Login | Register


All times are UTC - 5 hours


It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:39 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Hello All - I Am New :)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:35 pm 

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:22 pm
Posts: 222
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Hi guys... I've been playing D2 for past 10 years and just barely found this MOD... I've played other mods including the all famous Median XL for a while now but i just started Hell Unleashed and i must say, its the best thing ever... I stopped playing Mythos completely for this MOD lol.

I just wanted to ask about a bowzon. As you all know, they are worthless in 1.13 and without Faith/Fort/etc.. with TONS of max/life charms, you are fairly screwed - even then, you still can't own hell.

Hope that is not the case here but regardless I am having so much fun with her at early levels - currently level 21 and farming blood raven - leoric - and griz is really fun and getting some good gear. Just found vidalas armor + boots and nokozan ammy.. ohh yea and also a nagelring..

Any advice about bowazons from the forum?

Thanks guys and i am excited to be part of the community!


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Hello All - I Am New :)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:40 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:51 am
Posts: 276
Location: Toronto, Canada
bowzons are viable, but there are lots of options what you want to do with it.

look at http://blue.arimyth.com/patch.html

_________________
blue_myriddn wrote:
This patch is probably the best balance HU has seen in a long time.

Abominae wrote:
@Blue
Hmmm.... Sometimes I believe your logic is on another fucked up plane of existence.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Hello All - I Am New :)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:27 pm 

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:22 pm
Posts: 222
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Rasta wrote:
bowzons are viable, but there are lots of options what you want to do with it.

look at http://blue.arimyth.com/patch.html


That tells me patch notes... What portion of that item/FAQ tells me about amazon builds?


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Hello All - I Am New :)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:42 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:10 am
Posts: 345
Location: Vancouver, BC
Benjamin wrote:
Rasta wrote:
bowzons are viable, but there are lots of options what you want to do with it.

look at http://blue.arimyth.com/patch.html


That tells me patch notes... What portion of that item/FAQ tells me about amazon builds?


Like any game the patch notes are where you look to find what part of your class is still strong or which parts have become weak. Unless you have no idea about zons and how they are made and what they do, then try posting in the strategy forum for help on beginner builds.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Hello All - I Am New :)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:43 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:51 am
Posts: 276
Location: Toronto, Canada
it's not there yet, what I usually do when i make a build is i look at viable items and base my stats and skills upon that, along with the role of the char

for bowzon it's like ... 150 base vitality, dexterity dump, craft holy armor and socket it with emeralds for more dex.

your gonna have to just play it and see what works IMO, planning is good but you need information about the mod when you plan your build. Bowzons work if you know how to gear properly for the right zones and etc, and you have a good tank like decoy or a5 barb merc.

_________________
blue_myriddn wrote:
This patch is probably the best balance HU has seen in a long time.

Abominae wrote:
@Blue
Hmmm.... Sometimes I believe your logic is on another fucked up plane of existence.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Hello All - I Am New :)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:10 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:02 pm
Posts: 1627
Quote:
Any advice about bowazons from the forum?
Invest in passives like max decoy and valk, strategy, max multi as you gain more arrows for clearing trash, 1 in ga, 1 or more in strafe IF you really are gonna use it - like Rasta provided link, Strafe got buffed. All damage is from bow and dex, not skills. Put emeralds in gear, keep LL high, like 20%+ always, Good luck


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Hello All - I Am New :)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:56 am 

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:22 pm
Posts: 222
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Steel wrote:
Quote:
Any advice about bowazons from the forum?
Invest in passives like max decoy and valk, strategy, max multi as you gain more arrows for clearing trash, 1 in ga, 1 or more in strafe IF you really are gonna use it - like Rasta provided link, Strafe got buffed. All damage is from bow and dex, not skills. Put emeralds in gear, keep LL high, like 20%+ always, Good luck


Awesome!

I looked through the items and the "Elemental Set" with the 2 rings and ammy look like a real good choice! Also some of the Soulmancer items seem to be a good fit.

I also see people mentioning "Blood Gear" of some sort and also "uber gems"... does anyone know what they are?

Ultimately, my question here is... what armor do i use, and if i have to craft one, how do i do that? I went through the crafting page but i trully dont understand it. I know there is Hammer's and Glyphs but how to make a 4 socketed armor that i need is not really clearly represented.

Which armor is the best and what do you guys suggest for gear?


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Hello All - I Am New :)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:14 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:02 pm
Posts: 1627
Benjamin wrote:
I looked through the items and the "Elemental Set" with the 2 rings and ammy look like a real good choice! Also some of the Soulmancer items seem to be a good fit.
Elemental gaze set is ok, 12%ll, res, skills, ele dmg, cbf, yes you should use it if don't get anything better aka good crafts. Soulmancer items require 152str to wear, most likely you won't get that much on your dexbow, better focus on rare/craft/uniqs.
Quote:
I also see people mentioning "Blood Gear" of some sort and also "uber gems"... does anyone know what they are?
Blood gear - craft with ruby
Uber gem - Highest tier of gem, ie Uber Topaz is Thunder Prism
Quote:
Ultimately, my question here is... what armor do i use, and if i have to craft one, how do i do that? I went through the crafting page but i trully dont understand it. I know there is Hammer's and Glyphs but how to make a 4 socketed armor that i need is not really clearly represented.
Armor you can use Crow Caw with emeralds + holy craft for undeads(sanctuary completely negates physical resistance of undeads, positive and negative, undeads aren't immune to your attack but amp won't increase your output, small price to pay).To craft you use Adam hammer(buy @ vendors) + any quality jewel + MAGIC armor + specific gem. Socketing items wasn't never confusing to me but I met some guys who didn't know how so:
normal/magic items require 1 quantity of xxxsocket to add socketings, rares/crafts require 2 of the same xxxsocket to add socketings, X socket can be used only on white items adding 5 holes or set/uniques adding only one hole.
Quote:
Which armor is the best and what do you guys suggest for gear?
Knockback gloves(power craft - Sapphire) or blood gloves(Ruby)mav gloves, belts such as strings of ears, razortail, mav belt, nosferatu coil, boots with +3magic, 50frw, with res or waterwalks/war travelers, blood craft diadem etc. etc. But I'm not an expert with dexzon so probably you'll find more info elsewhere.Btw. it's the best to always have cube with you and some different gear, ie if you're on lake of the dead you put holy craft armor and use normal armor on frozen tundra.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Hello All - I Am New :)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:25 am 

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:22 pm
Posts: 222
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Steel wrote:
Benjamin wrote:
I looked through the items and the "Elemental Set" with the 2 rings and ammy look like a real good choice! Also some of the Soulmancer items seem to be a good fit.
Elemental gaze set is ok, 12%ll, res, skills, ele dmg, cbf, yes you should use it if don't get anything better aka good crafts. Soulmancer items require 152str to wear, most likely you won't get that much on your dexbow, better focus on rare/craft/uniqs.
Quote:
I also see people mentioning "Blood Gear" of some sort and also "uber gems"... does anyone know what they are?
Blood gear - craft with ruby
Uber gem - Highest tier of gem, ie Uber Topaz is Thunder Prism
Quote:
Ultimately, my question here is... what armor do i use, and if i have to craft one, how do i do that? I went through the crafting page but i trully dont understand it. I know there is Hammer's and Glyphs but how to make a 4 socketed armor that i need is not really clearly represented.
Armor you can use Crow Caw with emeralds + holy craft for undeads(sanctuary completely negates physical resistance of undeads, positive and negative, undeads aren't immune to your attack but amp won't increase your output, small price to pay).To craft you use Adam hammer(buy @ vendors) + any quality jewel + MAGIC armor + specific gem. Socketing items wasn't never confusing to me but I met some guys who didn't know how so:
normal/magic items require 1 quantity of xxxsocket to add socketings, rares/crafts require 2 of the same xxxsocket to add socketings, X socket can be used only on white items adding 5 holes or set/uniques adding only one hole.
Quote:
Which armor is the best and what do you guys suggest for gear?
Knockback gloves(power craft - Sapphire) or blood gloves(Ruby)mav gloves, belts such as strings of ears, razortail, mav belt, nosferatu coil, boots with +3magic, 50frw, with res or waterwalks/war travelers, blood craft diadem etc. etc. But I'm not an expert with dexzon so probably you'll find more info elsewhere.Btw. it's the best to always have cube with you and some different gear, ie if you're on lake of the dead you put holy craft armor and use normal armor on frozen tundra.


Steel this is a lot of info and i thank you so much for this stuff.

Couple of additional questions if I may... When you say things like "Craft with Ruby" i dont get what that means... does that mean take a adamant hammer, ring, and a chipped ruby and make a crafted ring? Little confusing because i am so used to other Diablo 2.

Second, "Knockback gloves(power craft - Sapphire) or blood gloves(Ruby)" what the heck is power craft sapphire mean?

Third, "holy craft armor" what is this armor? How do you make it?

Fourth "Crow Caw with emeralds + holy craft for undeads"... Does this mean that Crow Caw has 4 sockets? And do you mean that Crow Caw armor can be holy crafted?


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Hello All - I Am New :)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:28 am 
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:48 am
Posts: 2432
http://blue.arimyth.com/Crafting.html
should cover your questions.

It is located in the Items section of blue.arimyth.com via the button called "Crafting"

_________________
People who live in cinder block houses can throw whatever they want.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Hello All - I Am New :)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:16 pm 

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:22 pm
Posts: 222
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
blue_myriddn wrote:
http://blue.arimyth.com/Crafting.html
should cover your questions.

It is located in the Items section of blue.arimyth.com via the button called "Crafting"


Ugh.... if you see above i am not sure how to read crafting at all... i have no idea what holy armor is... or anything else on those charts.

Can you tell me in stupid-person terms on how to upgrade and what holy armor is?


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Hello All - I Am New :)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:26 pm 
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:48 am
Posts: 2432
To craft you simply need to know the recipe for the type of item you want to make and they aren't terribly complex. You will need an Adament Hammer, a magic jewel and a Perfect/Starstone/Moonstone gem.

For normal quality items, you will need a Perfect Gem. For exceptional items, a Starstone Gem. For elite items, you will need a Moonstone gems. Rings and Amulets can be crafted with any type of gem, but higher gems will yield better results.

Diamond (Holy)
Skull (Death)
Ruby (Blood)
Emerald (Safety)
Topaz (Elemental)
Saphire (Power)
Amethyst (Caster)

_________________
People who live in cinder block houses can throw whatever they want.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Hello All - I Am New :)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:09 pm 

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:22 pm
Posts: 222
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
blue_myriddn wrote:
To craft you simply need to know the recipe for the type of item you want to make and they aren't terribly complex. You will need an Adament Hammer, a magic jewel and a Perfect/Starstone/Moonstone gem.

For normal quality items, you will need a Perfect Gem. For exceptional items, a Starstone Gem. For elite items, you will need a Moonstone gems. Rings and Amulets can be crafted with any type of gem, but higher gems will yield better results.

Diamond (Holy)
Skull (Death)
Ruby (Blood)
Emerald (Safety)
Topaz (Elemental)
Saphire (Power)
Amethyst (Caster)


Ok this helps alot... So if I grabbed a Moonstone Diamond, a Ada hammer, and an armor (Elite of my choice).. i will get a armor with 4 sockets that is rare?


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Hello All - I Am New :)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:23 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:02 pm
Posts: 1627
You'll get a crafted armor(orange), just scroll down on that page to see examples, pls read it as it's made to help ppl. To get sockets you will have to cube 2x Quad sockets with that armor.


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Hello All - I Am New :)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:28 pm 

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:22 pm
Posts: 222
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Steel wrote:
You'll get a crafted armor(orange), just scroll down on that page to see examples, pls read it as it's made to help ppl. To get sockets you will have to cube 2x Quad sockets with that armor.


Steel - what armor do you suggest crafting with for the zon?


Top
 Offline Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: