Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:46 am

Do we want bnet cheats recruited to the community?
yes 20%  20%  [ 6 ]
no 80%  80%  [ 24 ]
Total votes : 30
 Post subject: Recruiting hackers is better than recruiting nobody?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:34 pm 
Game Server Host

Just wondering what everyones stance on this would be.

Would bringing a large influx of bnet hackers to the comunity be better than having a few less people playing?

Discuss.

My vote is no, I'd rather not be playing with bnets freshly banned cheats. We can do without them

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Recruiting hackers is better than recruiting nobody?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:56 pm 

Too much of an open question, there's a difference between Bots MH Auto-chicken, Modified items etc. you should specify a bit.

Imo it's all about tedious against easier. If it gives you an advantage during a direct boss fight, NO. HU is about boss fight. If it make it easier to farm, I say why not.

MH : Only for former acts. (I still support auto-map for previous acts which would > MH that can be misused.) [I perfectly know that most people will use it to skip major parts of the game in a breeze which is not ok] I'll say yes but with restrictions.

Bots: Ambiguous question, items should be easily available so in theory bots should be useless and unable to micro bosses. Imo we should have a hard time beating bosses WITH the best gear available. Botting is pushing it a bit too far for me. so I'll say No because following bots could my the ultimate rushing bitch.

Auto-Chicken: Would ruin HC, I'll say No.

Colored items: Why not, people ninja items colored or not now and the ideal situation would be like a few seasons back, where nobody would touch the drops unless they REALLY needed the items, which was no big deal because everybody would give it for free to them. Coloring items would be nice to identify items such as Sorc Orbs, Eth armors/weapons etc. that are most of the time missed.

Anyway of editing Item: NO! That's direct advantage on boss fight, no need to ciscuss, just No.

So importing B.Net hackers for you guys depends on the player itself. To me a good mannered player that will truly play Hu will always be better than a non-hacking rusher who begs for help at every obstacle.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:11 pm 
Game Server Host

Im refering to the recent bnet mass banning, Someone invited them all to play here and I don't think that was wise personaly. I find most people fresh from bnet have a very light view of begging to be rushed etc. skiping boss quests and running any hack they can get to work. This is after all why they were banned from bnet. I know some people who play the mod will use hacks on bnet but not here. can someone who uses hacks all the time and still has the bnet mentality cut it here and not be a nuisance?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:25 pm 

Recruit and ban as needed....obviously

EDIT: Just don't be an idiot and recruit on notorious sites for hacking

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:04 pm 
Game Server Host

its not me thats recruiting them :?

seems like the recruit then ban as needed is abit of a waste of time. Also, having the realm turned into a hive for rush beggars etc. would be a real nightmare

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:40 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:

seems like the recruit then ban as needed is abit of a waste of time. Also, having the realm turned into a hive for rush beggars etc. would be a real nightmare

Who cares about rush beggars? Just ignore them.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:01 pm 
Game Server Host

still reduces the number of actual playing groups and ruins the fun for other players who cant find new teams coz everyone is being rushed

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:46 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
still reduces the number of actual playing groups and ruins the fun for other players who cant find new teams coz everyone is being rushed

Apparently there is an infinite supply of people and if you choose not to rush through with any given group the problem will just fix itself cause people can control themselves right? Thats why people NEED a reset to start over untwinked, oh wait.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:01 am 

Well it's rather slow on the HC side already, more players couldn't hurt. Not to mention if they've already been directed here I suppose it doesn't matter now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:37 am 

There's plenty of people who have cheated/cheat on Bnet that don't cheat on here. In fact, I can guarantee you that most people you play with on here have used a cheat on bnet at some point. Personally I'd prefer having more people to play with, keeps the realm more alive and active, just so long as people aren't going around telling others how to cheat.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:15 am 

Martel you best cheater *(

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:57 am 

hooki wrote:
Martel you best cheater *(

and y are the best noob lol

I`ve never use cheats...and hate everybody who use it. Cheaters must die )))

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:30 pm 

lubitel burzuev , ya obyasnil svoy poziciy na ruskom saite, mozesh popreznemu zevat bublike i govorit da da vse 4estno! eshe pla skazi 4to kartu tut ne otkrit )))

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:36 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:

I am the one who asked them to come here........that being said, keep in mind 99 percent of "hackers" on bnet are retards who can manage to click the "download button" or have figured out that they can recieve email..........i listened in on a group on bnet on vent......it took em two hours to get a basic map hack running.....i couldnt stop laughing.....and most of the ones i invited i know.....they use hacks on bnet out of shear neccesity........not many of you remember but you cant play a non pword game there without gettin pk'd, so the hack they got banned for was chicken. Also one of the most banned things is loader, and I figure i bought the game four times....i should be able to play it four times....

So dont freak out and think these are guys who are gonna do stupid shit if they come........I say give em a chance................Most of them are very honest guys who just got tired of getting tppk'd, and they just wanted to play the game.

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:07 pm 

as long as i cant tell they hacking.. i could really care less...

i probably wouldnt notice it unless theyre using like pickit or something...

id rather be in a game with people who (from my perspective) i couldnt tell were hacking and have good conversation and a full party than sitting in games alone trying to grind through shit by myself all the time... we needs more people imo...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:46 pm 

yea as fanatic said, recruit people and then once you have a large enough playerbase to support getting shit done at any given time, start cracking down.. it sucks having to try and do shit solo because nobody else needs what you need. also most hacks arent that bad... i remember back in the day i used to use maphack solely for seeing ilvl, mlvl, and HP/MP numbers without having to scroll over... i dont think those are very game-breaking. obviously pickit is another story, no good comes from that.

as for bots... youd have to write a completely new one for HU i think... i dont see how a bnet bot would work with it right out of the box. but since you can get better drops from waypoint guardians opposed to bosses you can actually solo, not to mention the amount of time involved in getting to a boss, combined with the fact that you cant teleport through walls, it makes a boss bot a waste of time anyway

what it really boils down to is 2 realities though due to the lack of playerbase:

1) a group of players of the correct level, with someone with mh getting everyone to the boss before someone has to go to work or someone has to get to sleep for school the next day, making it so nobody gets anything done in the end, or they result to 2:

2) a group of players who beg their friend list for high level help, thus defeating the whole point of HU

Offline Profile