reset or just patch
Poll ended at Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:19 pm
Keep your shit and just play on with a wierd economy 53%  53%  [ 19 ]
Loose your shit but get to start all over as equals. 47%  47%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 36
 Post subject: reset or patch
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:19 pm 

what i said

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: reset or patch
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:20 pm 

Economy on HC is a myth.
Imo no reset. Well always was 12months. but I don't care tbh... Maybe reset after a month of this patch, to test things out, how a new boss performs, new skill changes. Too much of this.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:16 pm 

I'd rather not reset test a patch. It turns out bad don't catch things for awhile and things can't be tweaked accordingly. Maybe after 1-2 months we can then reset.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:28 pm 

I dont really mind a reset since it would be really fun to be apart of the begining of a season, when no one can rush and shit. Get a real good party going and stuff.
Though I guess keeping my chars that has taken me quite a while to lvl up would be kinda nice

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:54 pm 

Let's face it... if we reset upon testing the patch... There's absolutely no way we could get any sort of testing done on the new boss immediately since he's supposed to be a hell only uber boss. Also there would be no way to test out the high items immediately as well. When I was talking to Pious earlier even he was of the mind we should let the new patch test run a week on the server before resetting to make sure there were no big problems.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:02 pm 

I don't think we should play without a reset for 4 months

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:26 pm 

i want for the patch to be uploaded for a month or so before there is a reset. that way adequate testing can be done and changes can be made without players losing their current characters.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:10 pm 

hey guys... if theres gonna be a reset strait after the new patch, i think a fair few people will be like: you know what fuck it. there just gonna delete my char anyway i aint making another. so i dont recommend a patch just yet because youll probly lose some players and they wont be back for a while (not referring to myself just a opinion that makes sense i think)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:14 pm 

if you never plan to make another character perhaps you should play the sp version where you can keep your character forever and ever.
I think a month or two months even would be ideal to be able to test everything out. gives time to make adjustments if needed too. much better than playing out all 12 months of the ladder that will forever be psn unleashed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:58 pm 

A test run is a much better way to find out if the changes brought the community into more agreement about the proper, and possibly final, state of this (insert many superlatives) mod.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:09 am 

Maybe not a reset straight away, so the patch can be tested of course!

But i dont think it should be long before we think about a reset after testing. Maybe as pious said to waiting a short time (i think a week of testing is fine personally at this stage)

Soon as the patch is tested and good, a reset would be nice, get the hunger going again.

I feel now, like when you have a large number of finished chars, all you're doing is rushing them through to hell with minimal real games going on in normal

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:00 pm 

Voted number 1. If the consensus is to try out the patch for a month or 2 (let's assume it drops by August), then we're actually almost at the annual reset time anyways. I wouldn't be bothered if we reset now, but I think it'd be smart to test it out first.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:40 pm 

things worth testing are melee vs bosses(vs trash it's hard to help them due to nature of these). Hammerdins vs anything, zealers vs world, new mental sins, maybe venom psn. While these are ok we can get a list of wishes for next update (??) before a reset which should be soon.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:00 pm 

Dont reset! keep the patch!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:55 pm 

The only thing to be concerned about is the askewed values concerning the old items that will still linger.

If we are worried about the melee vs bosses then we need to make sure they are wearing only the newly modified gear (or gear that was never changed) otherwise these values can be a false positive/negative

Im for a week for sure possibly more if needed to test. Thing people are getting comfortable with is set dates. If the patch needs only a week and we give it a month whats the point? And vice versa, if it needs a month and we only give it a week then we have problems. Leave it up to a timeframe, like a week to 4 then a reset will come.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:25 pm 

JnDmX wrote:
The only thing to be concerned about is the askewed values concerning the old items that will still linger.

If we are worried about the melee vs bosses then we need to make sure they are wearing only the newly modified gear (or gear that was never changed) otherwise these values can be a false positive/negative

Im for a week for sure possibly more if needed to test. Thing people are getting comfortable with is set dates. If the patch needs only a week and we give it a month whats the point? And vice versa, if it needs a month and we only give it a week then we have problems. Leave it up to a timeframe, like a week to 4 then a reset will come.

This. Most reasonable post about reset.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:14 pm 

that solves that

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein

Offline Profile