Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:10 am

Post subject: 1.9 probably didn't use the correct base patch
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:08 am 

If you played 1.7 then you remember how bloated monster hp felt. When I made patch 1.8 I combined patch 1.5 with 1.7 because 1.7 introduced a lot of cool things. Now, 1.8 had some issues, such as a lot of skills had very low damage and monster hp was really bloated compared to the way HU was pre 1.7. The patch files I posted on here back in December fixed these problems. I boosted all skill damage so everything felt pretty good to play and I reduced trash monster HP. It felt like old HU again.

Where am I going with this? You may have noticed trash monster hp in 1.9 feels super bloated like it did in 1.7 and 1.8. You may also wonder why only a few spells actually feel strong, like charged bolt sentry. If you play the 1.9 test files I posted then you will notice a huge difference in trash monster hp and spell damage from the current live patch.

Look at the change log from the post I made in december: http://forum.arimyth.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26145

Rubies should give flat life in 1.9, but they don't
Druid oak and barb BO should only give flat life in 1.9 but they don't
CE and Dsentry should have reduced damage in 1.9 (should be about 33%) but they don't
Base lycan hp% should be 35% in 1.9, but it isn't
Conviction should be -10% base instead of -5%, but it isn't

etc....

Just read the 1.9 test file change log. None of those changes are in the current patch and there is no mention of it in the current patch notes. It seems that the current patch was built from the broken 1.8 instead of the fixed 1.8 files I posted in December named "1.9 test files"

It's a broken patch built from a broken patch.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: 1.9 probably didn't use the correct base patch
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:19 am 

the base spawn was changed by ensley to 300%. this makes most builds feel like crap before lvl 70. idk what all was changed but it does seem like theres a lot of different flavors from patches past mixed in together.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:24 am 

Pious wrote:
the base spawn was changed by ensley to 300%. this makes most builds feel like crap before lvl 70. idk what all was changed but it does seem like theres a lot of different flavors from patches past mixed in together.

My 1.9 files were 300% base spawn too so that CB wasnt super strong, but I adjusted the hp tables to account for that. The current patch based on 1.8 does not have the adjusted monster hp tables.

Download and play on the 1.9 test files I posted and you'll see the huge difference in spell damage and monster HP especially endgame.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:33 am 

I just looked through the current 1.9 txt files and it is 100% based upon 1.8 instead of the 1.9 test files.

hp tables/xp tables/spell damage/etc everything that was wrong with 1.8 is still wrong because Einsley used the wrong base patch.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:57 pm 

well since you where afk and ppl were asking for a reset .. ensley told us he would use your 1.9 files and fixe a few issue that were missing and put this live ... so we all said yes to that reset and were really hyped about it. but the more i read the more i realized that it is not exactly what happened? so we will have to wait an other years to have the correct patch going on the realm ?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:09 pm 

Depends on what people want and Duff.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:37 am 

Mrawskrad wrote:
Depends on what people want and Duff.

i cant tell what ppl want but. i believe that if we keep a bad balanced patch going live what will happen once again is: since we are hyped about that reset no complain wont happen until 1 month and then everything will start to fall appart and we will end up having no one playing and be stuck wit a wrong patch for month.

since weve been told that 1.9 missing FIX was been done over your Files and was going LIVE and this is not wat happened. id say we reset this Now before to late !!!!

lets reset this and have a well balanced patch going for months intead of a broken 1 !!!!!

+1 to reset ( sorry DuFF !!! thx for keeping this mode alive man )

if you guys feel the same ... its the good time to let the words out !

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:03 am 

+4 for the fix and reset!

peca, mth, ares and myself.

Don't worry, we already talked about this, I can speak in everyones name.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:41 am 

The patch with the op grizzly bear was reset after a few days. Just to end up with overpowered absorb jewels and 99% vendor prices reduced from wirt's.
With 40 all absorb I was able to solo diablo with my zealer in an 8-player game and with a single left click. That was a really broken patch compared to the one we have now.
To me 1.7 monster felt a lot worse than 1.9.
While I didn't play 1.7 for long because it was too frustrating duelling fallens in hell actually I didn't feel like monster HP in 1.9 was a big issue. But then again, maybe I didn't notice breezing through the game with death and charged bolt sentry.
I highly doubt that your patch will be perfect. But I'm happy to give it a go.
For me HU just like Diablo2 is all about the journey, the endgame quickly gets stale. Reset +1

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:48 am 

Yeah 1.6 was a huge mess too.

Death sentry + CB sentry are really OP now. Assassins in general are so ridiculous right now. Like why did clawblock get buffed? Seriously? If you played another build then you would really notice the huge HP on trash and the weak skill damage endgame.

My patch is closer to original HU than the last 3 patches have been. Trash mobs aren't a grind, but they can still be a threat. Bosses are a lot stronger than they currently are and require preparation to take down instead of just equipping angelic sword or dropping a charged bolt sentry.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:53 pm 

I would support a 2nd wipe if duff is willing. this version is incredibly sloppy especially with monster and item balance. start a poll and pm duff!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:35 am 

Mrawskrad wrote:
Yeah 1.6 was a huge mess too.

Death sentry + CB sentry are really OP now. Assassins in general are so ridiculous right now. Like why did clawblock get buffed? Seriously? If you played another build then you would really notice the huge HP on trash and the weak skill damage endgame.

My patch is closer to original HU than the last 3 patches have been. Trash mobs aren't a grind, but they can still be a threat. Bosses are a lot stronger than they currently are and require preparation to take down instead of just equipping angelic sword or dropping a charged bolt sentry.

DS and CB trap has always been strong at killing trash mobs, but never safe to use on bosses. Infact, it's kind of weaker than previous patches in some ways.

CB's HUGE downside is that it causes far too many boss counters, which makes it not a viable boss killer and an extremely dangerous skill to use. Infact a well placed cb trap can actually crash to desktop from all the counters it causes at once.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:32 pm 

Pious wrote:
I would support a 2nd wipe if duff is willing. this version is incredibly sloppy especially with monster and item balance. start a poll and pm duff!

i would start a poll but my english is pretty bad so why dont you do it !!! ill vote for it as soon as it is posted!

Offline Profile