Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:10 am

Post subject: Community Patch website
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:34 pm 

To keep things visible to the community, all changes are being posted here:

http://blue.arimyth.com/patch.html

All item adjustments posted there are what is going to be in the patch, so please review them and provide feedback while I edit the text files.

Items still to do:

1. Compile PureRage & Steel's changes and put them on this website.
2. Adjust bows, crossbows & throwing weapons, and runewords (partially done)

Projected date for patch release is Dec 21st unless Duffbeer says otherwise.

Incidentally, you may notice some broken graphics on the item pages. Many of those are due to the new item designs that will be implemented with this patch. No point in ruining the surprise, I will let people find the items on the realm and see the new styles :)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Community Patch website
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:38 pm 

If you want replenish on weapons and class items/diadems in shops pm me the latest armor.txt and weapons.txt. I'm open for other changes.
Also - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=437 is this all fixed? Could be a good time to fix it once and for all.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:01 pm 

Great! I am really looking forward to it; Dec 21 is clooose! :3 Thank you for all the work, Blue. We need to make a statue for you. :]

Btw I have to ask: will daggers get a higher durability? You suggest the use of daggers for Sorcs and Necros on the page, but if daggers keep that ridiculously low durability, they won't be used, just like they aren't used now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:05 pm 

Steel - good call on the items from that post. Will see what I can get fixed in there. I will be working with you on the armor/wpn.txt files to get those items implemented.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:54 pm 

Gems Commentary
Emerald - Moonstone in shield should reduce poison by 24% rather than 22%.
Topaz - ThunderPrism in weapons should have MaxDamage of 800 rather than 600 (This will match Ruby average damage, like other tiers of Topaz).
Skull - In Shields, consider replacing OpenWounds (not an effective mod in HU due ot high monster HP) with Replenish Life (still not effective due to higher player HP, but better). Thanks for adjusting Replenish life in Armor and Hats.

Rune Commentary
Pul - In Armor and Hat, consider +33 Replenish Life rather than +20. This will match skulls of similar level.
Um - In Weapons, consider 35%ED with 25% OWounds, currently it is 25%ED with 25% OWounds. Eth has 20%ED with the very nice -25%Def. Personally, I view OWounds only as a way to prevent monster regen.
Jah - In Weapons, consider adding -33%Def or -50%Def. ITDefence is less effective in HU due to more numerous boss-flagged creatures that are only affected by -%Def. Think of -50%Def as doubling your chance to hit (if your chance to hit is less than 33%), or halving your chance to miss (if your chance to hit is more than 66%).

Crafting Commentary
Consider adding information from http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3873083&postcount=10. Particularly the level requirement of the final item and the Chances for 1-4 mods occuring.
Diamond
1) Rings now have Prayer aura, so you can remove the comment near the table Title that they do not have an aura.
2) Shields FistOfHeavens level and chance to cast is not balanced relative to Topaz Shield. Consider raising the Diamond Shield.
3) All Elite items have 200-400% ED to Undead and Demons. This is quite a large amount of SkillED, was this intended? Considering current glass-cannon chars get SkillED around 2000%, even they would experience nearly a 33% damage boost from just a couple diamond crafts. Consider reducing this to about 1/3, e.g. 30-60%, 60-100%, 100-150%
Ruby
1) Helm and Gloves typo, replace "Damge Reduced" with "Damage Reduced"
Emerald
1) Rings ResistAll should probably be reduced by 1/2 to better match resistances on other items in the patch.
Topaz
1) Consider removing %ED and replacing with %IAS with tiers 10-20, 20-30, 30-40. This will promote using Topaz Weapons in IM areas.
Saphire
1) Helm and Boots have a suggested change in your footnotes, consider putting those two changes forward for implementation.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:05 pm 

Change TFK to staves.

You boosted it to +5, and it has oskill hurricane, conviction aura, and you get to have high blocking and other goodies like fade on spirit ward? This is balance?

A more interesting change to Aldurs set I thought of awhile back-

only 2 changes

change the weapon to giant thresher
give conviction aura for full set

Net result is a decent set for melee druid, caster druid, and to boost a3 merc. Changing it to gloves and ditching the weapon has created a totally boring set.

The +20 Armageddon on Armageddon is like 1200 dmg. Totally pointless without charge bug (add charges of firestorm or fissure or don't bother with this nonsense mod)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:37 am 

I see you are making str more important and taking away skill charms. By eliminating skill charms and clearing up that inv space people can now use life GC's to make up for the vitality they won't be loading up. Won't this over power characters that use str for there attacks?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:23 am 

Sets Commentary

Aldur's Watchtower
1) This set has -10%FireRes and -10%ColdRes for wearing 3 peices, but has -20%PoisRes for wearing 2 peices. Is this imbalance (getting more for less) justified by more than the fact that monsters have higher pois res on average?
2) Consider replacing the Full Set bonus +33%IAS with 10%, 15%, or 20% SlowTarget. I understand that Druids which attack (shapeshifters) do not benefit from IAS. Alternatively, consider swapping this mod to the 2-piece partial set bonus and +30ReplenishLife to the Full Set bonus (this way non-druids could use a couple Aldur's pieces for IAS).
3) Consider adding 30%ResPois to the gloves (there is no pois res before completing the set)

Bul-Kathos' Children
1) Consider adding 2 or 3 sockets to each sword. Currently they look alright if a player were looking for a fast, non-eth, 450%ED sword without the mods available on crafts, but these lack the 4 sockets available to rares and crafts.
2) The Colosus Sword gains +50ARating for 2 pieces, was this intended, or was it meant to be 500?
3) With consideration of (2) above, consider removing that mod on the colossus sword, as well as the Full Set Bonus +100%ARating, and add Full Set Bonus +500ARating. This way the large +%ARating of all barb skills will combine with the full-set bonus and help both swords.

Elemental Set
1) Odd situation, Critter's site and your Patch Site show this set as having +1AllSkills as a full set bonus, but in HUv1.21z this set has +2AllSkills as a full set bonus. I can't tell if you intend to reduce this (it's not written in red text), but I can't see a reason to do so.
2) Thanks for Nova onAttack. For anyone curious, with 5% onAttack, there's a 50% chance of casting within 13 attacks, which seems fine to me.

Griswold's Legacy
1) Consider changing the Shield 3-piece bonus from 5% lvl3 FArmor onStruck to either +200 ARating or +100% ARating. Level 3 FArmor is +150% EDef, while the paladin probably has around +1000% EDef from HShield already (so less than 14% change with FArmor).
2) The weapon requirements should be 143Str and 0Dex.

Heaven's Brethren
1) Weapon damage and dex requirement are incorrect. With full set equipped on a lvl 100 character, the weapon damage should be 94-310. For a level 68 character, this weapon does 47-191, at lvl 82 (full set) it does 94-274. The weapon requires zero dex. The damage is relatively low, but that might be a benefit in IM areas (consider redesigning the weapon around this).
2) This set has 4 pieces, yet some partial set bonuses are for 4 and 5 pieces being worn. These should be changed to "Full Set Equipped" or "Full Set Bonus"
3) Consider reducing the shield from level 82 (A5NM) to level 60(A5Norm) or68(A2NM). The shield is the only item above level 68, but does not have any mods that justify the high level.
4) Consider adding 3 sockets and Indistructible to the weapon, it seems pretty fast so might be used by elemental melee builds.
5) Consider changing the Full Set Bonus +100%EDef to +300%EDef. The defence of the armor, shield, and helm of this set are low as it is, so this change won't overpower it around level 60 (assuming point (3) is implemented). For comparison, Saphire-Craft armor around level 60 has lvl 12 FArmor (+375%EDef and 6dr/mdr).

Hwanin's Majesty
1) The armor has 3% cast lvl 30 StaticField onStruck (50% chance of casting within 23 hits and does about 160 dmg). Consider raising to 3% cast lvl 70 StaticField onStruck (does about 500 dmg). I think the only class that could abuse this is StaticSorc builds, but they probably don't want to take 23 hits just for a 50% chance of casting a high level StaticField.
2) On the weapon, consider replacing 10% lvl 10 IceBlast (90dmg, 5sec Freeze) onAttack with lvl 10 GlacialSpike (110dmg, 3sec Freeze). For anyone curious, at 10% onAttack, this is a 50% chance of freezing a group within 7 attacks.
3) Consider reducing the level of the hat from 64 to about 50 or 55 (this hat is basically the same as Naj's circlet, but 20 levels higher). That way this set could be worn around A5 norm.

Immortal King
1) On the Boots, consider replacing the 2-piece bonus or 50%MF with +20Str. The justification is that the player already had 208Str to use the boots (no other items below this give strength), while +20 on the boots allows them to use the Weapon, and an additional +4Str will let them use the armor). Even with 3xEtherStone (45Str) in the hat, the barb still needs 176Str to wear the set.
2) On the Belt, consider replacing 25%ED with either 40DR (to match the Full Set Bonus 40MDR) or 25DR (since this bonus doesn't require the full set it would be smaller). Currently this set has no DR, and the 12%LLeach doesn't occur until 4 pieces are worn.
3) I was going to mention that about 90%ResAll seemed low for a level 88 set with 6 pieces (7 slots), but I guess the +Masteries going to NaturalResistances should make it alright.

M'avina's Battle Hymn
1) On the belt, consider setting the Partial Set bonus to 10%Slow (2-piece), 25%ResAll (3-piece), +20%PoisDmg (4-piece). Justification is that the armor now has +20%LitDmg (4-piece), but nothing has +20%PoisDmg.
2) Consider one of the following: adding a 3rd socket to the Bow (presumably for a -%Res Gem), adding a 3rd socket to the armor (for a facet), or giving the bow -20%FireRes and -20%ColdRes instead of -10% of each. Justification is that -40%Res is relatively low for what is essentially a caster-build, especially considering the average elemental resistance of Hell critters is around 80%.
3) On the Partial Set Bonus, consider replacing +33%RegenMana (4-piece) with +15ManaPerKill (4-piece). For comparison, FreezingArrow costs 15 mana at lvl 28, and ImmoArrow at lvl 30. Mana per Kill is nice for undead areas.

Naj's Ancient
1) Consider swapping the base items for Naj's hat (would now be a grand crown) and Hwannin's Hat (would now be a circlet). This allows the set piece's level requirements to be more consistent with their sets.
2) If point (1) is implemented, and Naj's hat becomes around level 64-70, then consider giving it +2AllSkills instead of +1 (the full set would now give +7AllSkills, which to me seems fine for 4 gear slots and a level 80 set)
3) If I forget, please remind me to review this set once you have made changes to the staff. I understand that Elite staves will be changed with either high strength requirements, or low damage suitable for zero strength requirements (hopefully a bit of both).

Natalya's Odium
1) This set has 4 pieces, yet some Partial Set Bonuses are for 4 pieces. These should be changed to "Full Set Bonus"
2) On the weapon, consider replacing ITDefence with -50%EnemyDef. Alternatively, on any off-weapon piece, consider adding +200ARating (4-pieces). Justification is that MArts Assassins shouldn't have trouble hitting trash (CoShadows could be used), but the set has very little to help them hit bosses (+100%ARating as Full Set Bonus won't make a large impact compared to their skill +%ARating)

Orphan's Call
1) This set used to be remembered as "the set with lots of Crushing Blow", but currently it doesn't seem to emphasize anything. I think it should be redesigned to emphasize something. Since the shield slot is taken, this set might be used to emphasize javazons, low-dmg melee (e.g. FClaws), or perhaps DeadlyStrike (so this set would convert a low-dmg 1-H weapon into a high-dmg melee).
2) For any design from (1), I would add 3 or 4 sockets to the helm (balances it with Naj and Hwannin hat).
3) For DeadlyStrike theme I would do the following:
3.1) Remove 5% DeadlyStrike from hat
3.2) Change gloves from 20%IAS to 30%IAS or 40%IAS
3.3) Change gloves from 20%FRWalk (3-pieces) to 30%FRW or 40%FRW (3-pieces)
3.4) Remove Partial Set Bonuses (thorns and defence)
3.5) Add 100%DeadlyStrike to Full Set Bonuses
3.6) Convert the Belt to a lvl 45 Amulet, so that Atma's Ammy can't be worn with the set (Amp OnStrike is possible with the weapon, but not trivially-possible as with Atma). Since Deadly Strike is just 2xDamage, it's the same as reducing a 50%ResPhys monster to 0%ResPhys which players do all the time currently via AtmaAmmy. That is why I don't consider the set overpowered.

Sazabi's Grand Tribute
1) On the Helm, consider +2AllSkills, since most unique hats of this level have that with their other mods. Lack of skills on the weapon and armor are made up for with +3 in the Full Set Bonus.

Soulmancer's Set
1) For the helm, consider 3 sockets rather than 2. I was going to mention +2Skills, but considering the set gives 7 skills and uses equipment slots where skills aren't normally received, I think it's fine.
2) Since +50AllStats has been removed to promote stat distribution by players, consider adding back some of the other values the stats had, such as:
2.1) In the Partial Set Bonuses, replace +50%ED (2-pieces) with +200%ED (2-pieces)
2.2) On the belt, consider adding +50%RegenMana

Tal Rasha's Wrappings
1) When completed, this set gives 70%ResFire, 70%ResCold, 103%ResLit, and 40%ResPois. Even with a high-Res shield, this seems pretty low for a 5-piece set, particularly for poison (the main weakness of sorcs since their Energy Shield offers no defence). On the Ammy, consider changing +33%ResLit to +33%ResPois. Alternatively or in addition to that change, consider adding 50%PoisLengthReduced to the belt.
2) On the Armor, consider adding a 3rd socket. Alternatively, consider replacing 5%dr with 25DR or 33DR (to go with the 33MDR)

The Disciple
1) When completed, this set gives 130%ResFire, 70%ResCold, 100%ResLit, and 100%ResPois. On the gloves, consider changing 60%ResFire to 30%ResFire, and on the armor consider adding +30%ResCold (4-pieces).
2) On the Boots, consider adding +1AllSkills (4-pieces). Justification is that a 5-piece level 70 set with +5Skill seems relatively low. Using (4-piece) for this mod forces the use of one of the level 70 peices (armor or gloves), so will be +3Skills with 4 pieces at level 70 before set completion.

1) When completed, this set gives 60%ResFire, 110%ResCold, 90%ResLit, and 90%ResPois. On the belt, consider reducing +50%ColdRes (3-pieces) to +30%ColdRes (3-pieces) and on the hat, consider removing +500%Thorns (3-pieces) and adding +30%FireRes (3-pieces).
2) On the shield, consider swapping two mods since +4SkillTab on a shield slot is relatively high at level 65 (Norm Baal or A1NM), but better at lvl 73 (A3NM):
2.1) Change +2P&BoneSkills to +2P&BoneSkills (2-pieces)
2.2) Change +20%FCRate (2-pieces) to +20%FCRate
3) I was going to comment that +11Skills seems relatively low compared to Tal's Set (+13 or +15 with standard caster shields), but it seems easy to get +4 or more skills from a wand.

<edit>Added Orphan's Call point (3.6)</edit>

Last edited by Brevan on Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:58 am 

is the +str from magic jewels going to be fixed? don't they have some pretty high random +str mods?

also the unquine war pike says it's attack range is 45

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:03 am 

Ok so what't the purpose of this patch? To make things harder, more boring, easier? Or just change everything?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:39 am 
Game Server Host

to eliminate the "easy mode" bugs like map glitches and leap bugs, to balance gear better and bring as many builds as possible onto an even footing

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:08 am 

The deadly strike changes look a little extreme to me. I can understand bringing the values down some, but having almost all the level 90 weapons with no deadly strike at all? The best I see an endgame melee paladin/druid having is 5+10% chance at DS(gores and steelrends). Are we being forced to use Lo runes now?

Quote:
(Barbarian) Masterys now start at 12% critical strike at level 1 and cap at 50% at 20 hard points in the skill.

Does this mean no DS improvement from soft points?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:55 am 
Game Server Host

Quote:
Does this mean no DS improvement from soft points?

that right. I would keep it around on weapons though but have it vary abit more (like 5-30%) on some weapons

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:56 am 

Thanks for the detailed information Brevan, I will run through that and see what tweaks need to be made.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:14 pm 

Hey, so while running through the patch notes I noticed that one of the runeworlds had a %20 increased magic damage. I was under the impression that we couldn't get that to work. If it is now working or maybe it always was, can we add it to the magic jewels?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:32 pm 

i'm liking the upcoming patch and looking forward to the challenges + changes it brings to be honest.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:53 pm 

in the patch notes where you say hammers are hammers 2 hand mauls and 1 hand maces?

and also do both 1 hand maces and 2 hand mauls boh have an extra -5 slower attack speed for example thunder maul has -25 attack speed on HU.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:07 pm 

looking forward slightly bummed on soulstones for the looting issue guess ill just haveto multi box farm them since i dont have a team that plays this game still.
least the roll recipe is still around.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:33 pm 

Sets Commentary - Added Orhan's Call point (3.6)

Unique Non-Weapons Commentary

Hats
1) Norm, Exceptional, and Elite hats seem fine to me.
2) Consider either +1AllSkills or +2Sockets on Howltusk. Currently it does a little of several things, but doesn't stand out except for Knockback.

Armor
1) I like that the protections offered by Hawkmail, Sparkling Mail, Venom's Ward, and Iceblink have not been reduced.
2) Rattlecage looks decent. Consider replacing +300Def with +200%EDef. This will make it's eth defence special, while not significantly reducing it's normal defence. There isnt much advantage in the Repairs mod otherwise.
3) Tooththrow and QueHagan - Are the +%EDef mods typos, or did you not recalculate the defence of the armor?
4) Gladiator's Bane - Consider replacing +100Def with one of: 2Sockets, 3Sockets, or +200ARating. The ARating would be boosted by the Masteries, while the sockets could be used to enhance the relatively low defensive properties (i.e. give it resistances, life, or boost the DR/MDR).
5) Darkfear looks neat.

Shields
1) Steelclash - The mod "5MDR" occurs twice.
2) Spike Thorn - PMHeal mod is redundant, since the shield already has 100% OpenWounds (this prevents regen). Consider removing IMaiden onStruck and replacing with 5% lvl6 Amp onStruck (I understand this would be -30%PhysRes and last around 18 seconds). at 5% onStruck, there is a 50% chance that this will be cast within 13 hits.

Gloves
1) Ghoulhide - These have lvl 3 Redemption (160HP/MP per corpse) along with +20HP/Kill and +20MP/Kill. To me they seem overpowered against trash. Consider reducing Redemption to level 1 (80HP/MP) and removing the HP/MP per kill mods. Consider adding 10%LLeach for battles that produce few corpses.
2) Hellmouth - Consider replacing 10%IAS with 30%IAS. This will emphasize them for non-sorc elemental builds (HolyAura pallies, Amazons, MASins), consider buffing to +10%SkillDmg and adding +10%PoisDmg. Sorcs might not be as interested since they already have Masteries, so 5% or 10% doesn't mean much.

Boots
1) Hotspur - May as well buff to 20%FRWalk or 30%FRWalk. FRWalk is nearly linear in improvement, so 5% won't be visible to the human eye. Running a bit faster is fun, and goes with the flaming feet theme.
2) Goblin Toe - You missed one. Consider buffing to 8DR/MDR to go with the slow-tank theme.
3) Gorerider - If anyone's curious, at 1%onStrike, there's a 50% chance of casting Amp within 69 hits. I understand that lvl3Amp will be -27%PhysRes for about 12 seconds. Looks good.
4) Stormwalk - in HUv1.21z these boots have 160-240Cold + 1-500Lit, but that isn't on Critter's Site or the Patch Site. I don't see a reason to remove it.

Belts
1) Razortail - This isn't 20%Thorns/lvl, it's just 20Thorns/lvl.
2) Thundergod's Vigor - If anyone's curious, at 8%onStrike, there's a 50% chance of lvl12FoH (600 + 200) within 8 hits. It could be raised to lvl19FoH (1k+380) and still be balanced and kinda neat.
3) Arachnid Mesh - Typo with "%%" Deadly Strike. 1% DStrike means that there's a 50% chance that after 69 hits, you will have done as much damage as in 70 hits.

Regarding Deadly Strike, I can see that it's been reduced. I view DeadlyStrike literally as "look at the physical damage on your char screen, and improve it by X%, where X<=100", so 1%DStrike really is a 1% improvement in your charscreen listed damage. The effectiveness of DStrike and CriticalStrike reduce each other, since they are not added together (the % missed by one is checked against the other, e.g. 60%DStrike + 50%CStrike = 80%DStrike = 80%CStrike). Low DStrike mostly affects Druids and Paladins who don't have access to CriticalStrike via some oSkill. I can understand if it was decided to balance melee chars around not having DStrike, but in that case you may as well remove it from the list of mods, since it won't have the "wow" factor of CrushingBlow. Considering Amp Damage has been reduced, and it is the only source of lowering phys res, then you may as well keep DeadlyStrike unchanged because the higher phys resistances will reduce it's effectiveness automatically.

<edit>Adjusted Spike Thorn %Amp proc to 5%, with example of frequency</edit>

Last edited by Brevan on Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:43 pm 

blue_myriddn wrote:
Asteroth wrote:
ziggy wrote:
in the patch notes where you say hammers are hammers 2 hand mauls and 1 hand maces?

and also do both 1 hand maces and 2 hand mauls boh have an extra -5 slower attack speed for example thunder maul has -25 attack speed on HU.

Those are b.net classifications:
http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml wrote:
Hammers = War Hammer, Maul, Great Maul, and Exceptional/Elite versions. These will not work in mace recipes even though they are listed on the mace page.

Weapon speeds are correct on the Critter Killer White Item pages as far as I know: http://critterkiller.arimyth.com/

thanks blue :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:57 pm 

also lovin brevans input

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:10 pm 

Quote:
Very good question. I was under the impression that it did work. Would you be interested in helping out by confirming this? Either a single player test with modified items, or realm with 4x Mal runes. I think I may have some extra Mal runes if you need them. Would save time though if you tested it rather than me.
Tested on SP with 234% magic dmg, and there were no effect at all on skills like teeth/spear etc. But earlier I found this http://phrozenkeep.hugelaser.com/forum/ ... =4&t=55554
Also here in this game files these changes are added (duh?). Check for them at very end of files, and maybe you can add some %magic to skills - now only magic items are: phys hamm/mind blast/blessed hammer/teeth/50% of CE/spear and bone spirit???
Also as this mod already is using d2mod http://phrozenkeep.hugelaser.com/forum/ ... 33&t=45462 you can check this out. Eh neat stuff...

Edit: Checked d2game.dll and Soulmancer already fixed magic pierce, wonder what else he did(yeah I know there was a topic where ppl were saying it actually works), thats leaves magic mastery which is totally broken.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:43 pm 

text fixes, in general mostly its small things, i dont know the def formula for these so cant give you the number.
EDIT: added a few more uniques to the list.

Helmet
The Face of Horror: needs a space between Terror and (Oskill)

Blackhorn's Face: grim ward is now called Blade of Arreat if that still the proposed skill change.

Armor
Skin of the Flayed One: since its losing the +30 dur, change the durability to 56

Duriel's Shell: losing the +100 dur, change the durability to 100.(or does it have a - since it became indestructible?

Toothrow: losing +25 dur, so change it to 96.
Str requirement changed to 77 from -25% requirement(not sure if it rounds to nearest number or up/down. also not sure if unique items have different requirements from the white items)
also needs the correct number for def displayed, i dont know the formula for that

Que-Hagan's Wisdom: def display, as i said before, dont know the formula

Black Hades: remove "(varies)" from 2-4% Mana Stolen per Hit (varies) as many of the previous stats that varies doesn't say that, so its to keep it consistant.

Corpsemourn: remove "(varies)" from EDef, as said before, to keep it consistant.

Hatestorm Crest: remove "(varies)" from mana steal

Darkfear: you are showing the new graphic for this armor ^_^

Leviathan: remove "(varies)" from DR% and resist

Steel Carapace: remove "(varies)" DR%

Shield
Blackoak Shield: change dur to 32

Boots
Stormwalk: remove "(varies)" from cold and lightning absorb

Sandstorm Trek: remove "(varies)" from druid elemental skills

Belt
Bladebuckle: remove "(varies)" on DR%

Gloom's Trap: change def to 20

Arachnid Mesh: only need 1 "%" for deadly strike

Nosferatu's Coil: remove "(varies)" from cold and lightning absorb

Last edited by Hflame on Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:54 pm 

Ondals wisdom the +1 BO is sorta useless without the +7 all skills buff, why would you use that to BO when you can just use CTA + shield. I dunno. Even with +5 sorc skills I don't see many sorcs using it over other items. Maybe add a different Oskill? fade or such? shout? Maybe an aura?

Whats with CtA having 40 FCR who uses CTA as a caster item lol

Rune word "Time" Why not make it available in orbs, and decrease the +skills, and have 50% chance cast mind blast when struck thats a pretty cool thing.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:38 pm 

blinky99 wrote:
Ondals wisdom the +1 BO is sorta useless without the +7 all skills buff, why would you use that to BO when you can just use CTA + shield.

Previously it was a caster item that was used as a buff stick. Now it is a sorceress staff with a nice bonus of being able to cast Battle Order. That is handy if you want to keep a LR wand on swap rather than having to keep a CTA on swap. That to me is a win for a sorceress. If you want a buff stick, just make a CTA.

blinky99 wrote:
Whats with CtA having 40 FCR who uses CTA as a caster item lol

Is it used as a melee weapon? Seemed like FCR was more useful than IAS, but I will swap it back if people prefer.

blinky99 wrote:
Rune word "Time" Why not make it available in orbs, and decrease the +skills, and have 50% chance cast mind blast when struck thats a pretty cool thing.

I am still working on runewords so that item isn't complete, but I don't think it is wise to leave Natural Resistance OSKILL on a 1h weapon. To me that was a good fit for a 2h staff.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:47 pm 

I think the only thing Cta is used for is BO, so IAS or FCR is kind of silly IMO, I'd keep the +1 all skills no need for FCR or IAS. I mean has anyone used it as a primary weapon?

and compare Time to thirst for knowledge, i dont know how much resists natural resistances give at around level 10 or how much -res level 6 conviction gives.

I still think mind blast on time is a cool feature defensively for a no shield build
but TfK with a shield seems like a better option

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:36 am 

Unique Axes Commentary

1) Deathspade - Damage should be 25-29
2) Bladebone - Missing label "Damage: "
3) Humongous - Should be 300%ED (according to the calculated damage)
4) Warlord's Trust - Should be 300%ED, but consider 400%ED (113-263) since this has higher str and level requirements than Humongous, but does less damage. Consider replacing +100Def with +300Def to emphasize defensive properties.
5) Spellsteel - Consider replacing 300%ED with -75%ED, and replace 10%MLeech with +250-500ElemDmg (this 750-1500 char screen damage would be like the current axe with about +700%SkillED (e.g. 100str with total 400%ED from some skills, which should be alright for level 50-60 players). The change could make this axe interesting for A4 and A5 IM areas, especially if the level were reduced to 48 (slightly easier to get in norm RoF).
6) Pompeii's Wrath - For those curious, 8%lvl16 Volcano (230Dmg, up to 5 times a second for 2 seconds with good placement) onStrike means there's a 50% chance of casting within 8 hits. Looks fun.
7) Boneslayer Blade - Consider replacing 50%lvl20HBolt (275dmg) onStruck with 50%lvl20BHammer (270dmg) onStruck. Justification of 50% ctc since the onStruck proc doesn't occur often, justify BHammer since it affects demons too (and it does +50%dmg to undead) and can affect more targets at melee range.
8) Guardian Naga - The PoisDmg to Attack, Thorns, and PNova (500dmg) onStrike mods do not seem valuable, but fit the theme. Consider raising them to 2kPois/10sec, 1500%thorns, and 1%lvl40PNova onStrike (2.4k, 50% cast within 69 hits)
8) Razor's Edge - Consider removing PMHeal, since 50%OpenWounds will make it redundant after about 2 hits. Looks like it'd be neat when eth.
9) Fleshthirst - Damage should be (148-167) - (540-608). Consider removing PMHeal, since 33%OWounds will make it reduntant after about 3 hits.
10) Moonstrike - Damage should be (198-220) - (297-330). Consider replacing 25%lvl25BSpear (500dmg) with 8%lvl45BSpear(1.6k) (same amortized damage, just fewer procs)
11) Hellslayer - For those curious, 2%lvl40Meteor (2.8k + 900dps for 20sec) onAttack means there is a 50% chance of casting within 34 swings.
12) Cranebeak - Consider making AxeMastery an oSkill. For those curious, 15%lvl30SWave (1k, 7sec stun) means there is a 50% chance of casting within 4 swings. Consider replacing -10%PoisRes with 1%lvl6Amp onStrike (-30%PhysRes, 18sec, 50% cast within 69 hits), justification is that this weapon looks phys-dmg themed and these changes could make it neat for a Zealot.
13) Messerschmidt's Reaver - Damage should be (524-640)-(753-920) (you didn't include the base +200%ED). For those curious, 2%lvl50Blizz (2.5k per shard) means there is a 50% chance of casting within 34 hits.
14) Executioner's Justics - For those curious, 4%lvl6Decrep (18sec) means there is a 50% chance of casting within 17 hits.

Unique Daggers Commentary

1) The Diggler - Damage should be 9-22. Would do 14-32 when eth, neat.
2) The Jad Tan Do - Damage should be 8-26.
3) Spineripper - Consider removing PMHeal or OWounds since they don't stack, if you remove PMHeal then consider raising OWounds to 50%. Would do 47-125 if eth, neat.
4) Heart Carver - Melee-dagger themed, but low durability. Consider one of: Repairs (88-216dmg if eth), Indestructible, or +100 Durability.
5) Stormspike - For those curious, lvl11TStorm is about 175dmg/strike. Consider replacing 33%lvl20CLightning (150dmg, 9target) onAttack with 8%lvl40CLightning (460dmg, 13target), justification is similar damage (I considered bounces) but fewer procs. Consider replacing the onStruck proc with +200ARating (HShock pally will like this).
6) Wizardspike - Level 18 EnergyShield is 78%DmgToMana, which will feel like 150%DmgToMana (unresisted damage) since there's no TK synergy. Consider reducing to lvl1EShield oSkill (lvl4 with +3AllSkills so 40%DmgToMana).
7) Fleshripper - Consider removing PMHeal since 50%OWounds has this effect in about 2 hits. Consider reducing level requirement to 84 or 85, justification is that it seems similar to Ghostflame but much lower damage. If it keeps it's 50%DStrike then it will be comparable to lvl 85 axes, swords, and scepters (only 3 types I checked)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:23 am 

Axes:

Deathspade - fixed, forgot to add the +10 min in the calculation
Humongous - fixed, typo in my calculation
Warlord's - now that Humongous is fixed, the dmg for this item should make more sense. Since it now spawns eth, 200%ED packs a decent punch.

Spellsteel - clever. I can buy in to that. I will have to test to be sure that -75% spawns correctly (unless someone else wants to).

Boneslayer - personally I think that holybolt works because it specifically targets undead, it is "bone" slayer after all and not demonslayer. However, it might make sense to swap this to "when Attacking". I was playing around with the Paladin runeword armor (Principle) and found this mod to be rather neat both visually and in effect.

Guardian Naga - I think your suggestions are a little strong. Perhaps lvl20 pnova. With 2 sockets, good dmg and +1 all skills this item is already quite good.

Razor's Edge/Fleshthirst - we could, but why not just leave it? I also believe that the timer on PMH is a little longer (unconfirmed). I tend to view open wounds as a mini-version of PMH rather than a full blow replacement.

Cranebeak - actually I viewed this as an alternative to Runemaster for rabies druids. I am reluctant to add ctc Amp to items as it is an extremely powerful mod. The axe mastery suggestion may be a good one.

Messerschmidt's - I just forgot to strike out the 200% ED. This isn't designed to be a high dmg (certainly not 700%ED) weapon as it is a cold elemental weapon.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:28 am 

I like the reworking of the unique elite staves but think they could use another look:

Crimson Hellcast/Thunder Sky/Absolute Zero: Consider changing these into +6 or +7 to fire/light/cold skills, this should achieve the same with a lot less mods. Why is thunder sky the only one with a mastery? May as well add mastery to each staff.

Ondal's Wisdom: Seems useful only for BO on switch atm. Maybe change this into a physical damage staff by adding some ed and removing the fcr?

Mang Song's Lesson: The +1 to All Skills is a bit odd. Otherwise nice.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:30 am 

You may find these charts interesting Brevan - I used them to ensure I was keeping item dmg in the correct ballpark for items:

Two Handed wpn dmg

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:36 am 

Draped wrote:
Crimson Hellcast/Thunder Sky/Absolute Zero: Consider changing these into +6 or +7 to fire/light/cold skills, this should achieve the same with a lot less mods. Why is thunder sky the only one with a mastery? May as well add mastery to each staff.

There is no property for +fire/light/cold skills that works for all character classes. Druids have 4 different elemental skills, Assasins only have 3 so that staff got oskill mastery. Assasin's dual wield claws to get large skill bonuses, druids don't - so the Assasin staff needed a boost to keep pace, the druid staves did not.

Draped wrote:
Ondal's Wisdom: Seems useful only for BO on switch atm.

I disagree. I think that +5 skills, +40% all resists, a 10% boost to life/mana, 100% FCR and 4 open sockets is a very useful sorceress staff.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:14 am 

blue_myriddn wrote:
There is no property for +fire/light/cold skills that works for all character classes. ...

ok
blue_myriddn wrote:
I disagree. I think that +5 skills, +40% all resists, a 10% boost to life/mana, 100% FCR and 4 open sockets is a very useful sorceress staff.

It is outshone completely by Mang Song's, except for the 10lvl req difference. Another alternative could be a singer staff (to stick with the bo theme).

Good work on the patch + documentation btw.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:32 am 

aren't all the lvl85 items outshone by the lvl95 items?
who would use Eschuta's if they had a Fathom instead?

Singer staff sounds like a fun runeword :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:42 am 

Quote:
Singer staff sounds like a fun runeword
Keep in mind that war cry is a normal skill, making runeword with some funny but overpowered mods would mean no one will bother with other items, which is bad, every class have plenty of weapons to choose on different levels - singers have only hoto(2x), ondals or other random +3 skills items. War cry sword uniq/axe or even flail could do work here as you could use good shield as alternative for 2 wpns.
Quote:
who would use Eschuta's if they had a Fathom instead
Wisdom is better than eschuta btw.

EKHM also on the other side - are merc being somehow fixed? a3 mostly by removing spells from them - nova from light, firestorm from a3 etc... Also make sure a3 doesn't get frozen armor, iirc you must remove it the same way you removed traps from smancer, can't remember right now. And a5 remove rabbies as it doesnt do dmg and only blocks rabbies dru from using their skill.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:30 pm 

was stat bonuses changed? on critterkillers website from 200 bonus str as in 1 str point = 2% ed changed to 300 bonus str as in 1 str point = 3% ed.
and if it was changed then why was dex changed too? dex is also now 300 bonus as in 1 dex = 3% ed

or was stat bonuses always like this and only i thought it was only 2% because i never saw critterkillers white items weblink page before xD

also will this double damage vs a boss when a Amazon uses Strafe?
Amazon: Strafe had its NHD reduced to 2 from 4 (should double single target DPS)
also most of the amazon only class bows were made ethreal only so they are easier to get the pawnage.

it looks to me like the return of the glass cannon guided arrow zon. that pump dex and since gems still give +30 dex it will result in massive damage.

but when guided arrow was nerfed it then sorta sucked. so if you nerf strafe or fix something here don't nerf it as much as guided arrow was.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:06 pm 

ziggy wrote:
or was stat bonuses always like this and only i thought it was only 2% because i never saw critterkillers white items weblink page before xD

Stat bonuses have "always" been like that. Or at least always in the sense of probably a year or more. Soulmancer used it as a carrot to entice people to not go all vit. It didn't work.

Soulmancer has requested that the stat boost be increased, so I will do that and update the white pages after the patch releases.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:49 pm 

Daggers:

[1] If an item is Indestructible it can't be eth. So you wont' find an eth gull dagger, but you could find an eth diggler
[2] Durability is being increased across the board for items to 100 or greater. Having to repair an item is cool, having to repair it all the freakin time sucks
[3] Stormspike - I am cool with the reduction of frequency and increase of skills. Less nuisance that way.
[4] Wizspike/Fleshripper - will do

Sounds like PMH and open wounds need a little looking in to

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:17 pm 

blinky99 wrote:
I think the only thing Cta is used for is BO, so IAS or FCR is kind of silly IMO, I'd keep the +1 all skills no need for FCR or IAS. I mean has anyone used it as a primary weapon?

and compare Time to thirst for knowledge, i dont know how much resists natural resistances give at around level 10 or how much -res level 6 conviction gives.

I still think mind blast on time is a cool feature defensively for a no shield build
but TfK with a shield seems like a better option

bump

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:04 pm 

CTA had IAS. I changed it to FCR. I can change it back, but I don't see any point in doing so.

Runewords are not complete.

Glad you think mind blast is cool.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:29 pm 

No what im saying IAS or FCR on CtA is pointless, +1 skills would be more useful to any build.

or what build can you see using cta as a weapon or a caster item lol to utilize fcr or ias

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:47 pm 

blinky99 wrote:
or what build can you see using cta as a weapon or a caster item lol to utilize fcr or ias

When you use CTA as a buff stick, having FCR makes the buff cast faster. Having IAS makes no impact.

I feel like you are making a very big deal out of a very little change. If there is a real problem, I can change it - otherwise, who cares?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:25 pm 

eh guess your right

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:02 am 

Unique Staff Commentary
1) The Iron Jang Bong - Seems almost too nice, but I suppose for the level it's alright.
2) Ribcracker - Consider keeping 1%CBlow (50% occurance within in 69 hits). This is essentially a low-damage 2-H mace weapon (staves benefit from Mace Mastery), but it is relatively fast with nice FHRecovery.
3) Thunder Sky - LMastery oSkill (+70%LitDmg) nearly doubles a non-sorcs lightning damage with a few +AllSkills. Consider +1EnergyShield oSkill instead.
4) Crimson Hellcast, Thunder Sky, Absolute Zero - These are balanced for mods but not for level, consider making them all level 70 (this level is closest to the staff-runewords "Flickering Flame", etc)
5) Ondal's Wisdom - Level 1 BOrders does +15%life/mana (+3%/level), and lasts 30 seconds. Consider removing +10%life/mana mods and buffing BO to +4 instad of +1 (you lose out on 1%life/mana, but gain 30 seconds of duration). Justification is that recasting BO every 30-90 seconds (depending on +AllSkill) will drive people nuts, but every 60-120 seconds might be okay.

Unique Polearm Commentary
1) Earthshifter - An fascinating weapon due to 33%lvl33Fissure onAttack (750dmg, 60% chance of cast within 2 hits). If used by a FClaws druid, then they have maxed FStorm, FClaws, and Armageddon so that lvl33Fissure is partly synergized to do 2.2k (a reasonable addition to their attack since it stacks well). If used by a druid who maxed FStorm and MBoulder, but no points into Volcano, then the charge-bug synergizes Fissure to 5.6k (4.1k without MBoulder, so this is probably what they'd do), which is probably alright since they've spend 20 points for this "exploit" alone. If used by a non-fire druid (just Volcano charges synergy) then the Fissure does 2.6k. A fast attacker might stack 4-6 of these Fissures at best, so they're adding DPS of about 11k (FClaws build), 20k (20 "wasted" points into FStorm), or 13k (any fast attacker). Consider one of: Reduce Volcano level to 15 (11kDPS, 16kDPS, 9kDPS) or reduce Fissure to 13%Lvl33 onAttack (4.4kDPS, 8.2kDPS, 5.2kDPS), or both (4.4k, 6k, 4k)

Unique Spear Commentary
1) The Impaler - Need to state if the SpearMastery, BO, and BCommand are oSkills or not. Personally I think it would be neat with +2-3SpearMastery oSkill, +1BO oSkill, and 3 charges of lvl 20 BCommand. That way the BO is about +15%HP/MP for about 80 seconds and the BCommand lasts 110 seconds. If that sounds alright, then consider changing +1BarbSkills to +1AllSkills for potential Amazon use (the +3%HP/MP from that change isn't important).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:32 am 

I have a suggestion.

When I play my light javazon, I have a little problem, in end game, when I have all gear avaliable I'm missing a cannot be frozen mod in my gear. And then I have to change my setup
1st choice is full soulmancer, but its a bit high str req, but I can live with that, but I lose dmg then and -res so more lost dmg.
2nd choice is raven frost which is cool and everything but i'm losing a crafted ring with 1 ama skills and 10 % light dmg again :)

Anyway to jump to the point. Gear avaliable with cannot be frozen for this setup is kinda limited so i'm proposing to add this mod to Templar's might, it's a lvl 95 now, and other lvl 95 armor has it too (Tyrael's might). And I don't think it would overpower the armor too much.

Thanks!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:03 am 

Quote:
2nd choice is raven frost which is cool and everything but i'm losing a crafted ring with 1 ama skills and 10 % light dmg again :)
Imo you must lose that if you want CBF. CBF is too strong mod to be put on every item. Choices, choices we all have to make :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:12 am 

Well yes, but tell me then why is cbf added to marrowwalk boots?

It's not like necs don't have a choice for cbf, trang belt has it and sm full set :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:35 am 

I don't know why, but trang belt isn't necessary for bone necs when arach is getting +2skills, also these boots aren't nec exclusive(but prolly will be his ultimate)
Sm is very heavy now (as enigma won't give you str) and it's the hardest set to find.
All I'm saying that CBF is just too strong mod to add it on every item, Raven is good vs +1ama 10%light as you prolly have 7-8k lfury with -90light res.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:43 am 

Actually I have 10k fury with -123 res but still I would like to have a choice, right now it's not a choice its mandatory.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:59 am 

No, you can use waterwalks(cbf, 20dex...). Dunno what boots you're using now tho but prolly not something with +javs, maybe set/uniq or rare +3magic. Well I went kinga OT talking about your gear.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:41 pm 

Unique Mace Commentary
1) Earthshaker - Consider +2Sockets so people can choose to emphasize IAS since it's a bit slow or -%Res for casting. Drop the %ED to 325% if the extra 1Socket feels excessive.
2) Bloodtree Stump - Since level is 58, it should be moved to before Earthshaker.
3) The Cranium Basher - Since it's level 85 now, it should be moved to after Horizon's Tornado

Unique Scepter & Club Commentary
1) Zakarum's Hand - 6-8%MLeech should be 6-8%LLeech. Consider removing 2%Conversion onStrike since the comment on Redeemer states that ctc Conversion doesn't work (I've never tested).
2) The Fetid Sprinkler - For those curious, lvl10PNova does 400/3sec, lvl 20 (dual wielding) does 880/3sec.
3) Demonlimb - 293-518 when eth, but pretty slow. Should be alright.

Unique Sword Commentary
1) Speed numbers of white swords included, good idea.
2) Hellplague - in HU v1.21z this sword had 6%lvl10 PStrike onStrike and 6%lvl10 Firestorm onStrike. May as well keep those 2 mods.
3) The Patriarch - Consider replacing HitBlindsTarget (mostly affects melee range) with 10%lvl7 DimVision (10sec) onStruck (will affect enemy archers, 50% cast within 6 hits).
4) Plague Bearer - Consider replacing 10%lvl10PNova (400/3sec) onStrike with 2%lvl35PNova (2.0k/3sec) onStrike. The damage is similar, but fewer castings. Consider replacing +25%ARating with -25%PoisLengthReduction.
5) Bloodmoon - Consider adding Repairs 1 in 10sec (257-338 if eth, which is similar to Moonstrike and Stonecrusher)
6) Dragonmouth - For those curious, with 6%lvl50 Hydra (850dmg) onStrike, there's a 50% chance to cast within 11 strikes. At 5 hits per second, you'll probably stack 2 or 3 of them, which seems good to me (about 2.5kDPS).
7) Elemental Weaver - This is pretty close to Baranar's Star. Consider designing this more towards low-phys-dmg Pheonix Sins or HolyAura paladins (they want the -%Res more than Avengers using Conviction). I would change it to the following:
+1AllSkills (or -75%ED)
+3-4 Offensive Auras (Paladin Only)
+60%IAS (pretty sure this will be 5 frame attack for Zeal)
-20% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-20% to Enemy Cold Resistance
-20% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+6-7 Pheonix Strike (Assassin Only)
-50%EnemyDefence
+250-500 ElemDmg
+2sockets (for 2xEth to ignore defence, or 2xGems for decent -%Res)

Unique Wand Commentary
1) Torch of Iro - Consider 20%Slow instead of 5%. Justification is that 5% probably won't be visible and is overshadowed at level 6 by ClayGolem. Putting this relatively strong mod on a low-level necro item should keep it out of the way of possible abuse (if people are keeping it on switch just to slow by 20%... they deserve it). If you put 30%IAS on it, a HFreeze Pally might like it.
2) Gravenspine - Needs new-line characters after FCR and IAS. Consider replacing 20%Lvl10 FNova (44Dmg) onStruck with 10%Lvl18FNova (90Dmg) or 5%Lvl28(180Dmg) (similar damage, but fewer procs). Level 30 Trash seem to have about 500HP +/- 60%
3) Arm of King Leoric - Consider replacing 20%Lvl20 BSpirit (475Dmg) onStruck with 10%Lvl31 (950Dmg) or 5%Lvl47(1900Dmg) (similar damage, but fewer procs). Level 55 Trash seem to have about 4000HP +/- 50%. Since the wand is on a necro, this proc might be synergized to do up to 11x stated damage.
4) Death's Web - I've never heard of slow from items stacking with ClayGolem's slow effect (25% at lvl20, 29% at lvl50). 5% Slow doesn't hurt this item, but doesn't help it either. If people want a slow-theme to the item, consider +1HolyFreeze (5 yards, 15%) oSkill (or onEquip), which should have a good effect when stacked with Decrep and ClayGolem whenever the Necro is nearing melee range.

Unique Ring Commentary
1) Carrion Wind - Consider removing the charges of lvl20 PoisonCreeper. Justification is that it already has Lvl20 PoisonCreeper oSkill (oSkill doesn't give synergies), so charges are redundant. Consider replacing 10%Lvl20 PNova (880Dmg) onStruck with 5%Lvl33 (1800Dmg). Consider replacing 12%lvl20 Twister (290Dmg) onStrike with 3%lvl42 Twister (1150Dmg (4.8k if FBite Druid with 20Hurricane), 50% cast within 23 hits) onStrike.
2) Wisp Projector - Consider replacing 15%Lvl30 Lightning (300Dmg) OnAttack with 6%Lvl49 Lightning (760Dmg).

Unique Amulet Commentary
1) Ardural's Icon - Consider reducing level to 62 and replacing +2AllSkills with +1AllSkills. Justification is that this ammy needs to be used by a non-caster to cast LRes, so Elemental attack builds (FBite, ImmoArrow, etc) may as well have it when their physical counterparts get Atma's Ampy. Consider replacing +60-80%ARating with +150-200ARating since many builds have high %ARating but low base ARating.
2) Familiar's Icon - For those curious, there's a 10.6% chance of reanimating something with each kill, or 50% chance of reanimating something within 7 kills.

Unique Charm Commentary
1) Consider reducing the level of the soulstones closer to the character level when completing that act: 91 for Mephy, 94 for Diablo and 97 for Baal. This will also emphasize that Sammy's lvl 99 charm is better than Baal's lvl 97.
2) Excellent graphics for the soulstones and decent graphics for the GCs.
3) Consider changing Soul of the Dead to +2-3AllSkills +33Replenish life and Hero's Reward to +3AllSkills.

Unique Jewel Commentary
1) Wirt's Legacy - Consider -8-12%Requirements.
2) Poison onAttack Facet - Consider switching to 3%Lvl50PNova (3.2k/3sec, 50% cast within 23 hits) onAttack. Justification is that I think someone said Rabies onAttack doesn't work, but PNova should be fine, 3%lvl50 to reduce procs but keep the DPS similar to the other onAttack facets.

<edit>Corrected typo in PlagueBearer's PNova onStrike recommendation, should now be 2%Lvl35 PNova onStrike.</edit>

Last edited by Brevan on Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:37 am 

I have just one note to do about patch. i like changes so i would like to see it as fast as it can be done but, there is one bug i can't stand on. Going to the point i'm talking bout Golem Master and HP bug for golems, it has to be fixed, otherwise necro summoner is not comparable to druid summon with his working synergy to grizzly, and shorter time of casting. Is it possible it'll be fixed??

Edit. Got one more question. Why does trang set this fire skills which don't synergy with each other?? It could be replaced with something more usefull.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:07 am 

Quote:
Why does trang set this fire skills which don't synergy with each other?? It could be replaced with something more usefull.
Added +mastery and native LR curse makes it a little usefull for immune bosses or when playing full summoner. W/o mastery, as it is now, fwall does nearly 2,5k dmg + LR, can't remember fireball damage tho.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:42 am 

Steel wrote:
Quote:
Why does trang set this fire skills which don't synergy with each other?? It could be replaced with something more usefull.
Added +mastery and native LR curse makes it a little usefull for immune bosses or when playing full summoner. W/o mastery, as it is now, fwall does nearly 2,5k dmg + LR, can't remember fireball damage tho.

Anyway it is uless 2,5k dmg dont stand anything at hell, especialy for psn nec. Anyway with maxed bone shield and bone wall, i'v got more phy dmg from wand than it gives me. If synergy for oskill would work than fire wall + fire ball + mastery would make big diffrence, but for now it is uselss. Even a3 merc does more dmg :P 10 vit points would be better than this fire crap :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:47 pm 

I believe that the fire thing is more of a theme - you turn into a vampire after all, and those use fireballs/meteors/fwalls.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:11 pm 

OFC! cosplay ftw!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:12 pm 
Game Server Host

Quote:
Even a3 merc does more dmg

erm... A3 merc is godly fyi

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:35 pm 

How is the patch doing in general, is it still looking likly to happen on 21 Dec??

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:39 pm 

Corley wrote:
How is the patch doing in general, is it still looking likly to happen on 21 Dec??

That's still my plan. I don't want to have it drag on through the holidays, I would rather let people play with it during the holidays.

However, I haven't heard back from Duff and ultimately he controls the realm, so I don't know if the 21st works for him. I did hear back from Soulmancer and the 21st works for him.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:33 pm 

i thought trang set had +1 oskill teleport or something with full set or like 3 pieces? maybe add that instead of all the fire stuff? or a convic aura on full set equip? level 2 or something?

ya looked it up on the old website 4 pieces gave teleport should put that back vampires can teleport right? or at least move really fast maybe give like 200 charges of it instead or something? I dunno.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:06 am 

I have not seen anything pertaining to mercs in the general changes? Has anything ample been down to minimize A1 mercs? Everything else looks like, that would be only major thing.. I think that needs addressed if it hasn't been.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:46 am 

Since deadline seems to be the 21 dec. here some final feedback:

Considering the gems/runes/runewords:

Ohm: Is the difference in lightning damage for weapons/armor intended?
Sur: Gives more magic damage than the uber diamond (250-500 vs 180-240), while for Vex, Ohm, Lo it is 250-500 vs 320-480, 1-500 vs 1-800, 250-500 bs 240-320 respectively.
Mal and Sur both give extra magic damage

The new elemental/magic damage rune bonusses are not yet in the rw docs.

Because of the new replenish automod on throwing weapons, I guess the replenish mod can be removed from runewords?

Rws:
-Love the nerfs to Obedience and Enigma
-Death: prefer the old version (high dmg, but slow (no ias)).
-Consider making Zod rws available to more item types, for example Desire to xbows, Hatred to spears, Oblivion?, etc.

No idea what is done the the low lvl sets but:
Angelics/Hsarus: Old versions were a little op imo, I propose full set bonus to be changed to +1 to all skills (from +2).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:04 pm 

Shadow Killer (Scissors Suwayyah) unique elite assassin claw seems to have +500% Enhanced Defense, i think that should be Damage. not sure if that is just a text error.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:07 pm 

Hflame wrote:
Shadow Killer (Scissors Suwayyah) unique elite assassin claw seems to have +500% Enhanced Defense, i think that should be Damage. not sure if that is just a text error.

yep - looks like a typo that got carried over from the Critterkiller website.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:40 pm 

I was just posting to make sure that you were able to fix/test the things from the textfile bug list. I saw that at least some things were done, but I don't know all the items quite well enough to know if unprocable skills were totally removed, etc.

If nothing else, you could send me a copy of a few files for me to fix and test. I finally have time off before leaving the Wednesday for a visit to the folks....why am i never around to play much just after resets?...it always happens in vanilla, too. :cry:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:42 pm 

kramuti wrote:
If nothing else, you could send me a copy of a few files for me to fix and test. I finally have time off before leaving the Wednesday for a visit to the folks....why am i never around to play much just after resets?...it always happens in vanilla, too. :cry:

Check the "Single Player Test" files in this forum for files to test.
Hoping to get a runes.txt file up this evening so people can test though as well.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:17 pm 

I dunno if I want to start posting in a bunch of places or one...but things like Bone runeword are not changed.

I know that different people are tackling different things, items, skills, etc, and all the .tbl files will have to be uniform. This is why it is important to make sure that those things that have been compiled in that list are fixed, and tested, and checked off the list by the appropriate superfixerupperextraodinare.

I would like to edit that list once more, just leaving some notes about some oddities that cannot be overcome, for future reference, and maybe an update if something else is found.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:20 pm 

kramuti wrote:
I dunno if I want to start posting in a bunch of places or one...but things like Bone runeword are not changed.

That is why I made a specific post for runewords. That post should answer your question.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:00 pm 

lols That was a subtle way of saying, beyond making sure that new edits are tested, make sure the old things aren't left unattended. Some of these have been overlooked.

I know you are organizing, and doing a ton of stuff at the moment. It's appreciated. I am just trying to remind those that are burning the candle at both ends not to forget the small things, like the list that was compiled over a period of about a year.

My testing time would be much more effective if I had a current version of DiabloII/Data/Global and Local if possible.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:49 pm 

I was just wondering are you guys on track to reset tomorrow?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:48 pm 

love the changes to runewords

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:04 am 

Elemental damage got insanely buffed. Melee damage got insanely nerfed. Like to the point where there is almost no incentive to play a melee character. Also looks like melee Druid and melee Paladin will be completely obsolete due to not having any class source of DS (as compared to Barb, Meleezon, and Meleesin).

Still withholding any major opinions til I play it, but it looks like there is going to be some huge huge changes. Also very concerned about Oskill Fire Mastery unbalancing the crap out of non-Sorc fire builds.

But, excited none the less.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:07 am 
Game Server Host

I'm excited to see what melee's do with the added elemental damage to attack though. I can see me making a tri elemental ww barb with mass amounts of + ele damage and pierce (at least I can pierce the elemental damage passively.)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:29 am 

gonna try the new phoenix sin , shadowkiller looks handy finally for it , 3 charges at once is gonna take the build up to a decent lvl of trash ability i believe and beeing able to stack meteors easier vs bosses

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:51 am 

ok, exam is over, d2 is back on my computer, i'm ready to play...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:32 am 

well..i think its about the time we should know any info about reset, link for new patch or something like that..i really cant wait..so hows it going?..and i dont wanna hear that its not gonna be today :( ..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:34 am 

All the info that I have is posted. With that said, I wouldn't expect a reset at the beginning of the day, it would be at the end of the day as there is still work to be done.

we could use people to test things (see threads titled "Need Single Player testing..)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:37 am 

thx for update.. :) i will w8

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:16 am 

well, i think it's gonna be late in europe then, so see you tomorrow.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:31 pm 

sticky this

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein

Offline Profile