Post subject: Post your 2.1 feedback
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:14 pm 

Please list what things you think need to be:

Added?
Removed?
Nerfed?
Buffed?
Other changes/fixes/bugs?

Give examples and arguments for why you feel something isn't right or could be better.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Post your 2.1 feedback
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:04 pm 

Yeah, first sorry for my stupid English, this í my suggestion :
- add bonus HP to 2H weapon, more than 1.6 version, you know 2H build is rare (exception bar WW), they are lacking survival conditional, shield provide : block, abs, def, res... without shield you will have many disadvantages. I think HP bonus is not enough, maybe more AR ? i saw in a mod that 2H weapon always give % CB, this is good idea (so remove % CB fom 1H weapon ?)
- Neft Armegaddon, a good Druid with good item will easily kill all Boss, Metoer dam is extremely huge, just walking and Boss die. With Oak sage Fire Druid has >8k HP in late, or 9k, depend on his item.
- All summon units need more power, like abs/block/regen...
- Chargeup - Ass still worst, low dps - no chance to surrive, can you make charge-up does not require to hit monster to get charge ? just only attack into space
- Dragon claw is bad, delay between each attack is long, i think 3-4 hit/time is better
- Venom still bad
- Amazon Magic/Cold/Fire arrow are not good, i think they need like multishot or some good effect
- Poison skill is horrible, even you have 300k dam. -100% poison res, your char still suck, why ? because the monster absort, poison lengh reduce, poison res, the result is only 1-5% dam apply (for many second), useless in late nightmare and all hell
- Druid bearform is totally trash : i play this HU mod 1.5-1.6-1.7-1.8-1.9-2.0-2.1... i see there is no pure bear (some guy is bear but use Zeal), Frostbite/Fireclaw is not good (not aoe, very low physical dam to hp stolen), werebear is need more powerful, like dam reduction...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:49 am 

Here are some more ideas how to make 2hands comparable choice.

+ more dmg..!
+ Chance to hit
+ FHR
+ Defense
+ Critical chance

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:48 am 

DoubtFuLMind wrote:

+ more dmg..!
+ Chance to hit
+ FHR
+ Defense
+ Critical chance

Playing my Barb I found balance between 2handers and 1handers is fine. We have weapon switch for a reason and I have S/S on one and Maul on the other.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:50 am 

Ensley03 wrote:

Added?
Removed?
Nerfed?
Buffed?

Give examples and arguments for why you feel something isn't right or could be better.

I find optional bosses are too difficult to be worth it.
Trash is way easy and then there is no scale up to a boss, so people who aren't regulars don't realize how much they should be gearing up for challenges. Then optional bosses are too hard without the reward (easier to MF of trash IMO) and so people just skip them all together.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:35 pm 

Necromancer:
-Bone armor should be the way it was before, with tons more defense and damage absorb. (no passive wand skill though) It was loads of fun having tons of def just from that. Why was bone prison/wall nerfed? feels almost pointless when I used it.

-Summons should have more defense. Seems like they die in a jiffy, even to weak trash. Why does it seem like golems don't have ele absorb anymore?

Bosses:

Remove boss teleports except for Ardual. Also remove teleports from wyrms or anything similar. As a bone necro it is basically pointless to fire shots at Tobial. Remove all enemy teleports that appear on top of you. It is insanely stupid to deal with, not fun.

Remove the FOH and "rocks falling" counters from Smith. I remember him having Holy Fire aura or something like that? and Bash? Act 1 bosses should be easier! Big fat melee characters like him should not have magic abilities, it seems inappropriate and way too far from the original game. Remove FOH from any bosses, it is unfair. I got one-shot killed by council. Enemy magic damage should be nerfed a little.

Overall, enemy elemental damage should be lowered. Shouldn't be one-shot killed even when you have 75 resist.

Act 5 lichs are overpowered, meteor and blizzard should be nerfed.

Everything else was fine I thought. Can't think of anything else right now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:04 am 

Totally agree with removing teleportations from random bosses .... honestly there are so many designs that are in the mod for the sake of "challenge"... and it blows my mind how u guys dont see that by doing that you removed everything that is related to *things have to make sense in some extend*. Adding teleport to random bosses just for the sake of it doesnt make the mod look better, it makes the mod look cheaper.
I would suggest, if u want to make the mod more appealing, try to add more meaning to its content.. nough said.....

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:16 am 

Gobo wrote:
DoubtFuLMind wrote:

+ more dmg..!
+ Chance to hit
+ FHR
+ Defense
+ Critical chance

Playing my Barb I found balance between 2handers and 1handers is fine. We have weapon switch for a reason and I have S/S on one and Maul on the other.

- 2H weapon is only useful for bar not Druid, Ama, Pal.. Spearazon is always bad in any HU version

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:17 am 

nguyentai44 wrote:
Gobo wrote:
DoubtFuLMind wrote:

+ more dmg..!
+ Chance to hit
+ FHR
+ Defense
+ Critical chance

- 2H weapon is only useful for bar not Druid, Ama, Pal.. Spearazon is always bad in any HU version

the bear druid I've been with always uses a 2hander?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:11 am 

[quote=the bear druid I've been with always uses a 2hander?[/quote]
Spear Bear Druid is good, but what skill he use ? Fireclaw ? Frostbite ? is it popular ? is it good in hell ?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: ravens too powerful????
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:15 am 

THE RAVENS are always cannot be killed! That makes druid so powerful that 8 druids plays too easy! 80 ravens,think about it!!!

i wonder if this kind of situation will be changed in the next version?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:53 am 

nguyentai44 wrote:
[quote=the bear druid I've been with always uses a 2hander?

Spear Bear Druid is good, but what skill he use ? Fireclaw ? Frostbite ? is it popular ? is it good in hell ?[/quote]

He doesn't use a spear. He does fine in hell, bosses are hard because he lacks mobility. He uses maul.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:20 pm 

Gobo wrote:
nguyentai44 wrote:
[quote=the bear druid I've been with always uses a 2hander?

Spear Bear Druid is good, but what skill he use ? Fireclaw ? Frostbite ? is it popular ? is it good in hell ?

He doesn't use a spear. He does fine in hell, bosses are hard because he lacks mobility. He uses maul.[/quote]
i mean 2H weapon is not useful much

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:00 pm 

Toning down some teleporting bosses is probably fine. Removing it is a bad idea. Wyrm teleport is nothing to really be complained about imo. It never has been much of an issue. It can only get close to bad if you have multiple champs and/or uniques. Even then, it isn't as bad as folks are making out.

Saying 2handers are weak is laughable.
Spearzons prolly do need some help, but I am pretty unfamiliar with them.

Toning down the FoH casting rates a little is probably fine. I see no reason to remove them outright.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:48 am 

kramuti wrote:
Toning down some teleporting bosses is probably fine. Removing it is a bad idea. Wyrm teleport is nothing to really be complained about imo. It never has been much of an issue. It can only get close to bad if you have multiple champs and/or uniques. Even then, it isn't as bad as folks are making out.

Saying 2handers are weak is laughable.
Spearzons prolly do need some help, but I am pretty unfamiliar with them.

Toning down the FoH casting rates a little is probably fine. I see no reason to remove them outright.

Reduce chance to teleport is better
I want there is more build that : 2handers can vs boss, now only Bar ww

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:56 pm 

Ensley03 wrote:

Added?
Removed?
Nerfed?
Buffed?

Things I'd like to see added to the game:

Really Powerful rares. One of the best thing about playing D2 Pre-LOD was the fact that rare items were the dominant item type. On Battle.net Everyone's avatar looked wildly different based on the rare items they had. As a nod to the good old days, I'd like to see a version of HU where rares are prominently used, even through to end game.

Crafts should be even more powerful than rares to allow for greater optimization of characters and further accentuate the diversity of player avatars.

A few really powerful sets for end-game would be nice too. At least two sets for each class would be ideal. I also think the fullset glow effect for Immortal King, Tal Rasha, Grizwold, etc. looked really cool. The fade worked for Natalya's.

Also, there should be a cube recipe to make items etheral or make etheral items solid. Make it cost a zod rune if you have to. Just make it so.

Things I'd like to see removed from the game:

Leech resistance/ Physical Immunity on bosses. Playing a melee character has always sucked in HU. If you're playing a barbarian or a zealer paladin or a shifter druid, getting in the face of an act boss in HU has been suicide in most versions of the game, due to counter-attacks and their near-immunity (unless you don't have access to amp damage in which case it is actual immunity) to physical damage. As a result, on the Hardcore ladders over the years, most of the only builds that make it to the top are summoner builds and pretty much any build that DOESN'T get in melee.

I'd like to see Melee viable in HU HC, even into the end of Hell difficulty.

Maybe these mechanics don't need to be removed entirely, for fear of making what is supposed to be a challenging mod too easy, but maybe they need to be nerfed or given an internal cool-down.

Things I'd like to see nerfed in the game:

The damage dealt by certain spells and mobs is way out of proportion to the amount of health and resistance available to players. A fallen shaman hitting you with a fireball in the blood moor should not take 85% of your health.

Things I'd like to see buffed:

If you insist on having the mobs deal truck loads of damage, at least restore the resistance cap back to 75%, rather than 50%. Maybe even consider adding the maximum resistance on items at end-game to compensate.

Overall, I would really like to see all of the classes buffed in some way. I'd like to see each class get a few good 1 pointer skills where they can just drop a point in to reap a moderate benefit, particularly the passive skills. I think the active skills work best when they scale with level and don't require 20 or 40 hard points in some arbitrary synergy to be useful.

I'd really like to see the game given a more epic feel. I'd like to get the feeling that I am playing a powerful character against powerful monsters, and to get that feeling fairly early in the game (like level 20-30).

Other changes I'd like to see:

As few synergies as possible. Many different and viable builds for each class. I'd like to see redundant skills either buffed or done away with. And for the love of the Ancients, if you're gonna give the IK set a weapon, please make it a Thunder Maul, not an Ogre Maul.

/rant

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:57 pm 

Having rares rule the world, and then allowing crafting mods on top is iffy at best. We had very strong crafts comparatively to what they have been over the last few patches. There are 2 main issues. The mods can get very absurd, and it is behind a gem/gold wall at best. Shopping to win? Nty.

Having a few best in show sets means all others are deemed useless. Don't think so? Look at how even a few of the uniques that fit this bill are/have been looked at.

Removing leech resistance makes things trivial to melee. Sorry, but this has been well tested numerous times. The outcome is always the same. Even with leech resistance, most patches have been totally tameable with melee.

Epic characters don't come to be at level 30. Nor should the be. You should have your base started, and it (in most cases) should be effective, not 'i am king of the world even though i can barely swing a sword'.

We did no synergies. It's worse, not better, both in terms of balance and overall diversity. There have been numerous attempts to make hybrids very viable in most cases. It led to significant issues which are easy to revisit if you so choose.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:17 am 

Good posts so far. I agree with at least some of what each of you say. Kramuti is right about it's just better to have synergies for the majority of things. There are going to be some polls posted in the HU discord soon - it probably has higher traffic these days than the forums. If you're not in the discord, join now and we'll see how the response is for polls and discussions there. https://discord.gg/wmVw8fe

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:09 am 

kramuti wrote:
Removing leech resistance makes things trivial to melee. Sorry, but this has been well tested numerous times. The outcome is always the same. Even with leech resistance, most patches have been totally tameable with melee.

What is the penalty of leech in hell, 1/3? What is the penalty verse bosses on top of that?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:43 pm 

Drain values should be adjusted to be more consistent but having all penalties removed would turn melee into hold-left-click-and-afk game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:23 pm 

To clarify, teleportation is fine as long as the enemy does not appear directly on top of the player, and it is infrequent. The Maggot-style tele is a good example. Instead of having tele counters on bosses, why not just add the "teleportation mod" to certain bosses?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:28 pm 

Ensley03 wrote:
Drain values should be adjusted to be more consistent but having all penalties removed would turn melee into hold-left-click-and-afk game.

Chance you could answer my question on what is the HU leech penalties

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:23 pm 

Lifesteal & Manasteal is 1/2 in Norm, 1/3 in NM, 1/4 in Hell
For those who don't know, this means that a weapon with 12% Lifesteal actually steals 6% in Norm, 4% in NM, and 3% in Hell, assuming the monster can be leached from at all (most undead are unleachable, i.e. their leech effectiveness is 0%)

That % can be further reduced by the leech effectiveness (e.g. 33% effectiveness means 1/3 the leach (e.g. the 12% weapon actually steals 2%, 1.3%, 1%)). I didn't check closely, but it looks like most Trash have leech effectiveness of either 100% or 0% in all difficulties.

Code:
Leech effectiveness                     Norm   NM    Hell
All ActBosses                            25%   20%   15%
Berserkers, Wyrms, Seraphims, Mariliths  33%   33%   25%
Tobial (before Andy)                     75%   33%   25%
Thrak (before Duriel)                    66%   33%   25%
Mithia (before Mephisto)                 20%   15%   15%
Lazarus (before Diablo)                  33%   33%   25%
Baphoment, Asmodeus, Glasya (pre-Baal)   25%   25%   20%
The Ancients                             25%   25%   20%

That aside, the Teleport-to-player effect is just DragonFlight (non-assassins don't get to kick when they use this), so if folks want a compromise of keeping the Teleport effect but making this easier for Ranged builds, then they could change DragonFlight to Teleport. Another issue with DragonFlight is that it's pretty easily abused by Hydra and some Traps, since the boss will teleport away from the player and onto the thing that actually scored the hit (very handy if you played a Blaze Sorc, since 1-pt Hydra gave you something that could pin the Boss down in a Blaze patch).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:50 am 

Brevan wrote:
Lifesteal & Manasteal is 1/2 in Norm, 1/3 in NM, 1/4 in Hell
For those who don't know, this means that a weapon with 12% Lifesteal actually steals 6% in Norm, 4% in NM, and 3% in Hell, assuming the monster can be leached from at all (most undead are unleachable, i.e. their leech effectiveness is 0%)

That % can be further reduced by the leech effectiveness (e.g. 33% effectiveness means 1/3 the leach (e.g. the 12% weapon actually steals 2%, 1.3%, 1%)). I didn't check closely, but it looks like most Trash have leech effectiveness of either 100% or 0% in all difficulties.

If I WW/BASH with 10-20k damage and have a nice big 30% life leech, that means I'm leeching for 110-225 on each hit. If account for the bosses DR%, Block, and the max 95% hit... each time I swing I average 75 life leech. If I'm lucky I'm hitting 2-3 times a second on a boss given that I'm going to be moving around and dodging accounts at the same time. However, with 10k life a potion is going to be giving me 1k life per second healing, making the life leech seem moot. This is all if I can get to 30% life leech while wearing all the required absorb gear. More realistically with absorb gear I'd have a little less damage and less life leech making the life leech unnoticeable.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:30 pm 

My feedback: roll back to 1.21z/1.3 days plus some QoL changes. This poor mod has been thrown through the ringer with a half dozen modders over the years, all with different visions for it. Not dismissing any work done out of love for the mod, but goddamn it's been a long time since we had some stability. But my opinion don't mean much, I haven't run through a full ladder in 5+ yrs. Probably just nostalgia talking. I do run SP on the older patches and always enjoy myself until I realize what makes HU was the team play. Anyway.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:41 am 

There has been so much added to the game since blue left, much less Soulmancer that it would feel weird to start that far back.

I wholly agree that their needs to be some stability on the aims. More particularly, by those that still understand the original aims in terms of how the game actually plays.

A good number of the veteran players (ya by now a lot more fit into this category, but hopefully we understood who is meant...and others are not offended by now) have made clear their very strong opinions of who should be allowed to send anything to Duff at all.

But, as you have said, even those same, very well respected members often went pretty far astray from the original intent. It probably had to be done, honestly. So that we actually do have something to compare against.

Those that were involved in the 1.3s hopefully remember how heated it got amongst many. We lost several established members then, and usually a few every patch since. This isn't the best track record.

When those that haven't been here for eternity have taken a stab, it has generally been seen as too light in difficulty for those that understand many of the obscure mechanics.

We have tried damn near every version of 1) let one person take all the flack 2) do it as a team that is hand picked 'by those that matter' 3) a few came out of gd knowwhere, dumped on us AWESOMENESS in some regard (Baerk, I am looking at you) and then disappeared back into the mist, 4) expanded on what one did by another to make it something wholly different. 5) Had VERY heavy work done to the files to make it cleaner, fix metric shittons of errors, add new base stats and skills to both bosses and players (Brevan, PureRage esp in this regard).

We have taken at least 3 cracks at hybrid builds, including total removal of synergies.

I think the aims of this patch are pretty good. It needs some polish in the end, but at least it is headed in the right direction. Mrawskrad's patches have been very enjoyable over all to me when I have had the chance to play them in earnest.

Most of the ideas that people are submitting in this thread have been tried. They all fell flat. Please don't revisit shit that didn't work because you think you have the answer. You don't. (no offense).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:33 pm 

Boss tower in Tal Rasha's Tomb should be nerfed. I was fighting it last night and it was teleporting around the room with frost balls that kill in 2 hits.

Why is Horadric Ring level 20 but it is craftable in act 3 normal?
Why is Zakarum Amulet level 60 but it is craftable in act 3 nightmare?
These two items should be buffed, their strength doesn't match the work to get them.

Trash mobs could have a little more defense. Such a joke to mow down entire screens in seconds.

In Swampy Pit Level 3, the Shaman King's death leaves a patch of fire that killed me in 3 seconds. glitch?

Remove the frost balls from the Maggot Boss and replace with poison jav or something similar? makes more sense for a bug in a pit.

The cold boss in Chaos Sanctuary is way too hard, could barely fight him. The other two chaos bosses were fine.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:37 pm 

That's awesome feedback thanks.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:07 pm 

Need more feedback regarding the current state of skills and damage.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:49 am 

Guardian Fireball at least on hell is dumb
So is the poison from Defilers in WSK3 and vaults
Armageddon damage scales too much with +skills I think

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:29 pm 

Theres a considerable imbalance in the game damage/hp-wise. Bosses deal absurd amounts of damage. Combine that with the lag on the servers and you get a living nightmare.

First of all, reduce the lag on the servers. Theres a constant 300-500ms. Every once in a while theres 100ms but that is very rare. Reduce the latency by at least 50%. I know its not 100% up to you, but please do what you can. Or if theres nothing you can do, then its time to make a new server/host. Or if thats not an option either, then this mod is done.

Secondly, to deal with the imbalance I mentioned. I have 3 suggestions;
1) Reduce the damage bosses do by at least 50%.
2) Increase the HP for players by at least 100%.
3) Gives boss abilities cast delays. Normal: 12 sec delay on abilities. NM: 10 sec. Hell: 7-8 sec.
Of these 3 options, I think #3 would be the best option because this way bosses would retain their kill potential while making the fights with them A WHOLE LOT MORE CONSISTENT. The lack of consistency kills 2.1

Moreover, there is one really annoying thing in the game. I have no term for it so let me just explain what happens. When a boss retaliates, it briefly freezes player movement. Im not sure if it freezes other actions too, but it does freeze movement for about 0.3 sec. This does not happen all the time but it happens way too often.
My latest observation:
Double Throw Barb vs Statue of Torn Faces; I throw at the statue and immediately prompt my character to walk to another spot to avoid a potential retaliate barrage. Im not doing anything else, just watching my character walk. As soon as the double throw hits and the retaliate of the statue procs, my character stops in his tracks. Sometimes he stops for about 0.1-0.3 sec and then continues with my latest command, while at other times he stops completely. This basically fucks micro/macro in the face.

Furthermore, Maggot Queen is bugged. 100% confirmed. Went to her in single player and I kept being damaged and interrupted by (seemingly) nothing. On the realm I thought it was the lag but then it became way too distorted, like no rhyme or reason. Tried fighting her in single player, same thing kept happening. If I had to guess, I'd say its impale causes this disruption. Im talking about the subterranean spike attack. Im not sure if that is an autoattack, an active ability or a retaliate move on the Maggot Queen's part, but it does feel like it damages/interrupts as soon as it goes off instead of when it lands. What this means is, it makes that move an undodgeable move even though it has a travelling speed and animation as if it were a ranged attack. It is completely fucked up. I suggest you check how that attack works and figure out where you messed up. If you cant find the fuck up, remove that attack from the game.

Another very annoying thing is that enemies can too easily interrupt the player. It is ridiculous. Especially when a boss does it. Im not sure if you gave a "chance to interrupt" factor to a lot of abilities or abilities interrupt by default provided they remove a player's certain % of max HP. If it is the latter, then you have yet another reason why you should reduce the damage bosses do. The perma interrupts make the game unplayable, completely unfair and unenjoyable.
To balance the game out, I suggest you reduce the damage bosses do and give them more health in exchange. Oh and, for fucks sake, dont give behemoths the extra fast modifier or gap closing abilities. Yep, you guessed it, Im talking about The Juggernaut and Wyrms here in particular (though Im sure there are other examples too). The Juggernaut should not have the extra fast modifier, but if you ask me, he shouldnt havet he extra strong either. Wyrms, considering the fact theyre behemoths, shouldnt have Dragon Talon moves (or whatever the fuck they do to teleport you and smack you from behind). AND ALL THIS leads to another problem to be pointed out...

So there is this really stupid thing you implemented; bosses teleporting left and right. My younger brother was taken to the hospital cos he got an epileptic seizure due to the constant teleporting of bosses (kidding + sarcasm, but you get the idea). Just stop this bullshit. Tobial has Dragon Talon too. Simply stupid. He's a druid of some sort for fucks sake, not an assassin.

Ive barely scratched the surface with all of the above but what I mean to say is that it is painfully clear that this mod shouldnt have been released in its current state. Id wager it hadnt been tested (at all/thoroughly enough) before it was released...

Having said all that, 2.1 has HUGE potential. It could be (will be if it ever gets balanced) an amazing mod. 2.1 is a much more fast-paced mod than its predecessors and its dynamics are actually amazing. Dont think Ive only noticed the bad things but this thread is about things we think are not right. Please, for all our sakes, balance the mod out and make it more consistent. Use my suggestions (or anybody else's) if you have to but please, make this nightmare stop. It is a torture that I keep wanting to play it cos I love it but then I keep stopping playing it after 20 minutes cos I hate it. Thats not how gaming is/should be. Why can I not spend hours and hours on end playing this mod? Why do I keep yelling, cursing and swearing and wanting to just quit and delete it? And Im sure Im not the only one who feels that way...

Be well!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:33 pm 

no key drop in a1 for los

Offline Profile