Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:22 am

Post subject: Where did AMP GO?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:38 am 

I haven't seen a necro using amp since a1 norm. This is just another nerf to barbs, how the hell can I be of any use to a boss fight when everyone is using lower res for their psn necros, psn zons, psn druids.....and other elemental chars.

I thought there would be some necro who is maxing amp but so far that's only Steel?

I'm really disappointed by this. Just replace amp with lower res on curse tree so necros dont have to spend a few more pts for it ffs

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Where did AMP GO?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:57 pm 
Game Server Host

People don't know how to curse swap with poison builds these days...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:04 pm 

sorry, deadspace 2nd playthrough, no amp anymore. Fleever's summoner maxed Amp I believe.
Quote:
103% of necs prefer to max lr/skeles on psn/bone necs and leave amp @ 1lvl, better for everyone to use dim vision and let barb bring 100 super healing/mana pots.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:47 pm 

Steel wrote:
sorry, deadspace 2nd playthrough, no amp anymore. Fleever's summoner maxed Amp I believe.
Quote:
103% of necs prefer to max lr/skeles on psn/bone necs and leave amp @ 1lvl, better for everyone to use dim vision and let barb bring 100 super healing/mana pots.

I plan to finish maxing find item.

I should max find potion too.

Abominae wrote:
@Blue
Hmmm.... Sometimes I believe your logic is on another fucked up plane of existence.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:54 pm 

curse swap with random pubbies is a useless endeavor.
i dont see the point in pretending its not.
i lr psn decrep wait lr psn when i multi box but its not like its teamwork you can develop in the 30 mins it takes to do diablo.
also my summoner maxed amp and LR

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:15 am 
Game Server Host

i always have pretty much every curse on a hotkey. Weaken is simply godly vs ardy/juggy/ancients. It's not hard to cast lr then switch to decrep or another curse after the enemy is poisoned. If people ain't doing that then more fool them. A necro who can't curse switch is like a barb who can't tank.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:12 pm 

i dont see where the necro has anything to do with it if your psn player is unpredictable, why should i abandon blades decrep thats letting the melee plug away at the boss for LR when i have no idea when hes going to stop running in circles and hit the boss.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:03 pm 
Game Server Host

as soon as the boss isnt green you just watch for the char going in to strike with pois and quickly switch to lr and then back again once the pois takes hold. Talk to the char playing pois and make sure you are both on the same page. If he knows you are gonna curse swap and understands why, he will be more aware of when to go in for a strike.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:20 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
Talk to the char playing pois and make sure you are both on the same page.

Zikur wrote:
curse swap with random pubbies is a useless endeavor.
i dont see the point in pretending its not.

dont put the burden on the necro to curse swap when in sc they are already responsible for keeping the boss under control while the rest of the party runs around waiting for god to smite the boss so they can run in for drops and dont want to risk going to town for potions so they can be useful because they might miss this grand opportunity.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:53 pm 
Game Server Host

because pressing a key, right clicking and pressing another key is hard right? you can do it in between blade cooldowns...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:11 pm 

yeah, and then run lr for 5 seconds before the psn char knows whats going on. its simply easier to just run lr all the times rather than having to type up a storm in the middle of a boss fight. unless you have played with the other ppl before or plan to continue with them (in which case they are likely competent) its just not worth the effort. i wont be convinced otherwise.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:31 am 

Only fat people don't cast amp..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:02 am 

AMP is useless in this patch, because melees are useless. Hell andy has 120% or so phys resistance.....

Abominae wrote:
@Blue
Hmmm.... Sometimes I believe your logic is on another fucked up plane of existence.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:10 am 

Zikur wrote:
yeah, and then run lr for 5 seconds before the psn char knows whats going on. its simply easier to just run lr all the times rather than having to type up a storm in the middle of a boss fight. unless you have played with the other ppl before or plan to continue with them (in which case they are likely competent) its just not worth the effort. i wont be convinced otherwise.

I have heard the same thing said about Lower Resist last patch. No one used LR in boss fights - it was always amp, amp, amp

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:16 am 

stars wrote:
Only fat people don't cast amp..

you caught me :oops:

blue_myriddn wrote:
I have heard the same thing said about Lower Resist last patch. No one used LR in boss fights - it was always amp, amp, amp

decrep was usable last patch in some cases, not late game, but first play through it helped.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:18 am 

Zikur wrote:

decrep was usable last patch in some cases, not late game, but first play through it helped.[/quote]
Same concept though - boosting physical damage.

How much of the "melee is broken" is based around Necromancers simply not using Amp and actually maxing out Lower Resist?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:39 am 

boosting phys dmg while more importantly reducing their dmg output. it was what 33%? or something i think. thats pretty much as good as amp with 10 points in it now. except you dont get the slow. I have amp with 12 hard points in it and maxed lr. did adural with star's last night. he was playin a barb. even with curse swapping he wasnt doing a significant amount of dmg with my lvl 17 amp on a boss that last season was a picnic for melee's with proper res/sorb/mdr. curse swap psn nd he melts.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:59 am 

blue_myriddn wrote:
How much of the "melee is broken" is based around Necromancers simply not using Amp and actually maxing out Lower Resist?

It's not.

LR just provides more results. The -50 or so elemental resists on top of the elemental characters passive pierce(easily 50% by mid NM) puts the boss well into the negative elemental resist values. Where as a melee has 0 passive pierce. Maybe I misread, but bosses have a resist charm giving them an extra 50% resists? So the 50% amp actually does absolutely nothing?

Why cast amp when melee got hit with the multishot nerf stick? Bosses resist charm, little to no CB/deadly, and lack of ability to vita whore(making you less of an actual tank) all handicap the barbarian into being a bo/hork bitch for tough fights.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:28 am 

barbs definitely ate it big time with all the nerfs. i can understand the nerfs to crushing blow but deadly strike was really the staple of melees. the str-gear nerf is also a HUGE hit to melees as now they have to invest heavily into str for power.

however, the highest dps character in the game is still a melee, and that just means people shouldn't give up on amp altogether. i dont know of any caster than can blow up los bosses in just over 20 seconds.

lastly, barbs are still the best tanks in the game. perhaps that doesn't mean anything on sc, but on hc the value of a good tank can never be ignored.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:59 am 
Game Server Host

Zikur wrote:

as i said before, if you don't talk about what you are gonna do if its a random group of people then don't expect an organised fight. If you took 20 seconds to explain what you are gonna do before the fight starts then you will have a much easier time. Don't simply not swap to amp/decrep because you are too lazy to talk to the poison build. That's not exactly party friendly is it?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:44 pm 

FuryCury wrote:
Why cast amp when melee got hit with the multishot nerf stick? Bosses resist charm, little to no CB/deadly, and lack of ability to vita whore(making you less of an actual tank) all handicap the barbarian into being a bo/hork bitch for tough fights.

The boss charm has been in the game for several ladders, it wasn't introduced this patch.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:45 pm 

blue_myriddn wrote:
FuryCury wrote:

The boss charm has been in the game for several ladders, it wasn't introduced this patch.

But before this patch there was enough amp to actualy break it.

Now for a melee to be useful you need a necro who maxed amp. Which leads me to my next point, why not just bring a fire sorc and meteor the boss if your melee is there tanking it.

Abominae wrote:
@Blue

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:47 pm 
Game Server Host

Quote:
Now for a melee to be useful you need a necro who maxed amp. Which leads me to my next point, why not just bring a fire sorc and meteor the boss if your melee is there tanking it.

isnt the melee being usefull while tanking?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:50 pm 

there are few parties worth the effort. as i said if you've played or plan to continue play with them it will likely work out fine since they must have a basic understanding if you have chosen to play with them.
I kill nm adural last night with *stars' barb. i curse swapped just fine because i was controlling the psn build. the game isnt hard. its the ppl that play it that make things more difficult than it has to be at times

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:52 pm 
Game Server Host

Zikur wrote:
the game isnt hard. its the ppl that play it that make things more difficult than it has to be at times

Almost sig worthy. I was tempted!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:59 pm 

Zikur wrote:
i was controlling the psn build. the game isnt hard.

Almost sig worthy.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:02 pm 
Game Server Host

lmao, damit if you had quoted me and responded with that. THAT would have been sig worthy

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:42 pm 

i just did single player test on hell andariel, doing 20-25k physical damage, i couldnt even move her hp bar by a pixel, but with lvl 1 amp, i was doing damage. i even tried it with lower damage 4k-6k, and amp was still letting me do damage. without even lvl 1 amp, i couldnt move her hp bar.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:54 pm 
Game Server Host

Ok so the pierce is ignoring the 1/5 penalty for the dr% on the charm. I tested it by first using amp to make a noticable dent, then letting it wear off and attacking. The bosses wouldn't heal so damage is being done without amp, its just a tiny amount.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:57 pm 

hey Kruno darling :-)

well the first thing what i skill on necro is 1 point in amp !
my boner got still 1 point in + skill items its enough or not ?
and 1 point in dec.

- if i do quests i got LR wand on switch for some special bosses,

some freak 2-3 days ago got no fucking any curse... we played in a team with some others and he was the only one necro in team at diablo and some baal later , god damn i ask him no cursE ? some gay answhere : maybe he want max first bone skills

kurwa ! go delete ur chars stop play D2 omg ?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:46 pm 

Durance wrote:
Zikur wrote:

Almost sig worthy.

Not that it matters but this is the first season i have even made a poison build. reason? melee isnt the main dmg dealer. every other ladder i have made a fury druid a ww barb and a prayer/smite pally. it was adural teleports so meteor isnt an option. Diablo is largely a knowledge base game. taking that into account why would i design a party (in which i play all the parts of ) with melee as my main dps? am i only playing the game if i try to zeal bosses to death and come on here crying amount smith runes and juvs?

The game is what it is. if you can't advance you're doing it wrong. Play to win, stop crying.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:01 pm 

Zikur wrote:
Durance wrote:
Zikur wrote:

Almost sig worthy.

Not that it matters but this is the first season i have even made a poison build. reason? melee isnt the main dmg dealer. every other ladder i have made a fury druid a ww barb and a prayer/smite pally. it was adural teleports so meteor isnt an option. Diablo is largely a knowledge base game. taking that into account why would i design a party (in which i play all the parts of ) with melee as my main dps? am i only playing the game if i try to zeal bosses to death and come on here crying amount smith runes and juvs?

The game is what it is. if you can't advance you're doing it wrong. Play to win, stop crying.

I think you took a joke a bit personally. The point is most everyone could advance if they played a poison based char. I personally think the stigma against playing 'op' chars is dumb to begin with. If it's strong and not a bug exploit, use it. And I think most people are complaining about melee's role in this patch, not about the difficulty of the game itself.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:08 pm 

Reason being that it is a stigma. If I want my party to advance I must use ele as my main element. I always make a meteor sorc because traditionally a3 spider + a4 seal boss always stumps my phys dmg party. So now that i need ele as a main element naturally I'd choose poison since it is the most powerful. Since i've never played one I had to make all three. Actually I did make a psn necro last season but he was only lvl 45 yet still managed to kill darkness with buffs/healer. This season my psn necro is my least favourite of the three. I have actually discontinued his progress in my party and replaced him with a blizz sorc for trash.

Offline Profile