Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:00 am

Post subject: Phys immune : Is there something comming for that ?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:15 pm 

I am playing since the new ladder reset and there is alot of discussion over this problem since that time. The quetion is : is there something going on for that ?

I play a zealer pally and i cant do almost nothing in hell ...

I think it is time for action now before I leave or other players leave. I do really love this mod. The problem is that i dont want to play a poison zon or necro to be efficient in hell. I love melee char and I want to stick with that.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Phys immune : Is there something comming for that ?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:01 pm 

I know that hell for a phys based melee character is quite rough, but there are other builds that incorporate swinging at said monster that are not physically based. Maybe give one of those a whirl. like one of several druid builds, maybe use beserk as a secondary strong attack fir a barb, holy aura paladins, etc.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:41 pm 

Except elemental melee were hit hard too with the nerf to DR & Resists. They're were already hard as hell to balance pierce, +skills, IAS, AR, DR, good block, and life. Now you'd be lucky to scrape up 10-15% DR while retaining any sort of good pierce.

But yeah, as someone who's played a melee to A5 Hell twice this ladder, it is pretty harsh. You're still quite great against sub-bosses (Not nearly as good as before, but you can still effectively kill them without pounding your face into concrete) but against Hell Act bosses it's basically a lost cause. The damage you'll produce is hardly worth the counters, even with Max'd Amplify Damage.

If you're with a Necromancer who has only 1 pt Amplify Damage, forget about touching an Hell Act boss. Kind of silly a whole plethora of builds now require another character to max a skill to be the least bit viable. I would understand having max Amplify Damage bringing me from viable to great, but as it is 1 pt Amp & Maxed Amplify damage makes or breaks your melee character being viable against anything but trash.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:51 am 

Actually there hasn't really been much discussion at all. It's really just Rasta starting new threads and hijacking other threads with it. I agree with him however there really isn't that much discussion.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:40 am 

Well I kind of slowed down, playing like 5 hours max a week now, so I don't really care anymore. I gave up on putting something through because we all have poison zons/fire sorc/ -Insert Caster-.

Every time I make an argument for a melee to be able to damage a boss, everyone gets on my grill, calling me a parrot, saying I derail shit because they are in denial that I am right.

People who are arguing for melee should 'tank' don't understand the only thing that was needed to balance melee was remove crushing blow. That's it.

Oh look, I stopped posting about it, no one really cares to change it anyways, LETS JUST LEAVE IT LOL, the newbs have to suffer our retarded sense of balance, and the mod will die. GG

Abominae wrote:
@Blue
Hmmm.... Sometimes I believe your logic is on another fucked up plane of existence.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:13 am 

I was waiting in hope to see some change but nothing is changing ... I really think that i will quit. I tried to start a new char, you can't find nm game or party to pass through nm. I notice that there is alot less player plaing the mod and that make it harder to play. I had alomost 6-7 friends always online and now i am the only one playing. All other high lvl player play in private game (rush, farm, special boss ...)

I have a lvl 95 and i don't want him to be a waste of time. I had hard time playing him to this lvl (I had to leech alot), find (I had to beggin) gear. I have put too much time and effort on this char to forget it.

I don't see how i could have fun playing this mod if nothing will change about the phys immune.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:29 am 

I think the phys immune thing is kinda wierd. Because casters dont need a necro with maxed amp to do damage or any maxed curse for that matter, but melee do?

Thats not really balanced. There should be some phys resistance sure but immunity?
Just make bosses immune against crushing blow if that is what is causing the problem with balancing melee.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:28 am 

The only times something "comes" is when Soulmancer gives it the thumbs up. Until then, nothing changes. This is his mod and I sure as hell am not going to start tweaking things here and there unless he gives me the thumbs up to do so.

All of our servers and our Gateway host (Duffbeer) won't implement something that doesn't have Soulmancers approval either.

So until you see Soulmancer post, nothing else really matters much. We can offer opinions (I gave mine here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3032), but he is the King of the castle.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:17 pm 

the sky is falling

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:03 am 

Soulmancer wrote:
Well in your opinion, what do you feel are the most important changes that should be implemented? I do like a lot of the proposed changes but some of the changes seem a bit overkill in how they would stack.

3x min spawn, nerfed crushing blow, reduced strength, reduced resistance and harder hitting bosses for instance. while one of those things alone wouldn't have a huge impact. That's a pretty intense nerf for melee classes who generally already have an advantage vs bosses and a disadvantage vs trash mobs.

The impact of skillers more come into play end game and yes I'd be interested in seeing that balanced because some caster classes become overpowered when they stock up on skillers. But in hell difficulty a lot of elemental classes do depend on a few skillers to be effective. Removing skillers is a huge drop in DPS for casters.

Hence my concerns, as it seems as of now players can become too overpowered in Hell, but if all those changes are implemented full force I'm worried hell difficulty may become pretty much impossible except for the best players with the best possible gear combinations, which is not what I want to see. I want to see a balance between the two so that players are not overpowered end game or underpowered unless they have all the best gear.

As stated I do like a lot of your changes, all I suggested was maybe toning down some of those changes or implementing something that would help offset the changes so they aren't so dramatic. Cause I know if they were all implemented in full force I'd never create a melee character if I'm going to die far easier and do a lot less damage. If people have to invest in strength there going to have less life overall- monsters inflicting more damage and players having reduced resistances. You can see the issue, while some of these ideas are fine on there own, when you stack them on top of one another it becomes "too much"

There were many posts of this nature, Soulmancer himself advising those behind the 'community' (communist politburo) patch that to tone down some of the nerfs.

Note, so far the skiller nerf/change hasn't raised too many issues. Although not perfect, balancing it did work because you gave something when you took something away. What did you as the community give to melee when you nerfed every single thing about them, when they were barely considered overpowered last patch?

Abominae wrote:
@Blue
Hmmm.... Sometimes I believe your logic is on another fucked up plane of existence.

Offline Profile