Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:39 am

Post subject: Some Feedback
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:26 pm 

I like this mod alot, but some things ruin it.

1. A5 stomping and screen shaking spam needs to stop. When I played HU before it was annoying as shit. It still is by far the worst thing about this mod. Everyone I know agrees with this.

2. Game is by far easier than before. Playing a psn zon I can solo pretty much anything not poison immune. DPS is almost double of that of a psn dagger build and I would one shot almost all Hell mobs coming out of nightmare... There is no point to HU if its easier than vanilla D2. Learn to balance your game when making changes, run dps charts. Its not hard.

3. Rushing is still a problem. I don't know what can be done about it. But, the game is alot more fun and less taken for granted when finding and running with a group to accomplish a goal. My suggestions are, experience difference is changed to 5 lvl difference, 1-5% get 100%, 6-9 give 75-5% of the killing unit. 10 lvls or higher give no experience to killing blows. As a result of EXP being harder to get from rushing, having quests require certain lvls to do, like the ancients require lvl 40 would stop rushing in its tracks.

4. Damage over time abilities are still strong, but also come with the perk of not dealing with counterattacks. Counterattacks, which are an interesting mechanic early game. Are easily realizable that it basically removes any point of melee or fast attacking abilities. So, we have psn builds that not only do more damage but, also have a super easy time on bosses. Projectile based counterattacks being redirected to melee because range is standing behind them is apart of the problem. Unavoidable aoe is another.

5. Negative res should be harder to get and less frequent. Its beyond strong for a single stat alone, and physical DPS classes get nothing to balance this. Elemental builds are majority of builds out there because of this.

6. Adding +1 jewel to gamble similar to how rings/amulets always would be great. Not saying I would shop bot, but it is far to tedious to not add this.

7. Magic res should be renamed to something else. In D2 vanilla, afaik it was only on the safety craft. It is confusing to have something say magic. Can it be renamed to something like arcane.

8. I would be willing to create new dds files for cow parts for nightmare and Hell. So players can distinguish between them. Its ridicules not to beable to distinguish.

9. Ever think about adding features like, ability to see item ilvls, boss ilvls, to see players inventory, or other game improving features. Given the nature of HU, it can be frustrating when wasting skill points or not realizing you need enough strength and having to start over for an item.

Game is great but these things are peeving me.

Last edited by mud on Tue May 17, 2011 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Some Feedback
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:59 pm 

mud wrote:
2. Game is by far easier than before. Playing a psn zon I can solo pretty much anything not poison immune.

Play something other than an overpowered build. We are all very aware of the problem with psn zons.

mud wrote:
3. Negative res should be harder to get and less frequent.

Reference these posts:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3387
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3431

mud wrote:
6. Adding +1 jewel to gamble similar to how rings/amulets always would be great. Not saying I would shop bot, but it is far to tedious to not add this

mud wrote:
8. I would be willing to create new dds files for cow parts for nightmare and Hell. So players can distinguish between them. Its ridicules not to beable to distinguish.

Both have been tried in the past and cannot be done.

mud wrote:
I suggest that there is a boss added to hell cows that drops a retalent item.

I would never recommend this change.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:13 pm 

Quote:
1. A5 stomping and screen shaking spam needs to stop. When I played HU before it was annoying as shit. It still is by far the worst thing about this mod. Everyone I know agrees with this.
http://forum.arimyth.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2565 it removes all shakes and other laggy animations as well.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:18 pm 

1. Shouldn't have to run a clientside to remove something useless from the game.

2. Shouldn't have to purposefully run weaker builds to find a challenge.

3. First time through is fun, second-third time few is merely tedious. Seeing as you can't rush the first time through regardless, nothing really needs to be done. Ancients does have a level minimum on it, though they're not updated for actual hon levels, you don't even need ancients to get baal quest.

4. Counters are simply put, a sloppy way of doing boss fights. In a game that's supposed to be completely based around boss fights, there is very little entertainment value other than what normal d2 possessed(oo, drops!). Very few fights are difficult or entertaining, and the ones that are difficult are only so because of auto-aimed 1 hit skills(los volcano, foh, GA, etc). Bosses should be scripted and the actual abilities should have to be avoided, similar to not standing in aoe in wow boss fights. Either way, this'll never get done, and essentially it'll bottleneck a lot of builds to being pointless trash clearing builds.

5. Nerf it into the ground like crushing blow was, then see if people can do the game.

6. I've seen it done in other mods, just like I've seen infinite arrows/throwing durability.

7. It's confusing to people who are clueless, either way it's not on most items and therefor doesn't make sense to remake.

8. Would be awesome if it could be done.

9. Yeah, ilvl is relevant to a lot of things in game and therefor should be displayed, iirc if ilvl of item is displayed it'll show mlvl which would cover the second part. Seeing someone elses equipment would be cool, though not nearly as relevant or useful as ilvls.

In fact, wouldn't the ilvls solve the problem of cow parts? Hell ones would have higher ilvls?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:15 pm 

1 get pure rage client side edits its awesome removes shake btw

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:17 pm 

Angel said alot that was needed to be said. Also not going to use hacks to edit the game, IDC if its client side or not a hack is a hack. At what point will client side edits become a problem? I could create a script to see certain items on the map, client side only. But, I could appeal it as just a UI upgrade. A hack is a hack.

Quote:
mud wrote:

Nothing Cannot be done.

Quote:
mud wrote:
I suggest that there is a boss added to hell cows that drops a retalent item.

I would never recommend this change.

I did edit after I created the post, but there should be a way to do this. Alot of people will not reroll for 1 talent they miss clicked. Thats people you're probably losing to the system.

Some more feedback.

1. Slow is the most retarded lackluster mechanic in the game. It ruins melee classes, while ranged classes do not have the deal with it. There is already a slow mechanic in the game. Its called frozen. Stack frozen on slows which last WAY to long on melee already and you have melee that are required to get anti cold items while ranged are not. Meanwhile having the deal with lowered damage constantly even though they do less damage over time than ranged classes. Remove slow from the game, or make it extremely short slow .15-1second that effects MS only.

2. Summon spam on bosses. Spirit Blades lvl 1 remove any reason for a tank or melee classes to participate in boss fights. Decoy is similar but not as powerful in some cases. Decoy has an extremely low cooldown, valk does not. Some bosses can sit on a decoy for a good minute while allowing the zon to free range on the boss killing it. Combine valk and decoy and you have the highest DPS, rarely counter attacks aimed their way, and just as good as a tank.

PSN necros back when I played before where just as bad. Clay Golem + Decrep + Spirit Blade spam that necro can slow the bosses. Clay golem and Decrep isn't bad or imbalanced, but spirit blade spam in between is.

Its not a question if summons are to powerful against bosses, Summons are a part of the game, and should not not play a part in parts of the game like bosses. Instead, cooldowns need to be dramatically increased, so they cannot lock a boss. PSN Dagger physical melee nerf should be reverted if you're removing -res also.

It should require teamwork to accomplish summon spam based on players in the game. In the end it should result in some form of tripping up the bosses, while kiting and running required. Summons should work as a makeshift snare.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:34 pm 

mud wrote:
I could create a script to see certain items on the map, client side only.

You'd be banned for it. I swear I put a sticky up ages ago posting about what sort of edits were legal on this realm and which weren't. Dunno what happened to it. In short though - PureRage's edits are a realm supported adjustment.
Bottom line is that Soulmancer likes many of these effects, so they have stayed in the game. Some of us (myself included) don't - so the creation of client side edits have been introduced to make it a win/win for everyone.

mud wrote:
Nothing Cannot be done.

Cool - go ahead and do it and come back when you have it done.

mud wrote:
Remove slow from the game, or make it extremely short slow
cooldowns need to be dramatically increased

I would never recommend these changes. Both of these elements create a diverse and dynamic experience for builds and characters throughout the game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:26 pm 

blue_myriddn wrote:
mud wrote:
I could create a script to see certain items on the map, client side only.

You'd be banned for it. I swear I put a sticky up ages ago posting about what sort of edits were legal on this realm and which weren't. Dunno what happened to it. In short though - PureRage's edits are a realm supported adjustment.
Bottom line is that Soulmancer likes many of these effects, so they have stayed in the game. Some of us (myself included) don't - so the creation of client side edits have been introduced to make it a win/win for everyone.

I wouldn't be banned. Because, you wouldn't know. Theres no way to detect a client script or client side edits.

If soulmancer wants screen shaking spam so much let him create a client side edit. AKA a hack for his game. Why make everyone suffer. It is that bad. It causes me to have headaches after playing 10-20 minutes with screen spam. What next a seizure?

Quote:
mud wrote:
Remove slow from the game, or make it extremely short slow
cooldowns need to be dramatically increased

I would never recommend these changes. Both of these elements create a diverse and dynamic experience for builds and characters throughout the game.

What experience lol? Your retorts are as intelligent as a 3rd grade school girl. You better back up your claims before spewing unintelligent bullcrap or don't respond at all.

Slow does the following
-limiting gameplay even more to a ranged caster dot/summon oriented game.
-redundancy with frozen, giving undead freeze target would achieve the same results without only punishing melee.
-Melee will die more because of unavoidable projectiles due to slow
-Animation locking is not a fun mechanic, looking @ the amazon passive tree it seems you agree with how pierce chosen as a talent, dodge and avoidance. Don't try to say otherwise.
-Punishes melee players to harshly, while ranged does not even have to worry about this ability.

If slow stays there should be a way for melee to counter it completely just like how freeze target does.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:22 pm 

Done being courteous to you. You asked questions and I tried to provide answers. If you want to just add insults, I will simply put you on the ignore list and make you disappear.

I know that people come in to the community and come up with all sorts of ways that they want the mod changed, but it quite simply doesn't work that way. Sometimes you just have to accept things the way they are.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:58 pm 

Until someone stops using 'talents' to describe skills, I have nothing to say. :shock:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:16 am 

Quote:
If soulmancer wants screen shaking spam so much let him create a client side edit. AKA a hack for his game. Why make everyone suffer. It is that bad. It causes me to have headaches after playing 10-20 minutes with screen spam. What next a seizure?
It's his mod. If he wants fallens to spam shakes he will do it. That's why we must do client side changes, not him.

Offline Profile