Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:35 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: @ Blue : Get out of the way.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:17 pm 

http://youtu.be/dN1_WFGsd-Q
blue_myriddn wrote:
Pious wrote:
1. Why did you mislead the community into believing you had gone? Most of the community, including myself, were convinced you took off because of forum flaming. There was no misinterpretation of what you stated.

I didn't mislead about anything. I took off because of forum flaming. Probably should have just stayed away too, this nonsense is annoying.

Pious wrote:
2. Why, in spite of vehement opposition of the community, do you persist in the oak sage and paladin changes? It is quite clear that these changes are not addressing the issues at hand, and will most likely create more problems than they will attempt to solve.

I believe they are addressing the issues at hand and have yet to hear any solid reason why they aren't other than people simply don't like it.

Pious wrote:
3. What exactly is your course of action with the patch release? When I PM'd Duff and Mancer I listed very clearly a possible course of action for a patch, timeline, and testing. A link to the patch was even provided for everyone to access. All you've done so far is claim a patch is nearly done amid great protest.

It is in progress. It keeps getting delayed when I find myself asking "why the hell am I doing this for a bunch of annoying, lazy people?"

Pious wrote:
4. What exactly do you plan to do in regards to your patch and the Kevin/Pious patch? I am just a tad bit angry with your inconsistency as it seems to have resulted in Kevin wasting a great deal of time based on your statements. The last thing I wish to see is people work on this alternate patch only for you to turn around and say no.

I PM'd Kevin earlier not to waste time on putting out a patch as I was still working on one. Any other action is out of my hand. If you are asking me to feel sympathy over a few days worth of lost effort, clearly you have no concept of the weeks and weeks that are involved in actually building a patch.

Pious wrote:
5. Do you have the ability and time to make this patch happen? The community has been waiting months for what was supposed to be a quick patch and what we have now is the result.

I was ready to roll with a patch back in June 26 when I made this post: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4162 Then I got dragged in to a forum shitstorm and it got delayed. I have a job and can't drop everything to meet time tables. When I have time, I work on a patch - when I don't, I don't. There was a window at the end of June that closed and hasn't opened until recently. Looks like the July window is going to close too as I am tied up with work for probably another 2 weeks.

Pious wrote:
None of us want to take over your position Blue. In fact I'm quite certain the response from most players would be in your favor if you were willing to compromise on the above listed issues and address character balance problems directly. The purpose of this post is to seek clarity for the sake of Kevin, myself, and the community.

I asked tons of people to take over my position months ago. No one stood up. I am baffled how I could be any more clear than I have been. Re-read any of my posts if you want information.

You do a lot of whining about being in the position you are in. Do us all, and yourself, a favour and stick to leaving us alone.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: @ Blue : Get out of the way.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:01 pm 

ok

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]