Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:54 pm

Post subject: Dropping Cube on the Ground
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:50 am 

I was going through Act 4 today, and it was the hellforge quest next in line. So, I went there 3 times. To summarize:

Plan: Solo him and lol in his face.

Take 1: Hahahahaha this is going so well hahahahaha you're already at 3/4 hahahaha you're already 1/2 hahahaha hahahaha ahahahahahaha oh fuck i got no more potions

Take 2: Hahahahahaha I got my merc with me this time hahahahaha you're already down to 3/4 hahahahaha down to 2/4 hahahahaha what?! how come didn't you drink that juv even though i right clicked on it 3 times?!

Take 3: Hahahahahahaha i got more potions than last time hahahahahahahaha down to 75% hahahahahahahahaha down to 50% hahahahahahahahaha down to 40% hahahahahahahaha ahahahaha oh my inventory ran out of juvs, no problem, i drop the cube and:

there go all my juvs

OH FUCK

So, I'm asking: How can't i retrieve any juvs from cube even though i had the rightmost coloumn full with juvs? With what priority do i retrieve items from cube when i drop it? Is it place, or did i get health potions because i had some of them in the inventory so stupid cube decided to fill my inventory with them shitty hp potions?

not the deep feeling of self-worth that comes from actually earning what you have.

ARE THESE THE OTHER PEOPLE YOU WANTED TO SHEAD FROM THE COMMUNITY?

Yep.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Dropping Cube on the Ground
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:18 pm 

i have no clue what you said but this made me laugh. thanks :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:28 pm 

Imperial wrote:
i have no clue what you said but this made me laugh. thanks :D
The question is how do we know which items will go to inventory and which ones will drop to ground when i drop horadric cube on the ground. There is so much off-topic material though :D

not the deep feeling of self-worth that comes from actually earning what you have.

Yep.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:53 pm 

I believe armors/weapons takes priority if they fit, so called misc items will always be dropped randomly on ground. But what happened? you could fast drink 4 super pots and take all juvs to your belt, if that wasn't enough then open inv -> shift + click on juv and it's there. I know it doesn't solve your problem :(

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:11 pm 

You are the best thing that has happened to these boards in awhile.

Just get rid of all your non juvs / pots and you won't have to worry. shift clicking your inv will put them in your belt automatically.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:13 pm 

Steel wrote:
I believe armors/weapons takes priority if they fit, so called misc items will always be dropped randomly on ground. But what happened? you could fast drink 4 super pots and take all juvs to your belt, if that wasn't enough then open inv -> shift + click on juv and it's there. I know it doesn't solve your problem :(
Drinking a potion which IS in inventory is not a problem (I attack the boss with inventory window open and right click the potions lol). The thing is, I had 10 juvs and countable infinity healing potions. I dropped the cube on ground with nothing but a few healing potions, charms and key in my inventory, I expected juvs and some random healing potions to appear, but all my juvs were on ground and i was full with some "super" healing potions and all my juvs and remaining healing potions. Thing is, i want to get my juvs in my inventory and other potions on the ground. That's better. But as you see, right the opposite happened.

EDIT: Oh, do you mean that i can get all juvs on the ground to inventory with shift-clicking one of them?

Yep.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:35 pm 

Quote:
EDIT: Oh, do you mean that i can get all juvs on the ground to inventory with shift-clicking one of them?
No, I thought you wanted it on ground to easier get into belt instead of having only half of actual screen, shift + click in inventory put pot in belt, if you want to use them directly from inv then would be wiser to just get them out before fight :-), It's better to spend 20sec more on that than run RoF again bcos you didn't.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:12 pm 

stars wrote:
You are the best thing that has happened to these boards in awhile.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:36 pm 

hmmm, i see your problem... you aren't a poison zon.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:53 am 

Rise wrote:
hmmm, i see your problem... you aren't a poison zon.
Contrary to popular belief, my issue isn't about soloing hellforge dragon. It's about not dropping my juvs to ground and getting them in my inventory instead. If a decoy or poison damage helps me do that without the requirement of getting potions from ground to inventory, and it's something that a frenzy barb can't do, i may switch to poison javazon.

Yep.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:33 am 

RushDaddy wrote:
With what priority do i retrieve items from cube when i drop it?
Items fall from the cube in the order in which they were placed into the cube. If there is no space in your inventory, then the item is dropped to the ground into the nearest empty space available. If you pick up an item from your cube and then put it back, then it will become the last placed item so it will fall last.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:25 am 

Brevan wrote:
RushDaddy wrote:
Items fall from the cube in the order in which they were placed into the cube. If there is no space in your inventory, then the item is dropped to the ground into the nearest empty space available. If you pick up an item from your cube and then put it back, then it will become the last placed item so it will fall last.
So the last placed item always stays in my inventory when i drop the cube, thanks.

Yep.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:39 pm 

Brevan wrote:
RushDaddy wrote:

you positive? i've always stacked things to the right side/bottom if i wanted them in inventory. and left side if i didnt. worked for me maybe im wrong though

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:18 pm 

@Rushdaddy - No, the first item into the cube is the first item removed from the cube. The last item into the cube is the last item removed from the cube, so it is more likely that your inventory will be already filled up and this item will drop to the ground. If you know something will be dropped to the ground, and want to make sure it is ItemX, then just put ItemX into the cube last (if it's already there, then just pick it up and put it back). If you wanted ItemX to go to your inventory, then make sure there is space for it, and then in the cube pick up everything except ItemX (now ItemX will be the first item to have been placed in the cube).

@Imperial - I tested several possibilities such as item price, queue vs stack ordering, size, and position. The only possibility that predicted the order in which items were removed from a dropped cube was a queue ordering. When you put things to the buttom right, if you placed things in an order (i.e. bottom right was the first placed, then the item above it, then above that, etc), then your method satisfies both the position and queue possibility. To test queu vs position possibilities, just place a hat into the top-left first, and then a hat into the bottom right, and then drop the cube with a full inventory (so there is only one 2x2 free spot where the cube was). If the hat from the bottom-right is in your inventory, then position is more important than order of placement.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:00 pm 

this was a funny post

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:05 pm 

yeah, was a good one ^^

Offline Profile