Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:48 am

Post subject: cloak of shadows ......... seeking answer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:25 pm 

I'm hearing talk that cloak does not work on bosses(dia, baal, flail bosses, etc.) is this true? Does the -defense and -psn resist not work? if so why the hell not? If this is true then why should LR, or Amp, or auras work on them either?

Thanks
iMP

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: cloak of shadows ......... seeking answer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:49 pm 

cloak of shadows doesnt work on bosses. they wont get the smoke curse above their head. the skill works differently than the other curses and auras. its a single cast that does a radius from you. at lvl 15 it does 36 yards.
the blindness of the skill doesnt work on uniques or champs but the -enemy psn resist and -def does work on them.
EDIT: there are some mobs that are unaffected by the skill entirely even though they arent a boss.

if it were changed to act like a curse the skill would not beable to give the user def boost, would need the delay removed(currently it lasts 45 sec and delay is 45 sec), adjust duration and the amount of -def and -enemy resist, and needs to scale along side LR
if it were to act like an aura, it wont be able to blind mobs(if it did, it would be the most powerful aura there is lol), needs to scale along side conviction, and lower or remove the def boost

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:05 pm 

make sense, but brings me to another question? why wasnt it scaled down to match lr and convic? and blade of areat for that matter so it could work? or this that a hard coding mess so it could never work on act bosses?
also wanted to ask. would it be possible to make this only work for the one casting the cloak?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:58 pm 

i think it wasnt scaled like LR or conviction because there is a 45 sec delay in casting along with not working on bosses.
i dont understand what you are saying about blade of arreat, that just lowers def of monsters by 25%, which works on all mobs in the radius.
as of your last question i do not know.

Offline Profile