Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:13 pm

Should patch changes be voted on by community or in the hands of 1 or 2 guys?
community 27%  27%  [ 7 ]
1 or 2 guys 73%  73%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 26
 Post subject: Community patch changes or the mod in the hands of 1 or 2?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:29 pm 

With what we have gone through and the current state of things I would like to see the community's opinion on this.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Community patch changes or the mod in the hands of 1 or
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:08 pm 

People are correct when they say you cant vote on every single thing. nothing would get done. That being said pious/kev have compiled a patch that is more than acceptable to the entire community because it is influenced by, but not controlled by, what the community wants.
I see no reason why there cant be a small number of people in charge of implementing changes. The reason that person can't be blue are numerous.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:36 pm 

Zikur wrote:
People are correct when they say you cant vote on every single thing. nothing would get done.

When has this been done? When have community votes have determined patch changes? How can you say it doesnt work if its never been done. I see voting that has gone on in the forum and that is amazing. I am just saying I think that should be done more.

Zikur wrote:
That being said pious/kev have compiled a patch that is more than acceptable to the entire community because it is influenced by, but not controlled by, what the community wants.

I agree with you so why not let the community feel like they took an active part in the process and have us vote on the changes? First off if for some crazy reason it is fucked, then the community cant turn on anyone because they voted! So we avoid this whole process starting over.

Zikur wrote:
I see no reason why there cant be a small number of people in charge of implementing changes.

That is good but you are one person, again I am just saying I think the trend of voting on general patch changes aren't a bad one. If anything it gives feedback from the community that can help provide perspective for those making the changes. Its wierd to me how people are scared to vote on this topic lol. I think Kev and Pious are seasoned HU players and I have confidence in them. I am just saying allowing the community to vote and have a voice will only be a positive thing.
Zikur wrote:
The reason that person can't be blue are numerous.

I agree he isnt the right guy for the job.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:28 pm 
Site Admin

An individual or small group of people who know what thir doing would need to be willing to do the work and compile the patch and changes would need to be supported by the majority of the community by a reasonable margin.

Changes, improvements or revisions would need to use the most current patch available.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:58 pm 

and this group needs the support of the gateway host..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:00 am 

Pious/Kevin have the only patch out atm that would be a good proposal and seems pretty balanced. Unless someone else reputable has a patch there is not many other options.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:00 am 

Btw I don't know how you do it Zikur but you made Blue disappear somehow. Your like a legend forever on HU now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:05 am 

Lee wrote:
Btw I don't know how you do it Zikur but you made Blue disappear somehow. Your like a legend forever on HU now.

That kinda seems immature imo Lee.. Blue loved hell unleashed and because of what you and a few others have said, have all but ruined that. Whether or not I agreed with his changes or not, he was still a strong part of this community. He's the reason theres a site after Critter bailed on his.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:08 am 

JnDmX wrote:
Lee wrote:

That kinda seems immature imo Lee.. Blue loved hell unleashed and because of what you and a few others have said, have all but ruined that. Whether or not I agreed with his changes or not, he was still a strong part of this community. He's the reason theres a site after Critter bailed on his.

I agree. Don't get me wrong.. I never thought Blue wasn't a strong part of this community. Yeah he created critter etc. but his attitude and behavior is not suitable for a community gaming environment. It's as simple as that.

Somebody that stubborn.. how can you expect to be a modder of a game in a close knit community? It just wasn't meant to last that long. He did great things. Critter was awesome. I have respect for him and even more respect that he stepped down.

It's time to move on now though.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:28 am 

Voted for 1 or 2 people. More shit will get done that way, and it will be beneficial so long as they're 'stand-up' members of the community (and I believe all the people who have stepped up are).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:28 am 
Site Admin

Yes, support of Duff...Also the modders need to know what they're doing and how to modify things properly.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:01 am 

I voted 1-2 modders... Reason is I support Lee Pious and kev..Kev and Pious have worked hard on there patch ...

And in the sence that Blue stepped down we should vote for new modders..And new forum modders aswell to clean up the present stait that the forum is in.. 8-)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:19 am 

i dont feel like anything would get done fast if it were up to the community. - look at the us government right now, takes forever even to get the simplest shit done.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:12 pm 

stealing huge amounts of money from the people?
they seem to be cruising right along at that.

on topic
kev has more than proven himself as a competent modder and has made a good start for us as he can't always be around cause of his own work.
Baerk is also competent and willing to make changes from what I understand.

Has anyone contacted duff? is he aware of blue's resignation?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:43 pm 

I believe he was contacted previously Zikur. I guess he can be re-contacted once the patch kevin and others are working on is complete.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:56 pm 

Ya but but Kev has his own things going on atm.. So Lee who's your pick lol jking... Nice to see Baerk is willing to do this ..:)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:24 am 

id say rage but he has his own thing

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:04 pm 

1-2 as long as neither of them is lee :-)

only reason is I fear having 100 tyrants one mile away far more then 1 tyrant 1000 miles away

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein

Offline Profile