Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 am

Post subject: Frustration with anti rush rule.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:55 pm 

This new rule is a great Idea I wish blizzard would of had this rule from the start. high lvls no longer able to help low lvl groups complete quests once they beat that mode. But...
Not enough people play this mod as it is and I can see a lot of people quiting once they get to nm and there are hardly ever any games or groups in nm to play with and venture farther into the acts.

I myself being one of them. I have watched group after group pass me while I have been suck in act3 for a week now with noone ever on to play with. The friends I have made questing are now in hell and can no longer group up with me.

I love the idea but there just is not enough people on here to make it work how you want it to work. Great idea though!
I am having no fun being stuck over and over again and sadly I will probably end up leaving HU. I dont want to but this is no fun. I feel many will follow.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Frustration with anti rush rule.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:36 pm 

thanks for your input,
there have been more games this season than any before thanks to this rule,
a great success.
sorry for your bad luck.
best of luck in your future endeavors !

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:45 pm 

I have to say that I haven't had a problem finding quest games in norm this season. About the only downside is the bored lvl50-60 players who can't get past baal who join A2-3 games and do the quests for the parties there.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:02 pm 
Site Admin

NM is probably the least populated mode I would think. More of a staging ground for Hell, most player spend the least amount of time in Nightmare.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:35 pm 

maybe later on in a few months, like 5 or 6, remove the nm's restriction but keep the hell one?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:06 am 

Give the season some time and people will work around it.

Norm=LvL 70
NM=LvL 90

Basically once enough time is put into it we will have chars strong enough to rush people who are stuck on their highest lvl char.

I'm not saying this to encourage rushing.

I want to have my cake and eat it. It just really sucks balls when your stuck in one spot because

a.) you don't have a dedicated party
b.)the boss is immune to you or just stupidly hard to solo or pub
c.) it's doable, but it will still take 17 hours and something stupid could still happen (Achmel with 3 immunities)

Abominae wrote:
@Blue
Hmmm.... Sometimes I believe your logic is on another fucked up plane of existence.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:33 am 
Site Admin

I would almost say say just prevent nightmare and hell players from joining normal, but allow hell players to join nightmare... mid-game in any online rpg always seems to be the least important.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:42 am 

Rasta wrote:
. It just really sucks balls when your stuck in one spot because

c.) it's doable, but it will still take 17 hours and something stupid could still happen (Achmel with 3 immunities)

The baal quest is insanely long. I still would love to see some change to help that one out. I think my favorite was the Worldstone Key which gave you 3 portal changes to the Castle and was dropped by the Guardian.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:43 am 

blue_myriddn wrote:
Rasta wrote:
. It just really sucks balls when your stuck in one spot because

The baal quest is insanely long. I still would love to see some change to help that one out. I think my favorite was the Worldstone Key which gave you 3 portal changes to the Castle and was dropped by the Guardian.

Hows about getting rid of NM entirely :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:44 pm 

that was brought up and is rather difficult to implement if even possible at all.
allowing hell chars in nm might not be the worst but at the same time the same problems would occur. earn your way through, id say.
and why not the wp in a new room removing arreats wp? it has to be the most useless wp as it is now

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:29 pm 

Zikur wrote:
that was brought up and is rather difficult to implement if even possible at all.
allowing hell chars in nm might not be the worst but at the same time the same problems would occur. earn your way through, id say.
and why not the wp in a new room removing arreats wp? it has to be the most useless wp as it is now

I think this is the simplest and most effective solution.

WSK 2-Castle lvl 1 can take a long time. If you can shave that off the baal quest would be much less disgusting.

I agree that Arreat is a useless waypoint. Crystalline passage is right there in the same spot every time, and frozen river tp can be used to rush u there.

Ancients just seems so goddamn easy. Like you go to ancients wp, you find ancients, and you kill them boohoo, done. If you add Castle lvl 1 WP or cleft wp (after you kill guardian), then basically guardian is like part of the ancients quest and makes it more interesting and dynamic.

Abominae wrote:
@Blue
Hmmm.... Sometimes I believe your logic is on another fucked up plane of existence.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:29 pm 
Site Admin

A castle of destruction charged key wouldn't be a bad idea.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:41 pm 

i dont think its a good idea.
one drops from guardian. somebody takes and has to go, leaves with all 3 charges ect.
why not add a new room that you go to from the guardian tp and put a wp in there, castle basement or something and then add a one way stairs ( like duriel ) into the castle? unless you are gonna drop multiple keys from guardian. this is a public mod and with ppl playing priv to get q's it would b too easy to run with a group down guardian loot the key and leave. anger anger anger.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:43 pm 

drop multiple keys and set to carry=1. just like you get multiple eyes and stuff but you cant pick them all up.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:36 pm 

i find that the vast majority of team related problems (and almost all other problems) on hell unleashed can usually be solved in the following way:

wrong way: randomly try to find a game and join it. join a game that has a team in it, hang out with them and randomly try to progress through. chances are IF you find a team, there is a high chance they will leave you behind at a crucial point for a large number of reasons. they will get pissed at you for leaching (even if you are not) and you will get pissed at them for ditching you. and you will end up wasting time. the population (at least on hc) is simply not large enough to support random joining.

right way: talk to people before you make your character! make some buddies on hc or sc. discuss starting a team with them. make a post on the forum saying like, team starting on hc or sc or whatever, tell them what you are making and what your team still needs. dont just make somthing you think will be fun. try to build a useful team togeather with buffs and debuffs. when you have a team and people ready and everyone is ready to start, start out togeather and steamroll each difficulty togeather. load players that are absent at crucial points etc. most teams do this and thus there will be invisible slots reserved sometimes. this is one reason just joining teams halfway can be problematic.

just some thoughts. anyways,have fun.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:33 am 
Site Admin

The anti rush rule will be tweaked somewhat... Either hell characters will be able to join Nightmare games... or act 1 nightmare characters can join normal games and act 1 hell characters can join nightmare games.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:53 am 

i like the castle waypoint idea more than the keys, but both have their downsides i suppose ^^

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:19 am 

the castle wp would have to be designed so that you cant get it from entering the portal at castle (one way stairs) and that gives ppl easier access to castle to xp or whatever and you cant use the wp to run guardian so easily because you cant get to hiim when his tp hasnt been opened, and that only happens when you kill him.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:20 am 

i do however think if its possible to allow chars in a1 to join previous difficulty then it would be nearly perfect

Offline Profile