Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:34 pm

Post subject: epic fail of a success for 1st time nil runners
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:23 am 

myself and slappynuts ran nil (both or first times in hell ever) and not only did the hoe heal twice but he drops ist vex after 2 hours from starting at the tp to killing him... not even good uniques :( that was painful....

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: epic fail of a success for 1st time nil runners
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:40 am 
Game Server Host

lmao, thats harsh man. you know the routes through the halls levels right?

wp top left = next lvl top middle (slightly to the right)
wp right of entrance = next lvl, bottom middle (slightly to the right)
wp around the bottom = next lvl, bottom left corner.

the stairs can only be in 1 of those 3 places. makes the runs faster if you can tell what way you need to go.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:54 am 

i thought there was a trick to this. ill probably run this bitch in norm a few times with my din just to get the mapas down. was also pissed to relearn that nil is unhorkable. and he didnt drop me a key of destruction... unless he isnt the one to do that ........... bah rough night!

but on the plus side NO deaths NO close calls and a con ring and ber rune found along the way.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:10 am 

I've ran Nihl way before you guys. He is not worth the risk on HC. I've almost died several times. RIP doesn't stop his CE. He can cast CE before you can get rid of the corpse and that rapes like 1/3rd your life. I stopped running him due to the fact that drops aren't that great and risk of death is high. Prob one of the most annoying bosses, and his tele is a pain in the ass.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:38 am 
Game Server Host

I always found him pretty good to run if you have 2 people. can find him in 3-4 mins. It's just annoying when he tele's all over the place as lee says. His cast animation is sooooo long if you hit him with a horazons on switch though, you have plenty of time to avoid the corpses before he hits his cast trigger frame. If you can keep a recastable on him, it's alot easier. A2 merc with ice javs + medusas is also a gg mix for him as the extra slow makes him a total joke

I used to run him on my old healer. Probs one of the best classes for him besides a poison build, especially if it's an aura focused healer. Stupidly high redemp keeps you outa range of CE and gets rid of all bodys instantly, then just let the merc rape him while you run around picking up the gear you want. Occasionally casting FoH/Hammers to make it feel like you are doing something productive.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:59 am 

just make a psn java... makes a joke out of him. put rip on and cast decoy. might use 1-2 juvs total. then again psn java makes a joke out of everything.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:00 am 

Imperial wrote:
ill probably run this bitch in norm a few times with my din just to get the mapas down.

This is always a good decision. Not only does it help with the maps, but you can take the time to study his casting patterns, spells and AI. Once you are able to understand exactly what Nihla (and the other monsters around him) are doing, it becomes significantly easier.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:06 am 

I remember you can find the correct direction to Nih from the positioning of the wall paintings near the entrance, forgot the specifics though ~_~

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:40 am 

Lee wrote:
I've ran Nihl way before you guys. He is not worth the risk on HC. I've almost died several times. RIP doesn't stop his CE. He can cast CE before you can get rid of the corpse and that rapes like 1/3rd your life. I stopped running him due to the fact that drops aren't that great and risk of death is high. Prob one of the most annoying bosses, and his tele is a pain in the ass.

Lee you comunist, i never said it was the first time on hc. DUH probably everyone in a5 hell has probably ran him. this was both our first time.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:46 am 

well i was on a psn druid with awkwardly low psn dmg(compared to the other high psn druids this lad) and i never took big hits including amped CE. running redempt on swap aswell. the only real problem was clearing the damn psn imune defiler things. those pissed me off lol. maybe next time ill run healer when i clear to him, i dont know. i think his counters would be to annoying to use my din. another way the ass would of been easier is if slappy had something besides a salad tosser throw baba haha ;)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:56 am 

He was physical immune too, so I was basically just throwing at him every now and then to keep him from healing (and keeping bo up)... I suppose we should clear the other areas first just in case he teles there since he healed fully once that way (and almost again)... I found the paths are pretty easy to get there, but having them memorized would definitely make for a shorter run.

I like Purerage's slow a2 merc idea, if he could live (I know yours was with your healer?). Throw some lite sorb on him and the TS should be nullified, then just need to stop the CE and it would be an easy fight. I was running around trying to hork everything lol. By the way, his LR seemed to be pretty high, or maybe my res just suck?

And is Nil's AI seriously programmed to tele to other areas when he's getting around 1/3 dead? I didn't think his AI would be that complex and that he would just randomly tele around, but it really seemed like he was trying to be a dick and tele-ing into a new area full of monsters. Also it was weird... all of the poison immune things crowded around him wherever he went and that was annoying as fuck- there's no way this was by chance?

Thank goodness for the conc ring and ber dropping, otherwise this would have been a laughable waste of time (besides the lessons learned) lol

All in all I think if we could get a safe and efficient set up for clearing to him and killing him that it could be a very lucrative activity

EDIT:
Imperial wrote:
another way the ass would of been easier is if slappy had something besides a salad tosser throw baba haha ;)

working on it! actually would have even been better for me to bring my wc barb instead... but hey my thrower was my first ever HU char (besides the sc one i HAD to make) so I'm proud of him regardless of how useless he is lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:04 pm 

hahaha. Well the next time we run him i'll have atleast 40k more rabies. (dont tell kev im going to jack his stuff to make this happen ;) ) should make it alot easier when actually killing him.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:05 pm 

slappyNuts wrote:
I like Purerage's slow a2 merc idea, if he could live (I know yours was with your healer?).

I just regeared my meteor merc's conversion merc with a cheaper slow setup than PureRage - Wraithflight & Medusa. Wraith has 20% slow and the rather handy ctc Slow Missle which is kinda nice for all the ranged attackers down in Nihla land. Very simple to tele away from things when they are all moving slow as mud.

His other gear is:
- CoA
- Steel Carapace
- Dracs
- Rare +life/resist belt
- Rare tri-res boots
- rare +res/life or something rings
- mara

He stays alive pretty well as long as I don't let him get too far off my tele-leash. The converted monsters help quite a bit too - leaves my meteor sorc pretty alone to drop meteors on nihla's head.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:38 pm 
Game Server Host

no my slowing a2 merc was on my meteor sorc, super handy for solo leveling in ancients way and citadel. pallys merc was a3 light

CTC decrep on something will do wonders too if you don't want lr or another curse.

@Imp, switch to bear form when clearing down to him and spam 1 point shockwave and let the merc kill. safe and steady ftw

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:44 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
no my slowing a2 merc was on my meteor sorc, super handy for solo leveling in ancients way and citadel. pallys merc was a3 light

CTC decrep on something will do wonders too if you don't want lr or another curse.

@Imp, switch to bear form when clearing down to him and spam 1 point shockwave and let the merc kill. safe and steady ftw

clearing to him wasnt a prob. 2 bone mercs and i just spamed wolfs non stop. swave seemed un needed

Offline Profile