Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:12 am

Post subject: Some suggestions for the next patch
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:35 am 

Not trying to get ahead of myself but after talking for quite some time with Pious and bouncing ideas around with him Im gonna throw some suggestions for the community to see.

Theres alot of useless skills on almost all characters. Mostly skills just for synergies (ala sacrifice). And there are a few broken skills like Zeal for starters. Now i understand its probably quite the task to rebalance skills. But in my opinion its needed. Just looking at the paly I can see a few that need adjusting. For example Blessed Aim, When i see i have the aura I honestly dont feel that blessed. I know Kev is giving it Lifeleech but in my opinion more needs to be done.

Mentalsins need love. Mindblast while being a very useful skill, gets very annoying and I believe the convert needs to be either reduced to a very low % or just removed all together.

After testing the Zod RW's with Oskill masteries I still think the reduction to 50% is a bit obscene. In some cases it was a reduction of 40% or more dmg. Basically nullifying any type of hybrid builds chances.

BO bots need to be fixed somehow. I know im not of the popular opinion here. But if u wanna make this game more challenging, then finding a way to nullify using a barb bot needs to be done. I feel like im playing a mmo when im buffing myself with chants/armor/bo to do a tundra or baal. They make items such as CTA and ondals all but obsolete.

These are just a few ideas and I'll add more as they come. Feel free to add ideas or weigh in on mine.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Some suggestions for the next patch
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:55 am 

JnDmX wrote:
After testing the Zod RW's with Oskill masteries I still think the reduction to 50% is a bit obscene. In some cases it was a reduction of 40% or more dmg. Basically nullifying any type of hybrid builds chances.

Hmm.. Which ones are we talking about?

JnDmX wrote:

Mentalsins need love. Mindblast while being a very useful skill, gets very annoying and I believe the convert needs to be either reduced to a very low % or just removed all together.

This is already being done.
JnDmX wrote:

BO bots need to be fixed somehow. I know im not of the popular opinion here. But if u wanna make this game more challenging, then finding a way to nullify using a barb bot needs to be done. I feel like im playing a mmo when im buffing myself with chants/armor/bo to do a tundra or baal. They make items such as CTA and ondals all but obsolete.

This isn't as much of a problem on Softcore as it is HC.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:09 am 

LockDown wrote:
JnDmX wrote:

Hmm.. Which ones are we talking about?

JnDmX wrote:

This is already being done.
JnDmX wrote:

This isn't as much of a problem on Softcore as it is HC.

Valor and Armaggedon. Doesnt matter where the problem is. If you have ants in the basement.. You still got ants..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:20 am 

But nobody on SC do BO bots for extra 100% inc (it's average what most ww barbs here get). When a barb is in team he's on front line(really in corner but sounds better) and need bo/inc. He's taking the spot someone better could get so it's cool he at least gives buffs.

Want to nerf BO to 2%? 1%? or maybe reduce its duration?

IMO. BO bots/ench chars/oak bitches defeats the purpose of HC... And any tries to fix that just hurt guys who play 1 char.
It's like to prevent MH, delete everyones maps so we blindly seek the way.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:15 pm 

I hear ya. Its only a suggestion as I said I am not of the popular opinion. It feels like to me you could replace that 4th or 5th spot in ur party with a dps'r and drop the BO bot at boss fights, which is currently happening on HC. Thereby somewhat nullifying a barbs role in HU.

And to kinda criticize myself, I do take the BO from the bots. But if making HU tougher and more competitive is what the community wants, then finding a way to isolate BO to strictly party play is a suggestion.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:17 pm 

Mod the game for softcore. I don't think a few bobitch's on HC where the population is probably under 15 regular active players is hurting anything. HC needs to use those kind of crutches, we don't even have the 4/5th party member to replace the bobitch. You should see a lot more barbs in parties if/when melee gets sorted out.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:19 pm 

I'm not worried about BOBots on hardcore I'm sure the extra life is nice. People on Softcore can play gimped characters without consequence. So all in all not a big deal.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:17 pm 

ok mindsins need a bit of love. while we're planning to reduce the magic absorb on the boss charm a little, should we also reduce the chance to convert on mind blast? maybe buff the last tier a bit as well?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:30 pm 

Pious wrote:
ok mindsins need a bit of love. while we're planning to reduce the magic absorb on the boss charm a little, should we also reduce the chance to convert on mind blast? maybe buff the last tier a bit as well?

Well check out Abominaes post in the suggestion forums. They need more than a buff on the last tier if they are going to be a playable boss even in conjunction with the magic boss nerf. That's just my opinion. Abominae has one end game and can give you accurate numbers.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:48 pm 

Pious wrote:

I sent the tier numbers and damage values Blue comprised to Baerk earlier today. It will produce roughly 40k (split) Psychic Hammer end-game (with shards and such). Fully twinked, you'll hit ~42k if you're lucky.
Currently, at level 95 with two shards & an Anni, my Mentalsin is doing 13k-16k split damage, so 6.5k-8k mag/phys at level 95. The only real thing she's missing is +1 from amulet, +1 from helm, and +8 from charms. With those additions, she will hit ~19k top end.

I believe 40k is a pretty decent end-game number fully twinked. 20k/20k will be solid, but you don't want the damage to be too beefy even if it is a single target skill. Psychic Hammer can be cast roughly 1.5 screens away and causes zero counters (and doesn't reset boss timer).

As far as MB goes, you can reduce the convert and be fine. If it's at even something like 5% chance to convert, you can convert as it's ranged + AOE + spammable. The biggest problem with Mindblast having a large convert is from what I've seen: The chance to convert rolls first and then damage is applied. So even if you one-shot a monster, you can still convert first.
Also, MB would have to be slightly buffed if it's used to be a viable skill. It hits ~14k-20k at absolute maximum skill levels at the moment (all shards, brain, heart, absolute perfect +skills gear).

My personal suggestions for Mindblast would be to reduce the convert chance to 5% and scale it's damage to about 20k-30k fully geared, 25k-35k completely and utterly twinked out.
Even with the new Mentalsin Runewords & Hellmouth giving them a small buff, the absolute maximum level of Mind Blast is level 64, which currently does 15.8k-22.1k. If you want to buff the damage, I would suggest buffing only the very last damage tiers on the skill as it is quite strong in Normal/NM but fades off instantly when you hit A4-5NM & Hell+.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:11 pm 

if barb leaves game, the bo dissappear and problem fixed!!

Offline Profile