Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:18 am

Post subject: A Question
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:23 pm 

Steel wrote:

PureRage-DoD wrote:
lmao! IIRC duff said to pm him in future cos he dont always check the forums.

Steel wrote:
I did a week ago :(

Does anyone know if overkill's accounts did get deleted?
If they did, then can it be explained, why?
I understand the witch hunt mentality here. It has lead to some rather humorous occasions.
My personal favourite being :
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2762&hilit=+duff
Notable mention :
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=146&p=1405&hilit=+maphack#p1405

part 2
viewtopic.php?t=186

People are always trying to ban people because they are using maphack and thus ruining the game experience for them.
In the quoted portion it does show that the use of maphack is taking away from the enjoyment of others.
That being said, after the aftermath link was posted on these forums, I browsed through the AM forums for the first time in a long while. AM has actually made MH legal.
http://www.mrfixitonline.com/viewtopic. ... ce833ebbd4
The conditions of use on their realm would have prevented overkill's actions from ruining the experience for others. No harm, no foul, right?
Personally I think that the continued war on minimap terrorism is what is ruining the experience for more players. Nonamesleft played for 4+ seasons and was obviously not ruining the experience for anyone up to that point (he was adhering to a certain set of behaviours...rules) and nobody had an issue. That was until he posted a screen and LMT inquired of something curious.
Now I don't know if thats why nonamesleft is no longer playing but I just don't see who was the victim or what the crime was.

@ the quoted portion
I don't know how long overkill has been playing but he has a nice thread here
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4188
I think his contribution the the community has been valuable. Everyone has trade threads but how many high giveaway threads are there?
Blue started a low level one.
There are the cheap threads and those are useful too but he didn't even want some gems!

Any way my point being there should be a serious discussion about the intentions of the maphacker witch hunt that we have been engaging in.

With a set up similar to AM's :
nonamesleft would not have been breaking any rules
overkill would have been asked not to use MH therefore not offending anyone in game. The community would still have a high level gift thread.

I just don't see who the victim is when now the community may be deprived of a high level gift thread?
Like I wanted a fathom for my fnova sorc and a hhg for my rabies druid and maybe some low facets for it.
Who's going to give that to me now?
Why am I the victim here?
The offended person could have simply asked him to stop and then there likely would have been no issue.

We want more people like overkill. Not less.

End the war on minimap terrorism.

edit : ick ugly frame. blame steel.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: A Question
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:59 am 

"MH is for fags"

MH users deserve to be banned, no matter how many items they give away or anything.
and that AM allows MH is the reason why I didnt start playing it, allowing maphack is very nonserios in my opinion...
also: give MH users like the one in the screenshot an IP ban so that they cant argue "i started a buinch of accs"...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:30 am 
Game Server Host

If someone wants to know the way and have the map up all the time, they can play single player. Its not just the map reveal, but it shows monsters locations, if the monster is unique, what mods the monster has. I think you can get some that will scan way off screen and target the enemys you choose from complete safety too.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:49 am 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
I think you can get some that will scan way off screen and target the enemys you choose from complete safety too.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!That sounds funky :lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:54 am 

What all purerage has said is unfortunately true. Also MH can identify minion type enemies as well as champ packs before you can even see them if you have it set to reveal monsters.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:38 am 

Also i Just want to remind that PureRages and Baerk have had to use mh at least once to know all that. Personaly i didnt know that mh have options like that, I thought it just simple reveal the map. And to know it funcionality that far as both of them know it has to be used by them at least once, and this include also searching for it.
Yeah i know it sounds ridiculus, I was just showing what a witch hunting is, and why it is so stupid. I personaly know at least 3-4 players from the top who use mh, just using it safely never pointing where to go to the party etc. I may even have proff they use it but at the same time I will never report them cos they are cool ppl, love to play with them cos it always give me fun, and i always can count on them when i need help. MH-er is not always a fag.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:53 am 

While yes my knowledge of Mousepad MH and how to modify it may be impressive from my time of using it for MXL and AM it still doesn't change the fact I respect this community's rules concerning it. While I may have MH on this laptop I never once activated it for HU. Hell... Even when I used it for AM I actually modified the Mousepad MH I had to never auto-reveal maps.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:02 am 
Game Server Host

Quote:
Also i Just want to remind that PureRages and Baerk have had to use mh at least once to know all that.

I also know that particles accelerated to near the speed of light in the hadron collider experience a form of time travel. Don't mean I've traveled in time. The programs have been around for years, its kinda hard to not know what they can and can't do and there are lots of forums with posts about what features they have. Even if i had used it, it's not allowed here so it shouldn't be used here at all. Maybe you should have reminded yourself about that before making a wild acusation.

Even when I played AM I didn't use MH, however, they use it as a tool for testing/watching what resists enemys have exactly to balance things. It's not allowed here so people should respect the wishes of the modder and not use it or fuck off somewhare else. They don't even have enough respect for the guy who spent 5 years making the mod to do 1 thing he asks and NOT USE MAP HACK. Fuck them IMO, they don't deserve to be let off.

Duff should rewrite the AH to send a report to pvpgn and just autoban anyone who runs the programs and not announce when its turned on. That would be hillarious.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:15 am 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
Quote:
Also i Just want to remind that PureRages and Baerk have had to use mh at least once to know all that.

I also know that particles accelerated to near the speed of light in the hadron collider experience a form of time travel. Don't mean I've traveled in time. The programs have been around for years, its kinda hard to not know what they can and can't do and there are lots of forums with posts about what features they have. Even if i had used it, it's not allowed here so it shouldn't be used here at all. Maybe you should have reminded yourself about that before making a wild acusation.

Even when I played AM I didn't use MH, however, they use it as a tool for testing/watching what resists enemys have exactly to balance things. It's not allowed here so people should respect the wishes of the modder and not use it or fuck off somewhare else. They don't even have enough respect for the guy who spent 5 years making the mod to do 1 thing he asks and NOT USE MAP HACK. Fuck them IMO, they don't deserve to be let off.

Duff should rewrite the AH to send a report to pvpgn and just autoban anyone who runs the programs and not announce when its turned on. That would be hillarious.

PureRage chill out. It wasn not offence in you. I was just showing point that when you look for anything to proof someones guilty u can catch every sign as a proff. Other words i was fooling round. Sorry if my post was too offense i didnt mean that. and quoting part ofpost isnt fair either cos ur cutting whole thought process of mine.
I dont like MH and ppl who use it, but at the same time community of high lvl plaers is so small that if we ban everyone who use MH there will be no one left to play.
Also everyone rage at MH-er's but i meet almoast every day someone who use godmode, and this is a big issue, when soso 10 lvl down from my barb can stand still at diablo at full hp, and i cant do that with 15k hp barb ... Whats wrong with anticheat system?? Why we cant make it work so godmoders will be cut off. They are much bigger issue for me, also almoast half realm know that one of player use godmode for a long time, never taking any dmg even at LOS, and no one report him he never got banned. I'm just saying that community silently allow cheats in here.
My point is that when somehing isnt affecting me, and isnt disabling me from doing what gives me fun i dont mind it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:09 am 
Game Server Host

There were issues with the Anti-Hack. IDK if duff is gonna work on a new one, but I hope he does.

Easy way to fix god mode. remove rejuvs

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:57 am 

Quote:
...but at the same time community of high lvl plaers is so small that if we ban everyone who use MH there will be no one left to play...

Change your circle of friends.

I do kinda understand zikur's post, but the 'high level gift thread' surely would not be up so fast, or have as ready of a supply, if MH were not in use. Though it does not affecting my play, directly, it does indirectly. The no harm no foul mentality conveniently ignores every things that is not in front of the face.

I thoroughly enjoyed pking people that used MH in my onlywalkbaal games in vanilla.

One thing that always makes me laugh is that many there (and more than you might think, here) don't know the general trends of the maps at all, even MH players that have a much easier time of being able to figure out said patterns. So when people say don't offend the ggmh'ers I kinda have to laugh. (That doesn't mean that some aren't good. They just lose some of my appreciation of their godliness).

And I have run into a number here over the years, that are winy lil snots that don't have any respect for the other 7 players in the party. Hence, why I threw one or two under the bus.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:30 am 

Quote:
Well need new item type + new misc, or just misc and use code like rejuv2?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:40 am 

Unfortunately if what I've heard and remembered about the god mode is true I think what purerage meant was remove rejuvs and their item effect entirely from play (if you just simply assign it to a new belt item the god mode could be set to use that instead).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:41 am 

Steel wrote:
Quote:
Well need new item type + new misc, or just misc and use code like rejuv2?

I admit i made some searching how does godmode works, and how to easy block it. Actualy to block it we would have to remove any time of potions that regenereta like 30% of HP instant. Everything that regenerate some % of hp once and can be used over and over again with no time limits can be used with this godmode scripts. I'm not entirely sure would need to check it, but if there would be a way to change item type of juvs to for example scrolls it might works, cos if i'm right scrolls send other packets to server than pots does. It would need testing. I have no skill in editing D2 files, but have tools to check if edit like that works (could implement it in nearest patch if it works??) So tell me if it is able to wear scrolls in the belt and use them like potions :D And if it is can anyone edit it so i could test it??

EDIT:

Baerk wrote:
Unfortunately if what I've heard and remembered about the god mode is true I think what purerage meant was remove rejuvs and their item effect entirely from play (if you just simply assign it to a new belt item the god mode could be set to use that instead).

Baerk not true, godmode blocks certain packages that are sent to server, i think other types of packages are for potions and other for scrolls. So my idea could slove problem, and when someone is so commited to rewrite whole "godmode" just to use it on this mod he is entirely crazy ... anyway it would be one person istead of like 20-30-50 dunno how much godmoders are for now on realm.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:15 pm 
Game Server Host

ok, so GM is dependant on the items Pspell?

Simply make rejuvs use regular potions pskill then.

The stat would be hpregen the calc would be:

stat('maxhp'.accr)/10

the pots duration would then dictate how much health is replenished. 1 frame would mean 10% of hp regained in 1 frame. set regular juvs to 3 frame duration and big juvs to 6 frame duration.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:18 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
ok, so GM is dependant on the items Pspell?

Simply make rejuvs use regular potions pskill then.

The stat would be hpregen the calc would be:

stat('maxhp'.accr)/10

the pots duration would then dictate how much health is replenished. 1 frame would mean 10% of hp regained in 1 frame. set regular juvs to 3 frame duration and big juvs to 6 frame duration.

hmm u missunderstood me. Godmode allow using normal hp potions. It is based on item type not on pskill. Basicly u can use any potion in godmode and it will work. It has to be something that works same as juvs but is not a potion at all.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:25 pm 
Game Server Host

oh wow, thats pretty annoying to prevent without removing all potions.

Someone should Hijack it and check how it is coded exactly to make blocking it easier.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:28 pm 

I can easily find a link to a Godmode that's compatible to 1.10 just let me know.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:33 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
oh wow, thats pretty annoying to prevent without removing all potions.

Someone should Hijack it and check how it is coded exactly to make blocking it easier.

LockDown wrote:
I can easily find a link to a Godmode that's compatible to 1.10 just let me know.

I'v got it decoced and i already analized how it works exacly. Easy explain is that when you use potion you send certain packet (starting with 12 if i remember right) to the server, and by this server knows that u used potion and remove it from ur inventory, godmode simply blocks sending of this packet, so client side u see used potion, server side nothing is happening. I know it have something to deal with pick up potion also, but it doesnt metter.
Basicly godmode can be used with normal red potion but it will not work cos they heal just too slow, and this packet that godmode is blocking is only for potion type items, when you use scroll the first number of packet is other, so godmode will not work with it.
Is that enough information and explanation??

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:36 pm 

I've read like 4years ago on PK that to prevent gmode you just need to change rejuvs to a new code. just dunno if need a new itemtype or changed code in misc.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:40 pm 

Steel wrote:
I've read like 4years ago on PK that to prevent gmode you just need to change rejuvs to a new code. just dunno if need a new itemtype or changed code in misc.

Steel yep it is true, there are 2 types of godmode. Old and new one. Old one worked only with juvs, new one works with every single potion.

My last post can misslead a bit. It actualy blocks packet 25, so it has something to do with bug of trading items betwenn belt and inventory.
If anyone can edit D2 files so there would be 2 type of juvs, one with changed misc code and other with changed item type i could do some test if it changes anything.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:49 pm 

never mind the god mode - somebody just posted a screen of their hero and has numbers above the life bulb....BURN THEM!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:22 pm 

Zikur wrote:
never mind the god mode - somebody just posted a screen of their hero and has numbers above the life bulb....BURN THEM!

Tell them to un-load maphack or not use it when taking a screenshot for people to see. Obviously advertising that you use it wasn't isn't the smartest decision.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:56 pm 

of course it's not a good idea to advertise it I'm just taking the mentality to an extreme.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:44 pm 

Am I the only one that finds it sad this is even a discussion? At one point MH use was near unheard of and other hacks even more so. Now they're all over the place? What the fuck happened to this community?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:40 pm 

lack of AH.
mh use is under reported overall i'd say.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:52 am 

Zikur wrote:
lack of AH.
mh use is under reported overall i'd say.

No, you're not understanding what I'm saying. I'm saying that before you didn't have to follow the community around as if they were in suicide watch to stop them from cheating. There was no need for anti hack because people just didn't do it. Then people started doing it, so the whole anti hack thing started. And then it got removed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:36 am 

I don't know what it is but people just want to ruin shit for themselves somehow.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:56 am 

ruin things for me too! I want fathom hhg and low facets ! who will give them to me now?!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:04 am 

IDK. I suggest Softcore really takes a look at itself the way people do things on it though. Most of the higher level players have taken to private gaming because of the massive asking and sense of entitlement a lot of players have in regards to items. Running Leo isn't difficult and neither is clearing Durance of Hate (Facets from Leo Durance for the HHG) eventually I'm sure a Fathom will pop up I find em all the time just running Ice Dragon (on the way to him from Crystal River named mobs).What he's doing is a nice service. I checked his account it isn't closed so my thought it that he is just AFK for an extended period of time.

Anyways whisper me when you have a chance to log on and I'll throw you a Fathom and check about my facet situation I know I have a bunch of colds sitting on a mule.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:23 am 

still havent even found 1 hhg in durance :cry:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:08 am 

I've found 4-5 there and maybe 2 in Ancients Way.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:21 pm 

if he's giving them awry why can't I ask for them? it's not like I'm begging for something. I'm also not one of the people that ask for rushes, I can do things for myself, but if somebody is rushing why shouldn't I take part for my own benefit. I afk'd through you doing diablo and baal in norm not because it was too hard but I had just done act 1-3 and that wa it for my d2 paying that night.
I'm rambling.
long story short if somebody makes a thread freely giving out items there is nothing wrong with asking for some of those things. not like it's unsolicited.
also I have run leo. about 30 times in total. I have about 5 facets only one of them being decent (5/6) leo takes me about 5 mins for me from joining (thorns and summons to kill) there is nothing hard about doing leo for me but why invest another 150 minutes into something so tedious if somebody will give me a 4/4 for free ?

Last edited by Zikur on Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:23 pm 

It's the asking in game not on the forums IDC if you ask through his service. You may not understand because you aren't on all the time. SC has gotten really horrid.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:28 pm 

that's understandable. I have had my run ins earlier in the ladder. they think that just because you are a higher level than them it is your duty to level then up because leveling in norm is too difficult.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:29 pm 

Pretty much how it is.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:20 pm 

Zikur wrote:
that's understandable. I have had my run ins earlier in the ladder. they think that just because you are a higher level than them it is your duty to level then up because leveling in norm is too difficult.

Then come to HC

Offline Profile