All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 am

Post subject: Does anyone even care about this mod anymore
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:43 pm 

Wtf is going on here.. There is to much to let this die

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Does anyone even care about this mod anymore
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:16 pm 

It's hard to tell how interested people are. I'm pretty sure new Forum accounts aren't allowed to post comments (I haven't checked in a few years), so I'd expect to hear less from people once they've enjoyed the mod but then moved on. We wouldn't hear from new players.

The realm wasn't available for a few months, but then it came back. If Duff needed to take action to bring it back, then we know that he still cares. We haven't heard from Duff regarding changing the realm to v1.21z; it would be nice to know if changing the realm at all is still possible. I haven't noticed the servers being reset recently, despite that being requested at the end of September, so maybe Duff's lost this line of communication.

There's probably some links to the Discord channel people set up for HU. Maybe that's where all the action is. If it contains new players, then that's one way HU could still continue.

It's a shame that the forum isn't used much. I'm not a fan of Discord or Twitter when it comes to answering questions because it's hard to link to the answers of frequently asked questions. Considering how little players used the Strategy & Tactics forum (used to be the second most popular forum) when things were busier around here, maybe reading or posting on a forum is just not a thing people want to do anymore.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:49 pm 

We are still patching and going strong on HU. Yes we use discord because its young, hip and cool, unlike any of our player base. Duff's server has been down for a long time and been dead for 2 years now. The admins of this forum don't care about it or are long gone so no wonder why the forum is dead.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:16 am 

Shit talking the people that made it possible for you to make a branch is pretty telling. The amount of work put in by all those before you is just cast as 'not cool'. Simply put. Fuck you.

I am glad that people are still enjoying a continuation of it, though.

There are still several people with moderator priviliges that come around (just because it doesn't show mod privilges doesn't mean we aren't around), and there was a move to see if we could get a fun run of Soulmancer's last hurrah with widescreen support and the like just before forums went down for an extended period. That hurt that endeavor quite a bit I think.

It would be good to hear something from Duff to see if this is an option. Also, if there is any interest by those that are around that can mod effectively to do it again. Of the posts I have read over my time, the 1.5s seems to be the best received by most. There are still some issues with it, but it's probably the closest that we have come to what Soulmancer's take was on things.

Diverging much from this always led to issues, even if they were well intended.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:05 pm 

kramuti wrote:
Shit talking the people that made it possible for you to make a branch is pretty telling. The amount of work put in by all those before you is just cast as 'not cool'. Simply put. Fuck you.

I am glad that people are still enjoying a continuation of it, though.

There are still several people with moderator priviliges that come around (just because it doesn't show mod privilges doesn't mean we aren't around), and there was a move to see if we could get a fun run of Soulmancer's last hurrah with widescreen support and the like just before forums went down for an extended period. That hurt that endeavor quite a bit I think.

It would be good to hear something from Duff to see if this is an option. Also, if there is any interest by those that are around that can mod effectively to do it again. Of the posts I have read over my time, the 1.5s seems to be the best received by most. There are still some issues with it, but it's probably the closest that we have come to what Soulmancer's take was on things.

Diverging much from this always led to issues, even if they were well intended.

I was actually making fun of my own player base... hence why I said "our player base" and not "your base player".. holy uptight batman.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:07 pm 

PS: I would gladly host any old version of HU for you guys. The actual requirements for a VPS these days to host software this old is minimal.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:43 pm 

silvermane wrote:
I was actually making fun of my own player base... hence why I said "our player base" and not "your base player".. holy uptight batman.
. Sometimes (or often times) I am not so good at seeing sarcasm over dem ineterwebs. Apologies, then.

Offline Profile