Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:21 am

Post subject: what do the mercs do?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:23 pm 

the big selling point for me in any mod is the mercs. be it new skills or new looks or new weapon equips. what do they do for skills. i haven't looked and looked. i looked in the most obvious places. the site and the read me and the stickies. median xl was one of my faves because the mercs had so many cool skills. and zy el was cool as well because of the cool glitched graphics for the act 1 merc. and eastern sun was great because of the new skills and the fact that mercs actualy complimented your build if you chose the right one but any would help. it wasnt 1 merc rules all (mainly the holy freeze merc).

why is the information on this very important aspect of any mod, not easily accessible in the stickies? or on the patch updates?

if it isnt ill do the time and effort find the post (which may be buried under irrelevant posts) and rwquest it be stickied. :P im not saying im lazy im just saying mercs are a must in any mod :P

=====
ok just to be clear they don't need OP skills. just something to change them from boring ice arrow to something cool. no need for increased power why not make a merc only skill for all the mercs? even if they are really weak at least they wont be boring. i hate mods where the merc has the same attacks as vanilla. even if they are next to useless skills. or simply new graphics for the skill as long as they aren't boring.

Last edited by alkire on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: what do the mercs do?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:26 pm 

http://blue.arimyth.com/Mercenaries.html

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: what do the mercs do?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:27 pm 

thanks blue :)

my bad blue i thought for a second they were all gona be boring... i never used a merc in hell unleashed xD but now i know they are ANYTHING but boring xD they got some very interesting skills xD

edit"
qoute from merc descirption.

One important thing to keep in mind about A2 mercs is that they have similar hit recovery rates as a druid. In other words, they suck at it and turn in to bumbling idiots unless you give them some FHR.

LOL epic xD

Offline Profile