Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:37 pm

Post subject: 1.16f version Info
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:50 pm 

Hello,

Its been a while since ive been on this forum, glad to see its still up! Ive been playing a little on older versions solo (Had a blast on 1.21z). I just started playing 1.16 since I could find a link on a semi-recent post here. If I remember correctly 1.21z was around 2009-2010 and thats as long as you can possibly scroll back on these forums, so unfortunately I cant dig any older posts for info.

Im trying to figure out what version 1.16f is, is it the one where Hoobadins (holy fire + zeal?) and curse immune WW barbs dominated the endgame? I just killed andy and realized how old that version is when catacomb lvl 4 ladders leads straight to andy without the sub-boss with the bears! old times.

Any help appreciated if info still exists for this version you would be more than welcome to point to it.

tyvm!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: 1.16f version Info
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:47 am 

v1.16 was released in 2006. Although there were previous versions (I think v1.06 (winter 2004?) was the first public multiplayer version), the HU community didn't use this website until 2009 after a split in the community (look up the AfterMath mod to see how the other community evolved, it's undoubtedly a decent mod to try).

I think v1.16 is the version you were expecting, it has the Cleansing oSkill on Leviathan armor (it was needed for curse immunity, maybe along with the Fade proc on Spirit Ward shield).

I've run the webpage maker over the text files (after a minimum of edits to allow it to work, note that there might be some minor errors in the result), I hope those let you enjoy the mod even more.
https://archive.org/download/web-pages-for-huv-1.16-2006/WebPages%20for%20HUv1.16%20%282006%29.zip

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: 1.16f version Info
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:55 am 

Thank you Brevan that was very helpful. I'm currently enjoying the patch quite a lot. I got a friendly reminder on how dangerous fire enchanted monsters are in this patch (remember the fire golems in arcane sanctuary?). Do you remember what the original forum URL was back in those days? I'd try to find info on internet archive see if I can dig some old posts. I'm gonna need some help on these builds and strategies becauses this version seems pretty hard to solo on normal so far.

Offline Profile