm 

i downloaded the file again and unpacked it again and reinstalled it and doesn't seem to close the game on me anymore.
works awsome and i love the new resolution. i been wishing blizz would have done that with vanilla long ago.
any thoughts on tps? maybe add in tps again that only work for the person who made it? that would make mfing so much more enjoyable. also that would make it so people cannt exploit the tps for rushing or item grabbing at bosses.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:07 pm 

Soulmancer wrote:
I think it can be configured within D2expres.ini we could use 1024x768 and 800x600 likely... Donno if it would work though do to the inventory/stat changes... a lot of issues people are having with it is do to an incorrect install. Such as an old data folder or the mod being extracted into a sub directory

Well, I did a clean install. Pretty sure I did nothing wrong. But there's a significant lag difference from before and it's not playable for me this way and at these sizes. 1024x768 is simply too high a resolution for my screen. I'm just curious if the 640x480 option will be added back on. If not, that's fine. I'm just looking for a definitive answer so I can move on.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:12 pm 

Tough wrote:
Soulmancer wrote:

Well, I did a clean install. Pretty sure I did nothing wrong. But there's a significant lag difference from before and it's not playable for me this way and at these sizes. 1024x768 is simply too high a resolution for my screen. I'm just curious if the 640x480 option will be added back on. If not, that's fine. I'm just looking for a definitive answer so I can move on.

what is ur pc specs? (processor speed and cores, ram, video memory) what operating system are u running? (windows vista and 7 require compatability modes that solve fps issues)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:14 pm 

Apparently some are having a hard time finding my download links, if someone who has the power to, edit the main page and add said links onto it, so people will find it easier?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:16 pm 

deathcard wrote:
Tough wrote:
Soulmancer wrote:

what is ur pc specs? (processor speed and cores, ram, video memory) what operating system are u running? (windows vista and 7 require compatability modes that solve fps issues)

I'm using a laptop with integrated video and 1.6ghz ULV Core 2 Duo processor. 4gb Ram. Windows 7.

I know it's not a gaming PC. But I'm not a gamer. This is the only game I play. I play it because I'm familiar with it and it didn't take up much resources. I only play old games on this computer and I enjoyed being able to play it in a small window while I watch a movie on the side or do something else.

I don't mean to sound rude but I'm not looking for any kind of "fix" on my end. I play this because the 640x480 option is available. If it's permanently removed, I'll move on. I don't mind the AI changes and don't care if I'll be playing at any kind of disadvantage that way. I just want the window to stay the same size as before. So....I'm just looking for a yes or no on whether the 640x480 option is coming back. That's all I'm really asking.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:18 pm 

Just installed it, games running and changes look fine. But having problems with lag when I go fight. My laptop isn't new, but little surprising it can't handle this change.

PC specs: Pentium M 1.86 gHz, 2048 mb ram, geforce go 6800 256 mb, windows XP

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:21 pm 

@up Try using glidewrapper - http://www.mediafire.com/?25tk8ir585hrb9f extract it to d2 folder, run d2vidtest, select 3rd option, run glide-init.exe, configure as you like and check how it works, hope it runs smoother.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:21 pm 

What's the max resolution of your screen by any chance Tough?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:27 pm 

Baerk wrote:
What's the max resolution of your screen by any chance Tough?

1366x768

It's a 13.3 inch screen. With the new patch, the D2 window now extends under my taskbar.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:29 pm 

game just crashed again.

edit: it crashes on my pally healer

Last edited by deathcard on Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:29 pm 

I don't have the issues with druid crashing. I picked up up most everything within onperson inventory.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:36 pm 

Steel wrote:
@up Try using glidewrapper - http://www.mediafire.com/?25tk8ir585hrb9f extract it to d2 folder, run d2vidtest, select 3rd option, run glide-init.exe, configure as you like and check how it works, hope it runs smoother.

I appreciate the quick reply. I didn't have it on that 3rd option. Made all the difference. Thank you!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:45 pm 
Site Admin

For the final patch I think likely will either have the high-res a stand-alone add on plugin or have 1024x768 and 800x600 the video settings under options... Those running in lower res will just have to deal with higher monster aggro range.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:47 pm 

Soulmancer wrote:
For the final patch I think likely will either have the high-res a stand-alone add on plugin or have 1024x768 and 800x600 the video settings under options... Those running in lower res will just have to deal with higher monster aggro range.

So, I'm assuming the 640x480 option is never coming back? If I could get a clear yes or no answer to this question, I'd really appreciate it so I can move on.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:51 pm 
Site Admin

If the high res becomes a stand-alone plugin or D2SE is adjusted accordingly then you would likely still have 640x480... You're comp must really blow!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:53 pm 

Soulmancer wrote:
If the high res becomes a stand-alone plugin or D2SE is adjusted accordingly then you would likely still have 640x480... You're comp must really blow!

Thanks. Yes, this laptop blows. But it's more of an office comp. I don't really play any other games unless you count solitaire and minesweeper.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:12 pm 

using D2SE:

anyone with the same issue?
i am able to run the new patch properly using the batch file (not D2SE), but when i simply copy the whole content from the "normal" HU folder to my D2SE HU mod folder, its messed up.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:27 pm 

you need to activate -txt with D2SE

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:40 pm 

Links are down.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:49 pm 

ok i needed to deactivate it, thx ki4m

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Hell Unleashed 1.3b BETA 1 - Files and changelog *Upd Li
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:19 pm 
Site Admin

Links updated.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:59 pm 

Since the patch I keep getting random crashes. As in the game just closes with no warning. Act doesn't matter, and happens both in town or attacking. Ideas? Used the full update not data folder.

Edit: Playing druid when stops. Will try other char and see.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:14 pm 

Currently the offset values for the druid and asn inventories are slightly off and its causing random crashes in full screen mode.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:00 pm 

On another note, after a few hours of playing 1024, my eyes hurt lol!

@Soulmancer - Maybe a 1024 x 768 / 800x600 may alleviate some problems for those people.

I personally prefer 800x600 in terms of game play! But thats just me. Its a hard adjustment playing 600 then to 1024!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:04 am 

My client keeps crashing when i hover my mouse 1 (imaginary?) row below the bottem line of the inventory, except for the 4 most left colums. This is happening with an ama, sorc, pala, barb, assa and druid. Made a necro to test with, client also crashes on him but it seems to be affecting less colums. This is in windows mode (1024x768), for all chars.

As far as I can tell, I am using the latest versions of the different patches (HU_HighRes2.1.exe & HU1.3b_Beta1_full.exe).

Also, what do I need to edit to remove screen shaking?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:19 am 

delete your data folder and then install the update again and your inventory problem should be fine

EDIT: would it be possible to fix the thorns not causing bosses to open portals problem? if not could you guys remove thorn on items that dont really need it?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:04 am 

22:blessed aim grants 1% passive lifesteal per level works, except when active life steal goes away. Intended?

35:fixed moncurse versions of amp + lower resist seems ok, showed -56% on char screen.

42:Cold sorb on salvation currently showing 1% sorb, not 10% as was discussed. Question, why only cold sorb adjustment?

71: High Res plug in applied with various monster AI changes applied to adjust to new screen radius is working but a few areas of concern. Monsters spawning extra fast + fanata enchanted are seriously fast. The frog and temple guards in act3 get 2 packs together and WOW. Jury is still out on whether I like it :shock:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:09 am 

Verb wrote:
delete your data folder and then install the update again and your inventory problem should be fine

EDIT: would it be possible to fix the thorns not causing bosses to open portals problem? if not could you guys remove thorn on items that dont really need it?

1 deleted my data folder
2 extracted HU_HighRes2.1.exe (overwriting all files)
3 started client
4 made client crash as described above

5 moved LOCAL into data (i think it's in the wrong location in the update?)
6 started client
7 made client crash

which makes me wonder if HU_HighRes2.1.exe is the latest version?

@down thx, i see that the links in 1st post have been changed..

Last edited by Zorax on Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:15 am 

kwikster wrote:
22:blessed aim grants 1% passive lifesteal per level works, except when active life steal goes away. Intended?

35:fixed moncurse versions of amp + lower resist seems ok, showed -56% on char screen.

42:Cold sorb on salvation currently showing 1% sorb, not 10% as was discussed. Question, why only cold sorb adjustment?

71: High Res plug in applied with various monster AI changes applied to adjust to new screen radius is working but a few areas of concern. Monsters spawning extra fast + fanata enchanted are seriously fast. The frog and temple guards in act3 get 2 packs together and WOW. Jury is still out on whether I like it :shock:

35 - you are talking about amp from "cursed" bosses
42 - it goes 1% cold abs to salvation per 1 point in res cold aura, just like all other 2 res auras, res cold aura gives 10% cold abs itself.

@Up, use links from 1st post only... for now. Small or full download, not HUhighres, that package had outdated txt files.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:53 am 

Did hell baal run and... first bug (my mistake) agony and suffering are moving...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:25 am 

Steel wrote:
Did hell baal run and... first bug (my mistake) agony and suffering are moving...

Hmm, it would be a good idea to make game harder ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:26 am 

lol! i bet thats interesting to see

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:11 am 

Steel wrote:
35 - you are talking about amp from "cursed" bosses
From cursed unique mobs but it's close enough to be ok.

Steel wrote:
42 - it goes 1% cold abs to salvation per 1 point in res cold aura, just like all other 2 res auras, res cold aura gives 10% cold abs itself.
Guess I misunderstood, thought is was 10% cold sorb flat. My bad :oops:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:04 pm 

Hey, i noticed on my Frost Nova Sorc either the graphics or the stat placement for Lightning Mastery and Cold Mastery are mixed up. Confirmed in single player as well. Lightning is currently displaying COLD mastery and vice versa

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:10 pm 

Ok so the mix up is actually that simple... good. On an other note I have successfully found a way to make D2SE mode switch between normal res and high res. It should be in the next patch.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:06 pm 
Game Server Host

GameLucky21 wrote:
Hey, i noticed on my Frost Nova Sorc either the graphics or the stat placement for Lightning Mastery and Cold Mastery are mixed up. Confirmed in single player as well. Lightning is currently displaying COLD mastery and vice versa

this is for sure.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:20 pm 

i noticed that when i was in my inventory it will knocked me out to the regular screen when someone tried to trade with me. happened on several occasions. when i picked up an item i would have dropped it on the ground if i hadn't seen it before i clicked.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:10 pm 

Seems that Damaged reduced and Magic damaged reduced are bass ackwards :)
The display in the stat screen that it

Lifes what you make it, so make it how you want to live it, if your life isnt what you wanted, then maybe you should change it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:01 am 

Hmm, while logging in the chars and game the "please wait" popup always come up down to the right in the screen.

And while i am in the chatscreen the backround is all black and looks buggy, is this how it is supposed to be atm or?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:19 am 

Hi guys!

I would like to ask a - maybe stupid - question... I read this forum since a few weeks, but I haven't found an answer to my question, so if I write to a wrong topic or anything else, sorry about that...

I play with the solo edition of this awesome mod, because I haven't got any time and friends and etc. to play with the multi. I'm waiting for the 1.3 solo, 1.3a, or 1.3b, doesn't matter, and I haven't found any posts to know, what about the solo ver.

There will be solo version newer than 1.21z, and if will, then around when?
Thanks for your answer, and sorry if I posted to the wrong topic.

And thanks for your work :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:04 am 

If guys are interested with new synergies/gear we have on multi player edition, I can update monstats (hp, res, skill lvls) of monsters etc. for singleplayer purpose, but no sooner than end of week.
Or just update 1.21z, few skill fixes without gear changes.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:20 am 

To be honest we play the solo with my 2-3 friends, but not together, non of us have enough time for longer party games and tcp/ip. We like the whole item graphics, a few changed item stats (nai circlet for example), and the fixes in the notes for the 1.3 multi, and we will be happy for a solo edition, that contains all the new items, graphics, fixes, etc...
I don't know how it works, but if it's not hard work, just balancing the mob stats, apply the rejuv pots, tp scrolls spawn, etc, and the multi edition changes to solo like this way, then I think it would be better, to make the 1.3 multi to solo, rather than write some fixes in the 1.21z.

Oh, and by the way: if my english is *** bad... well, sorry about that, I'm from Hungary, and haven't spoken since 7-8 years ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:09 am 

Hmm, while logging in the chars and game the "please wait" popup always come up down to the right in the screen.

And while i am in the chatscreen the backround is all black and looks buggy, is this how it is supposed to be atm or?

anyone?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:30 am 

i think we need fix damage Dragon tail because it have fire damage and physic damage but cannot kill enemy have fire resis or physic resis |||| when kill boss , boss dont take fire damage => dragon tail = dragon talon 1 kick ...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:04 pm 

must i dl both files?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:44 pm 

the data folder will convert a 1.3a installation to 1.3b if you now how to properly handle data folders. If you don't have an HU install however the full patch functions as a D2SE plug in and with a little file moving can turn a normal d2 install into HU 1.3b.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:04 pm 

trying to play with my friend, got him to install the latest patch fresh, whenever he comes into the game this is what he sees

and whenever he tries to open his inventory the game crashes. help?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:15 pm 

Judging from that jumbled mass I see... I strongly suspect either the d2mod.ini has the wrong set up or the d2modsetup wasn't ran to install the mod properly. The screenshot shows your friend is clearly accessing the new high res Dc6 pictures but the high res plug in is not operational for some forsaken reason.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:12 am 

paridoth wrote:
trying to play with my friend, got him to install the latest patch fresh, whenever he comes into the game this is what he sees

and whenever he tries to open his inventory the game crashes. help?

I have the EXACT same problem. I'm pretty sure I installed the mod correctly (also ran D2modsetup.bat). At the video options screens clicking on the video resolution toggles the text from both the high res options, but it changes the game from 800x600/640x480.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:53 am 

Zyin. Would you mind posting the contents of your D2mod.ini file. In particular I want the lines that list a bunch of dll file names.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:53 pm 

So i did a legitimate baal run last night. I love that agony and suffering move. Definitely makes for a much harder challenge. Any way you can keep it like that? Except maybe keep them from moving to the entrance? Cuz i can see an abusive pk opportunity there...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:34 pm 

They are stand alone super unique monsters. There's no way to limit their movement range short of an unwalkable chasm/wall between the entrance and the rest of the map that's bridged by a couple of teleport pads.

They can either creep around with the same walkability limits as players or have no travel ability at all.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:52 pm 

two things i have found

The Act 2 quest icon that shows which tomb is correct is in the wrong spot

Tal Rasha's stats in skill descripton text file are wrong I think. Cold mastery should be 140 (125 from skill and 15 from Tal's belt bonus) and Light mastery should be 235 (220 from skill, 15 from Tal's belt bonus). Others' pics have been correct...

Edit: clarity

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:06 pm 

It's known that the extended stat screen that Ki4m worked on actually had a couple pairs of stats swapped around. MDR and DR are switched as well as cold/lightning mastery. Thanks for spotting the displaced symbol though.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:35 pm 

Forgot to add about inventory.txt, gridbottom has also wrong values, should be 563.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:53 pm 

Not sure why it occurs exactly, however left clicking on potions seems to cause random hard crashes. Sometimes opening up the inventory will do it as well. The % chance seems to be completely random and occurs about 1% of the time I do either of these actions. It does not occur when you pick up potions however when you attempt to move them or shift click them into your belt it can occur.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:22 pm 

Anyone know why skill tab looks like that??

Attachments:
Screenshot011.jpg
Screenshot011.jpg [ 975.35 KiB | Viewed 94246 times ]
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:34 pm 

I've been quite aware of the skill tab thing graphics thing myself. Nothing that some Dc6 work to the proper files can't handle though. Just it wasn't really worked on as the bnet chat screen was.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:40 pm 
Game Server Host

its not Dc6 related but skilldesc.txt related. With the higher res you have an extra 3 columns of space on the skill tree and an extra 6 rows. All the icons just need shuffled around and the arrows added back in at some point. That can be done with a clientside edit.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:30 pm 

So even the prereq arrows are skilldesc.txt related? I was more under the impression they were dc6 controlled.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:00 pm 
Game Server Host

so much more screen space = possibility for more space in horadric cube?

that way when i need to craft I can have way more items then needed in there...lol

Another serious note ran nm tundra today on Bone Nec...very choppy in general. Running in window mode makes me wonder if it will always be that bad. We will see.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:03 pm 
Game Server Host

Yeh sorry the arrows are image related, the tree layout (crammed into a corner atm) isn't.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:01 pm 

Question... Anyway the new screen res can be an option ?
Suggestion would be the high res would have all the new screen content. The old screen res use's the old screen content.. Reason is I find the high res very choppy the lag is intence at times..Before anyone says get a new comp lmao buy me one...all great mmo's have res options so the player can play the game smoothly.. As it is now there will be many that won't be able to play the mod like this and plus new comers that want to play won't be able to play the game do to there comp can't handle the high res..
Remember that not everyone in the world can go out and buy new comps or even high end ones do to the economy sucks balls people need to pay there bills first....

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:08 pm 

It's going to be an option starting next patch. Pappy brought the concern up with his two cents thread as well and I already found a way to make it manageable on D2SE for mode switching.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:23 pm 

Baerk wrote:
It's going to be an option starting next patch. Pappy brought the concern up with his two cents thread as well and I already found a way to make it manageable on D2SE for mode switching.

What about those who don't use d2se. I know quite a few who don't.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:47 pm 

ok so got another friend to install, he did everything by the book and now he is getting this http://i.imgur.com/TIVHC.jpg

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:22 pm 

Interesting Desktop... I wonder who the character is. That aside... Try full screen mode and windowed mode (windowed mode activated with -w on the shortcut target). Also Try running D2 Video test to see what video modes are available. Since your friend downloaded the full patch he also happened to get the glide mode with the patch (which gives one more video mode to try out to see if it works well).

The 4th and 7th posts of this thread (both posts by me) gives info on how to use the glide-init.exe to tweak the glide for max performance. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4466

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:48 pm 

Without D2SE it will be simply using the other setup (another patch) with the low res fix.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:46 am 

Ok, the hard crash via inventory bug which i believed had something to do with using or moving potions actually involves trailing the cursor down certain spaces of the inventory into dead space.

going from the bottom from the right side, count 5 inventory spaces in, if you trail your mouse down from that space it will cause the hard crash. also some of the space from the 6th space as well. This happens repeatedly from my assassin. after testing on other characters as well, my druid as well as my pally did not have this issue, after switching back to my assassin it failed to crash like usual. Very confused now that I replicated the crash 6 times consecutively and now it will not happen.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:08 am 

OK seems i'm gettin a crash when placing cursor over very bottom slot on 5th row from let of char inv. But only when there is another screen up on the left such as Stash, Vendor, Char or whatever. Confirmed on single player and on many different chars as well. Placed cursor in that slot then move it down to force crash. Hopefully its just me

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:43 am 

I really should of double checked all the inventory.txt offsets of the high res work but I only fixed 5 professions (not druid/asn) on the lower resolution before pushing out the patch.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:52 am 

try this fixed inventory.txt:
http://www30.zippyshare.com/v/1704084/file.html
put the file into:
"your HU folder"\data\global\excel

(moved some equipped items a little, and fixed placing items out of inventory)
hope its bug free now...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:48 am 

Just Double Checked all the offsets... All 14 sets look good. People running the patch with that txt file in their data folder should be good and not have any random inventory crashes.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:33 am 

Baerk wrote:
Try running D2 Video test to see what video modes are available. the patch gives one more video mode

maaan! thats the solution for my problem :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:29 pm 

about the soulshards:
is their size going to be fixed with next patch?
if not I can contribute you with new skins, cause atm they look a bit weird

edit:
maybe this skins:
http://www47.zippyshare.com/v/18416229/file.html

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:57 pm 

ki4m wrote:
try this fixed inventory.txt:
http://www30.zippyshare.com/v/1704084/file.html
put the file into:
"your HU folder"\data\global\excel

(moved some equipped items a little, and fixed placing items out of inventory)
hope its bug free now...

confirmed good on my chars now ty

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:08 pm 

Any way of fixing the floor bugs (impassable invisible walls) of certain areas? eg. hellforge and ANB area.

Also was the mana burn bug ever fixed?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:17 pm 

I know there's a way to fix the MB bug but I'm not familiar with how its done (it was properly implemented in Back To Hellfire mod). As for impassible tiles with no obvious obstacles... It will be best to post a screenshot of the impassable point. Otherwise the modder will have no clue where to edit the map.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:20 pm 

Well I can't even play now.... I don't have or even know wtf D2SE or whatever that thing is. Loader doesn't work now so i can't open d2 and when i try and use hell unleashed.bat it tells me to insert my d2 disks.. well i dont have my d2 disks with me because you dont need them more then once... I would like to get on and play but i have no way to load this up. I downloaded both those files and extracted them in my HU folder and all it seemed to do is screw everything up. AKA not being able to load d2 anymore.

Edit: well after playing around even more and just trying crap because i tried everything else. I'm able to get d2 loaded up by using Loader, but i have to literally try and load it a hundred times. Hoping i get lucky and it loads up. i'm in game and everything looks right, but only time will tell i guess. any random crashes are going to suck because it takes like 15 minutes of clicking before i get lucky and loader works.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:02 pm 

That's strange... nothing about the patch when not used with D2SE should not prevent loader from working at least to my knowledge... :?: All I can figure from the information said that something went screwball with the install attempt. Have you tried running it in glide mode via the video test? Full screen mode with the other video modes tends to be crash prone.

--Double Post--
If for some reason its actually the fact the loader's a problem for some forsaken reason you could try the no CD crack I use: http://www.megagames.com/download/DIABL ... E.NOCD.ZIP

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:37 pm 

Hako wrote:
Edit: well after playing around even more and just trying crap because i tried everything else. I'm able to get d2 loaded up by using Loader, but i have to literally try and load it a hundred times. Hoping i get lucky and it loads up. i'm in game and everything looks right, but only time will tell i guess. any random crashes are going to suck because it takes like 15 minutes of clicking before i get lucky and loader works.
Are you using the loader from here: http://forum.arimyth.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1288 I've not had any issues using that loader and the no-cd cracked versions from 1.12.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:28 am 

i cant run the game on my main pc... the res is too high, it just doesnt open, open-close game instantly, tried on other pc and worked perfectly, but those pcs arent mine xD is there a way to have a dual res option, switch to 800x600 for dino-pcs owners? the max res my screen allows is 1024x768, anything higher than that just crash. or just an extra patch with same glide effect, etc but lower res? i dont mind higher difficulty... im an experienced player, i should handle it with no problem.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:27 am 

There's something in the file Missiles.txt which caught my eye, the rows with showercenter (A800 in spreadsheetview), showerinvisbolt (A801) and orbshatter (A808) have the entries in I800 (gewonnen) I801 (gefeliciteerd) and I808 (zou). Is this intended?

There seems to be an inconsistency for Lower Resist between actual level and next level. Before having the skill it shows (in the skilltree) that lvl1 will be -25%, while having lvl1 displays -26%, every lvl4 there is an extra -1 which isn't shown in the next level section.

Any chance of getting NightFall in?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:09 am 

Wolfs wrote:
i cant run the game on my main pc... the res is too high, it just doesnt open, open-close game instantly, tried on other pc and worked perfectly, but those pcs arent mine xD is there a way to have a dual res option, switch to 800x600 for dino-pcs owners? the max res my screen allows is 1024x768, anything higher than that just crash. or just an extra patch with same glide effect, etc but lower res? i dont mind higher difficulty... im an experienced player, i should handle it with no issue ataproblem.

Fixed it.

i went to the "D2expdunnoshitname.ini" and changed the X2 resolution to 1024, and not its runs lovely :D, the game runs normally and looks exactly the same compared to the high res pc of my brother.
I dont have any lag issue at all even when my pc its supeer dinosauric, 512 ram 64 video card? lul 512 ghz '.' i just foudn 2 things:

1- the game only ONLY only lags when i open stats screen, not sure if happen on fast pcs.
2- sometimes, and happens on any pc, the game just close (in other words, suddenly crash and leave not error message), when i go with my mouse on the bottom right part of the inventory, not sure wich block make it crash, or is there many, or if its even the inventory, only happens when i use inventory, crash sometimees not always, any thoughts?

other than these 2 points its works perfectly and lovely, super smooth and cool.

1 more thing... BIGGER STASH PLOX!! :twisted: more less muling ftw, inventory and cube are fine as they are atm

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:39 am 

Although it would be really nice to expand stash space there's considerations that have to be made. If we are to keep a normal res version around for those who absolutely can not handle the high res the next patch the stash is going to have to keep to a size that a 640x480 resolution could handle. 2ndly even if we did forsake normal resolution people we'd still need a PlugY like plug in that could actually function on the realm anyways since if overall inventory/cube/stash space were to get any bigger the engine limits on the save file wouldn't necessarily support it properly. The exploits made available by hitting that particular engine limit are far too abusive to let roam on the realm.

As for the inventory crash... a fix has already been posted for it earlier in this thread in the form of an inventory.txt download. It will be included in the next patch.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:58 am 

Having played around a while on the patch overall it's a huge improvement. One area tho I'm not overly crazy about is decoy/valk cool down. To me hitting decoy with the life nerf and the increased cool down is a bit much. Especially since that timer also prevents valk from being cast while active. I know the reasons it was done was to prevent decoy from being readily available, but would it be possible to have different cooldowns? Valk will never be anywhere near the tank decoy was as it doesn't share the same life buff double dip. No, I'm not asking to revert decoy back to prime tank status, but gotten caught a few times in a pack of extra fast frogs in act3 that had me juving had as both valk and decoy got slaughtered and had to wait out timers.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:24 am 

Yo Baerk, I did some SP testing about using the wider Maggot Caves in HU, and everything runs fine for me.... didnt find any serious bugs....
and Its alot more fun to play with wider maggot tiles than with the old small ones...

http://phrozenkeep.hugelaser.com/forum/ ... php?id=529

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:05 am 

Decoy timer shouldn't be that high, it's not like I ever used decoy or care, just 13 secs seems fishy with hp% nerf.

Do new cold arrows on items/ele bow skill get all and only "xxx cold dmg" xfered to explosion? Making sure before I start collecting these charms from mules and make holy freeze bower.

Tried cold bow amazon with that 26lvl bow, so far normal attack > my skills clearing wise(dmg is lower but covers a lot more) but I haven't hit 36lvl yet.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:15 am 

@kwikster There's only two ways to lock out a skill that Brother Laz could ever find. 1) The cool down timer which will lock out all timered skills for the duration of the timer. 2) Making specific skills uncastable while the Shape Shift flag is active from a tempory self debuff. Given the nature of zon skills though trying to use #2 would probably lock out a lot more than just one of the summons.

Concerning decoy's double dip. I know a way to obliterate it with soft coding. There will be 2 side effects from this new life formula: 1) Any +vita gear you wear will lose effect on decoy life as the amount of +%max life you have increases [+100% max life will cut +vita in half, +200% max life cuts down to 1/3]. 2) Any and all %max life gear being applied to your zon won't effect decoy life.

@steel Yes, it should be an exploding arrow mirror in that it should accept all weapon cold damage from charms/saphs/gear just like exploding arrow accepts fire damage of those types.

@ki4m The maggot lair's seriously still bothers you that much? I'm not even bothered by that narrowness anymore. To make it wider would be making it not as nice for a melee anymore.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:55 am 

did you even test the plugin before judging it?
there are still some areas that aren't that wide, the layout of the map has some new features, like small side rooms...

and since its only about adding one folder into HU, why not?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:19 am 

Just as well I didn't waste my time testing the plug in and contaminating the modding folders judging from that screenshot. Also judging from the side rooms I see in the automap it does not seem like the side soom layout is actually any different from the original (just the entire tile set had its pathways bloated). That isn't like what brother laz did with his mod making maggot lair skinny areas 2 characters wide so people could squeeze past each other if they positioned themselves properly like in the original arcane sanctuary.

That particular plug in pretty much destroys the original spirit of maggot lair by turning it more into a sort of low tech rock walled catacombs. If Soulmancer was really that bothered by the maggot area's narrowness I'm sure he would of implemented that plug in a long time ago.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:43 pm 

I just feel from my playing a lvl 89 zon that the cool down timer is a bit excessive, 13 seconds is harsh. Coupled with the life nerf it got, I suggest dropping that value to match valks timer for testing. IIRC valks timer is like 6 sec or so. Either way, casting one locks out the other for that time.
Steel wrote:
Decoy timer shouldn't be that high, it's not like I ever used decoy or care, just 13 secs seems fishy with hp% nerf.
Not sure on sins, but no other cast delay I've encountered is near as high as decoy's. To me, let the cool down be equal to valks for testing. My opinion anyway. I tried running hell Leo, Before nerf decoy lasted about 10-15 sec, now lasts 2-3 sec. Duriel it got 1 shot. Haven't tried vs other act bosses as I'm sitting in A3 hell atm. Mind you, I still don't have end game gear. No hear, shards, or anni. Current char lvl 89.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:50 pm 

agreed. 1.3a introduced great imbalance because many skills/chars got more than 1 nerf. Decoy already got 2 ultra nerfs, I guess that skill will be removed from actual usage when the next patch with ladder reset arrives.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:56 pm 

Actually Valk's cooldown timer is coded as 10 seconds in the files (decoy used to be 5 and is now 13 seconds). Also from the tanking time frames you are giving regen is clearly active on the decoy (only way it could possibly skew things into a 5x difference when the actual life difference isn't even 3x).

I'll be willing to buff the decoy's tanking power for amount of timer somewhat but that regen has to go as a sacrifice for it since it's complicating decoy's tanking balance by magnifying the tankiness of a higher amount of hp.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:02 pm 

Question, when you say "I'll be willing to buff the decoy's tanking power for amount of timer somewhat" are you talking about returning to previous life values?
Baerk wrote:
Also from the tanking time frames you are giving regen is clearly active on the decoy (only way it could possibly skew things into a 5x difference when the actual life difference isn't even 3x).
If you're talking life regen from say a healer then ya, I 100% agree on that. As was, on my Zon decoy would just survive the old timer vs Leo. Mind you I had no oak and self bo. IIRC my life with self bo was about 3.2k.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:08 pm 
Site Admin

How's everything coming overall?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:53 pm 

should lower cool down on decoy +1

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:15 pm 

I knew the cool down on decoy was way over the top back when I seen the changelog for the new patch. It should of been either/or, the life % nerf, or the cool down, not both at once. You should keep the life % nerf and revert back to the old decoy timer, or keep the cool down and revert back to the old life %.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:29 pm 

Actually when I'm referring to regen I don't mean from a healer. All summons can have their own independant monster health regen values (not too long ago there was a case of an OP valk summon on aftermath simply because it had its regen set too high).

Monster health regen is based on a % of max health. So a combination of regen and max health could make it entirely possible a summon can just simply out regen the damage a boss would dish.

How about this proposition then. Valk life 75% + 5% per level. Cool down timer 10 seconds. Regen left be. Double Dipping mechanic gutted to prevent decoy's life from getting so high that the regen can get out of hand.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:03 pm 

Baerk wrote:
How about this proposition then. Valk life 75% + 5% per level. Cool down timer 10 seconds. Regen left be. Double Dipping mechanic gutted to prevent decoy's life from getting so high that the regen can get out of hand.
I would assmue you meant Decoy and not Valk. Sounds like a good possibility. I definitely don't want decoy as strong as it was just that the double nerf was a bit of overkill, imo. I forgot about the health regen on summons. As Decoy doesn't show up as a summon, had no easy way to see that aspect. Can we get this implemented for testing?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:42 pm 

Actually I just manually checked the damage regen column of dopplezon (decoy's name in the text files). That particular column for decoy was actually a 0 strangely enough. I find it rather surprising that some prayer aura on equip/from merc can actually cause a decoy to regen one third of hell leoric's DPS under the old HP progression.

We could do the possibility of damage regen -1 so that the decoy would slowly degen at the slowest possible speed (meaning it would take easily well over 20 seconds for the decoy to die just from its own degen as it would degen at the rate valk currently regens).

Main reason I want that double dip gutted though is because it causes decoy HP to vary too much. In order for a tanking summon to be balanced we can't have its tanking power going all over the place (such as due to double dipping). The double dipping gut may prove a rather hard blow for the decoy. It may very well require an other adjustment (but at least a balance disruptive dynamic will finally be removed making it much easier to properly balance because a good oak will no longer 9x or more its HP potencially).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:37 pm 

When I was referring to my Zon and hell Leo, that was solo. Like I had stated, self bo, no oak and no source of regen from prayer. I use an act1 cold merc. I'm just feeling that the double nerf is a bit steep in current form. Going from 5 to 13 sec is a 260% increase in the timer. Coupled with the life nerfs it just feels a bit harsh. IMO, it should be timer of 8 sec with the life at 100% +3% per hard point. Perhaps that would be more appropriate. One reason Decoy gets so much stronger late game is that it scales in life based on + skills and the added life buffs from gear. By taking + skills out it would reduce decoy life to a more manageable lvl as in would cap decoy life at 160% of Zons life.

Am I wrong or is current Decoy progression 75% +3% per lvl? If so then I see an error. Maxed decoy with no gear on (slvl 20) shows 60% of zons life, slvl 30 90%. No wonder my decoy got blasted out in 1 hit by hell Leo.

Edit: Using Kevins edits cause skills to display old values. I.E. Decoy showed 200% at lvl 20 vs 60% once removed.

Edit2:Checked on new toon. Verified it starts at 3% per lvl. Seeing this, the skill got nerfed three times, not two. "34:decoy reduced from 100% of zon hp + 10% per lvl to 75% of zon hp +3% hp per lvl." adjust please.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:09 pm 

Don't believe everything the skill description says unfortunately since they can be coded to display something entirely different from what the skill actually does... Purerage just did a bad skill description edit when he did the valk life nerf. The coding in the skills.txt really does state it at 75% + 3% per level for valk's life (and this overrules anything the skill description may otherwise say). Either the base HP% fields have been broken in the first place and no one's ever noticed or people have been exagerating.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:16 pm 

I just got back from vacation. 1.3b looks really nice on the higher resolution. I know not everyone is a fan but it really is good work. I couldn't find on here if we will be able to alt out of the window like before for muling and what not, will this be possible?

-Delta

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:53 pm 

If you have more than one window open (whether it be of d2 or some other program) then alt+tab will work like normal. Otherwise to minimize you will have the hit the key with the windows symbol on it which brings up the start menu to force the D2 to minimize. In windowed mode it just simply doesn't minimize at all even if you click outside the window (and all you could do is just have some other window display on top of it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:06 am 

This is a trivial thing but is it possible to change the colors of a few runes (KO to IST iirc) from purple to something else say green. They match the text color for juvies and can be looked over rather easily when moving thru an area quickly.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:27 pm 

Would anybody vehemently object to lower hell Bloodraven's tele when struck mod from 30 to 15, like it is in nightmare? It has always seemed over the top to me.

edit: oh and reinforced mace still needs its graphic fixed. It's offset to the right

and one more thing...i don't know whether to believe the LCS, but feral does not display it's full life leech as listed on the skill. For my wolf it should have 30%, but only displays 23% when fully charged...k am off to work.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:53 pm 
Site Admin

Send me a PM when you are satisfied that the testing/changes are good to go for reset.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:57 pm 

oh man reset would be great, hope its real soon

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:13 pm 

kramuti wrote:
edit: oh and reinforced mace still needs its graphic fixed. It's offset to the right

fixed mace:
http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/5176303/file.html

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:15 pm 
Site Admin

I'm going to be gone all this week until Saturday so the soonest the final patch would be distributed and the reset would likely be Sunday. That would give just under a week to wrap everything up, which should hopefully be good!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:35 pm 

Actually I doubt the patch will truly be ready quite that soon. There was really a lot more bugs/incompletions with implementing with high res than expected. Personally I want to push out a 2nd beta. This beta will have the option to install for either normal res or high res (normal res for the people with dino machines). This 2nd beta is to make sure that everything with the high res is finally bug/crash free (as well as have all the proper visuals finally in place such as skill trees and the bnet chat screen). Also to nail a couple more issues hopefully properly (trying to prevent melees from totally shredding bosses as well as a couple skill bug fixes)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:59 pm 

ki4m wrote:
fixed mace:

:D

anybody have thoughts on the blood raven tele thingymadoodle?
I can take a peak at some point tomorrow to see if the character screen is lying, or if the skill and its description do not agree on the feral rage issue.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:03 am 

@Baerk what are the current bugs with the higher resolution? Are people crashing in certain areas or something? I haven't witnessed any bugs per say for myself.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:25 am 

Actually it depends on the characters and resolutions you play at for crash bug wise (certain profession and resolution combos have no random crashes but others do). Then there's fixing up the appearances so things don't look odd (skill trees, bnet chat screen, inventory equip boxes vs where the equip actually snaps into place).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:58 am 

This might be a little bit offtopic just erase it if this shouldn't be posted here.
Just discovered this mod today, yeah so late! -_- And was wondering...
So the project isn't abandoned even the main creator drops into torchlight 2 ,right?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:19 am 

Personaly I did not have any problems with new patch, awesome job lovin the high res, regarding the mele issue, I did not had a chance to test all other mele builds but my lvl 85 ww barb is having realy hard time with act 1 hell bosses cant kill anything geting owned in 2 seconds average.It looks ok to me then again, that is my highest char, it has descent gear elemental set craft helm lvl 80 2 hand mace cranium basher, etc, I played D2 since clasic on and off so I know my way around builds.

Again thanks for all the work.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:02 am 

i dont know if this might be the place to do so, but, since you gonna release a new patch. Have you though about removing cdcheck? blizzard did so with 1.13 official patch.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:33 am 

you dont need a cd if you use the newloader or D2SE

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:43 am 

Ok, didn't know about those. Gonna try them. Thanks!

edit: Ok downlaoded and im having a hard time knowing how tu use d2se. xP
I used the search box and still no luck. I have uncompressed the mod where it says "place your mods here" foldered and unfoldered.

If anyone could please give me some advice i would apreciate it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:30 am 

PM me with what you did and I'll try and help you out with D2SE. I've had enough problems with it that I can fix most of the problems by now.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:09 am 

finally i had it to work.
Lobby screen when creating/looking for games it's blacky(buggy) dunno if im the only one.
Also the inv. screen and merchants screens looks to empty now :P give it some fancy texture or something. Gameplay at this res. it's awesome.
If got a question offtopic thou; is it portable this mod? I mean, can I now zip the moded diablo fodler and just unzip it into my other comp so i dont have to redo all the things I've done in one of my comps. Or will i have registry issues?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:00 am 

should be portable. just install it on your other computers like you installed it on your first... you should still be able to access your battle.net account

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:29 am 

I mean all the diablo II folder, including diablo 2 instalation itself, not just the mod.
Maybe i haven't explained myself well.
What I'd like to do is to zip the folder "c:\Diablo2 HU" where i have diablo 2 + diablo 2 lod + HU mod. And unzip all this into a comp. wjere i haven't installed diablo vanilla so i can skip that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:37 am 

here is a complete guide on how to use D2SE:
http://snej.d2maniacs.org/forum/index.php?topic=18954.0

(this link should be added to the first post)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:56 pm 

Baerk wrote:
Actually it depends on the characters and resolutions you play at for crash bug wise (certain profession and resolution combos have no random crashes but others do).
I have 3-4 friends I play with. We all experience crashes at some point. One friend kept crashing just walking to Malah with no screens open (amazon). Another would drop just walking around and experienced heavy lag, but I think that his lag is due to the high-res (his comp uses Win98 :lol: ). The only way I could fix my crashes was to do full mpq and data folder along with Ki4m's inv.txt file. Since doing that I have yet to crash.

So far I haven't seen big issues with melee, but I also have no end game gear. As it is, with most builds, the issue will show up once chars get fully twinked out. The line is so fine with melee (phys dmg) they are either power houses or useless vs bosses. Capping CB at 16% is still far lower than 1.21z as it was possible to break 40% (iirc). It was found that going too low was bad so the hairs have been split. Also, when a few have talked about destroying an act boss, most have used Andy as the benchmark, haven't read anyone talking about Hell Diablo or Baal. Am curious as to how they fair in those areas.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:05 pm 

Actually I have yet to hear anyone actually really do some successful legit solo runs against duriel or beyond in hell. I guess the factor that the later bosses having about half of the leechability of andy is really tripping people up (given the slippery slope nature of leech though this isn't surprising).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:04 pm 

What I don't understand is why no one wants to do some testing in SP on hero editor. I'll do some tests right now on every boss in the game and post results back here. It doesn't even take that long.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:52 pm 

By all means do so... I'm very interested to hear just how soloable those bosses really are.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:50 pm 

Bladesins might need a look at in terms of a similar AR problem that barbs had. I am lvl 87 w max bladefury, sentinel and blade shield. Blade fury does decent damage, but the problem is the AR required to hit things. It seems to me like without pumping AR you have a shitty chance to hit. Also for close combat blade shield should do a lot more damage. My char isnt twinked so she only doin 11k. This is my two cents but I would like if someone more knowledgeable than me took a look at this.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:37 pm 

Sins are amazing tanks with claw block and fade. It's for max CB low damage when using blade shield.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:57 pm 

The ranged AR bug that hard coded is universal (effects physical bowazons as well as asn blade fury). The reason I fixed it for barbs was simply due to the fact the barb's skill layout made a fix very convenient to do so (a mastery which only effected ranged already present and only 1 ranged attack attack skill).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:52 pm 

Probably any prob there:
yesterday with a friend we got the last key killing nikta for open the way to land of shadows , i put all five key in the cube and that give me the key of the maker and not key of evil so any bug there???
PS: Soulmancer Boss if fucking STRONG :) nice challenge

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:24 pm 

LockDown wrote:
Sins are amazing tanks with claw block and fade. It's for max CB low damage when using blade shield.

So are paladins w holy shield. Why would you use a bladesin w cb if its cheaper on a paladin and smite always hits? And bladefury is bugged like the amazon's strafe requiring huge attack rating. You played a bladesin this last patch? How did she fare compared to other builds? What did you max? Give me some numbers or examples of how she owned with cb and blade shield. Otherwise I feel like your initial statement is more of an opinion. Maybe I built mine wrong, but I can tell you she sucks at the highest fcr and needing huge ar to hit 4 times out of 10 blades thrown. She is lvl 87 and blade shield is maxed along with synergies and the blade shield damage is 11k. Blade sentinel is horrible at hitting also, although the double strike makes it slightly more effective, yet the set path it travels is useless when dealing with monster AI. The thing that aids my damage most is venom, but it has to be recast. It accounts for 1/3 of my damage along with the poison pierce I have on each claw. Cloak is castable but there is a huge cast delay to it (20 seconds plus). But again maybe I built mine wrong. Tell me how you built yours and how she fared.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:26 pm 

Baerk wrote:
The ranged AR bug that hard coded is universal (effects physical bowazons as well as asn blade fury). The reason I fixed it for barbs was simply due to the fact the barb's skill layout made a fix very convenient to do so (a mastery which only effected ranged already present and only 1 ranged attack attack skill).

So nothing we can do for bladesins or strafe-zons?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:37 am 

I never said it was great damage I said AMAZING tank. Claw block blocks everything including most spells Holy Shield doesn't do that so spells can eat away at your health pretty fast.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:48 am 

As for bladesins and strafe zons... Bladesins' blades actually use melee damage and AR (which means it would be impossible to give the blades decent AR without giving all the asn's other melee attacks great AR). As for zons... bow mastery simply doesn't exist (since there's no ranged mastery item stats) which puts them in a similiar boat to bladesins of having to boost all attacks hit chance just to boost strafe.

If you really need to boost your hit chance then I suggest either maxing claw mastery for AR for bladesin or maxing strategy for a zon.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:21 pm 

redscalp wrote:
Probably any prob there:
yesterday with a friend we got the last key killing nikta for open the way to land of shadows , i put all five key in the cube and that give me the key of the maker and not key of evil so any bug there???
PS: Soulmancer Boss if fucking STRONG :) nice challenge

That's because both receps share the same item type. Change LoS key output from "key6" to "evilkey" to fix that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:31 pm 

About Agony and Suffering moving - that actually makes them much easier. The main thing that makes that fight hard is having to come at them from a limited angle, and the SUPER TENTACLE HENTAI PORN doesn't move, and Baal doesn't move often so it's hard to separate them. Let the tentacles move and it becomes very easy to do that.

As for Bladesins, they really have to use Fool's claws. That's the affix with a decent amount of max damage based on level and a very large amount of AR based on level.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:31 pm 

SvF-Cagematch wrote:
About Agony and Suffering moving - that actually makes them much easier. The main thing that makes that fight hard is having to come at them from a limited angle, and the SUPER TENTACLE HENTAI PORN doesn't move, and Baal doesn't move often so it's hard to separate them. Let the tentacles move and it becomes very easy to do that.

As for Bladesins, they really have to use Fool's claws. That's the affix with a decent amount of max damage based on level and a very large amount of AR based on level.

At first i liked that the tentacles moved because it made for a new type of fight. But upon running him over and over the fight is dumbed entirely way to much. You can pull em back and decoy leave em and engage baal.
At least the other way around it took 30 seconds or so to get him out and opposed to 5 seconds to pull/decoy then engage.

Ive already asked about a maximum movement path that are allowed and apparently it isn't possible so if anyone else agrees Id ask to just put them stationary again

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:29 pm 

Got most of the patch compiling done. Really took longer than I expected.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:01 am 

It might not be a bug and might be myself missunderstanding the skill tree and the synergies, althou I post it just in the case it isn't that.
Just realized that WW does not get it's +1% magic dmg from berserk as sinergy at least if it does it is hidden. Also Concentrate attacks does get and it shows, althou it only get +1% per natural skill point, those given by items does not give an extra +1%. Maybe it just give 1% and wont add nything else even spending natural skill points.
If that's all right and it's missunderstand everything, I apoligze myself. ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:06 am 
Game Server Host

the conversion to magic synergy to WW wont work due to the way WW is coded.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:35 am 

what about weapon mastery adding a flat 1-.5% magic dmg based on screen damage or something per hard point, or is that to OP. im sure im not explaining it well

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 205 posts ]