Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:11 pm

Post subject: Re: HULaunch (Clientside Edits for 1.41)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:16 am 

Ensley03 wrote:
That new launcher is awesome. I just really wish +Flame Wave bonuses could be fixed.

Go ahead and fix it then beg duff to repatch the servers and reset again.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:15 pm 
Game Server Host

Ok, 1 final final update (really this time).
I say final update because I moved a lot of the variables to text files so I don't need to edit/recompile the actual program any more.

Changelog:
Rebuilt UI, made much more user friendly and a much better layout
Added Full Mod Install support, but it needs the core and packages packed into .exe's to be fully automated. Currently the Mod install buttons point to the .rars posted in the main patch topic. If you do use this feature, the files will be downloaded to HULaunch/patch. HULoad will open them itself if the mod files are packaged as 7zip .exes in future.

Made huge optimizations to the code side of it. Downloads/Future patch links can be added to the update.txt file in HULaunch/patch. The program reads that text file for each package. So if you have the "LITE" option selected and the D2SE User option unchecked. It will look at the corresponding line in that text file for the links to the correct CORE and client package needed, then download them when you press the button on the GUI.

D2SE users need to make sure they check the D2SE check box before installing edits and using the download functions.

Sooo in theory. For any future patches, the modder just needs to update HULaunch/patch/update.txt with the new links to each package. Even better if the links can stay the same and just set the version number in version.txt. Then you don't need anything but to press 2 buttons to update to the latest version.

Final build linked in the OP. Any other additions will be in small text file packs.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:48 pm 

It kind of sucks that this mod is borderline unplayable now alone. Why couldn't the monster strengths be increased more if you have a party and less terrible if you're alone? I don't have time to play all the time with a group but I was able to have fun solo before and now I can't even get out of A1 normal...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:05 pm 

Muchly appreciate the work Kevin, nicely done. A couple questions, could the files be fixed to include skills on LH, unless I'm doing something wrong mine don't. Also when I run launcher it doesn't start game. Not a D2SE user, so I leave that box unchecked, tried various settings from interface. Lastly, with it fully installed the game starting in 800x640 res mode even though I have dl'd hi-res patch.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:54 pm 
Game Server Host

kwikster wrote:
Muchly appreciate the work Kevin, nicely done. A couple questions, could the files be fixed to include skills on LH, unless I'm doing something wrong mine don't. Also when I run launcher it doesn't start game. Not a D2SE user, so I leave that box unchecked, tried various settings from interface. Lastly, with it fully installed the game starting in 800x640 res mode even though I have dl'd hi-res patch.

Thanks!

I just skimmed the internal code and found the problem with launching via button, I had it searching the wrong directory for game.exe (a relic left over from previous builds). Thats fixed so ty :D. (I'll link a fix as soon as I get all issues sorted)

By skills on LH do you mean left click skills? Those should be included but i'll double check after. If that's what you mean, are there some skills in particular that need to be set as left clickable?

Not sure about the 800x600. That's really odd. Can you let me know what edits are installed when it's starting in 800x600? Are all the UI elements set up for 800x600 when it happens?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:11 pm 
Game Server Host

Ok i got all that sorted. Had to add a "Run D2ModSetup" button to the UI, you need to run D2ModSetup after fully installing all edits.

I have a question for anyone who uses glide (Non D2SE users). I ran into a few problems, maybe someone can assist with some info.

1: starting the game with the -w command completely turns glide off. I tried adding a -3dfx command also and still no dice... Any pointers?
2: When I start the game using glide and the windowed option checked in the glide settings, I can't move the window. HALP!

I'll upload the fixes in a few mins. If you are using glide, disable the windowed option on HU launch and it'll default to the glide settings.

Edit: still wondering about skills LH

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:15 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
I just skimmed the internal code and found the problem with launching via button, I had it searching the wrong directory for game.exe (a relic left over from previous builds). Thats fixed so ty :D. (I'll link a fix as soon as I get all issues sorted)
Thanks a lot.

PureRage-DoD wrote:
By skills on LH do you mean left click skills? Those should be included but i'll double check after. If that's what you mean, are there some skills in particular that need to be set as left clickable?
Yes, left click skills. Haven't played around with many chars yet, but I do know my necro curses don't show on lh as clickable.

PureRage-DoD wrote:
Not sure about the 800x600. That's really odd. Can you let me know what edits are installed when it's starting in 800x600? Are all the UI elements set up for 800x600 when it happens?
I notice as soon as I click on loader to start, since the launcher wasn't functioning. The easiest way I know hen it's not right is I hear the traditional D2 launch sound and see the old blizz screens. If I remove the launcher and associated items it launches in hi-res. The only edits installed come from launcher, always liked your edits so when possible I use them. It may help to know this was a clean install on a new machine with win8, retired my old XP machines finally.

EDIT: Just logged in, noticed skills on left click. Only Amp so far (still low level) not on left only on right. Can't recall of it ever was on left, haven't played many necros.

Thanks in advance,
Carl

Last edited by kwikster on Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:17 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
1: starting the game with the -w command completely turns glide off. I tried adding a -3dfx command also and still no dice... Any pointers?
2: When I start the game using glide and the windowed option checked in the glide settings, I can't move the window. HALP!

I'll upload the fixes in a few mins. If you are using glide, disable the windowed option on HU launch and it'll default to the glide settings.

Edit: still wondering about skills LH
As for one, have you tried using the window mode function in glide, might be a workable solution, haven't played windowed yet. Old machine didn't like it.

I see what you mean about not being able to move it. Not sure why either.

Last edited by kwikster on Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:28 pm 
Game Server Host

Yeh It works if i use the windowed option in the glide settings (need to uncheck the windowed option in HULaunch in that case), but when I do that, I can't move the window :x Happens when launching via HULoad or manually launching via game.exe so I think it's an issue with my settings anyway.

I set up a clean D2 folder and patched it for HU to bugfix everything for non D2SE. I was able to replicate the switch to lowres, and the fix is to close the game and run D2ModSetup because there are some .dll changes.
I added a button for it on the latest launcher build

Going through sills.txt now to add left click to anything I missed. Update coming in ~15 mins.

Edit: will be a bit longer, something came up

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:50 am 
Game Server Host

Updated, see OP.

Adjusted the UI

Added a configure button used to correctly setup any update ready for installation. If you download an update, you need to click this to reconfigure. If no updated files are detected it does nothing.

Added d2mod button. You may need to run it after installing.uninstalling clientside edits and/or the full mod packages

Fixed the launch button

Updated clientside text edits with some minor stuff

Updated the readme for end user and readme for modders

As always, any feedback/suggestions are welcome!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: HULaunch 0.1.0 (Clientside Edits for 1.41)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:50 pm 
Game Server Host

Updated main link. New version moves everything into a .ini file, so we don't need loads of text files to configure what link is what etc. Not a super important update but grab it when you get the chance.

When you get it. Run HULaunch and click the button in the top right corner to reconfigure.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: HULaunch 0.1.0 Inc client edits
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:08 pm 

Uh.. cool and all.. But where's the download link??

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:37 pm 
Game Server Host

I removed it yesterday as I was uploading 1.41d because the new version has full support for 1.41d. I'll relink soon

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:06 pm 

Will you include instructions on how to update from previous versions? Would be very helpful. I'm sure it's simple.. But I could use it

Thanks

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:18 pm 
Game Server Host

Yeh its easy, you just download > extract to HU folder, > run HU launch and click the button in the top right to reconfigure.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:03 pm 
Game Server Host

Link back up, all setup for 1.41d. Delete any existing data folder in your HU folder

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:01 pm 
Game Server Host

fixed and updated database. Redownload.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:22 pm 

Can't seem to make this work with D2SE.

After extraction, D2SE doesn't show a configure mod button, I have to use HUlaunch.exe
Following the instructions, I used the big diablo-ish button in HU launch and it gave me a message. After that, I tried checking the D2SE, Lite, the TXT and the other button which I don't remember the name of for showing hp.

At first it just didn't work. There were "Evil force" everywhere in the skill descriptions,
Then when I tried removing the edits, (all of them), the game crashed on game join.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:05 pm 
Game Server Host

delete existing data folder before configuring. I'll add a d2se_setup to enable the configure button tomorrow

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:45 am 
Game Server Host

updated, fixed full version and included d2modsetup. If you are a d2se user and updating the core, you need to extract the core to MODS not your existing HU folder. Patch goes into the new core folder.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:51 am 

oh forget about the psot.. i rebooted and problem was fixed ! ty nyway

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: HULaunch 0.1.0 Inc client edits (Discontinued)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:20 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
Note: This is for on old version and has been discontinued until I have time to make the whole updating process easier for everyone.

Downloads
Please read the instructions below!
HULaunch 0.1.0:
http://www.speedyshare.com/282xC/downlo ... -1.41d.exe
(Fixed and updated database)

====================================================
HULaunch can be used to configure HU clientside edits, and to download and setup the correct mod packages whenever there is an update. It can also be used to launch the game, multiple times if required, with each window having it's own unique settings.

Install instructions:
Non D2SE:

Extract the base to your HU folder and run D2Launch.exe
Click the button in the top right corner when running for the first time, or when installing a HULaunch update and delete and Data folder if your HU folder!

D2SE
Extract the base to your HU folder inside your MODS directory and start D2SE. Highlight HU and click the CONFIGURE MOD button to set everything up for D2SE and open HULaunch.
Click the button in the top right corner when running for the first time, or when installing a HULaunch update

How to HULaunch:
Check boxes:
D2SE User: Tick if you are using D2SE BEFORE configuring anything else
Text Edits: If ticked, will enable the text edits listed below
D2Client Edits: If ticked, will enable the D2Client edits below
D2Gfx Edits: If ticked,will enable the D2Gfx edits below
No Sound: Enable/disable sound
Windowed: Open game in windowed mode
LITE: Tells HU launch what package you are using, or want to download. On for Lite, off for Full

Buttons:
Config (Top Right): Checks if there are more up to date HU launch files ready to set up. Click this whenever you download a HULaunch update!
Update Core: Downloads the most up to date core,(looks at D2SE checkbox to see what core is needed)
Update MOD: Downloads most up to patch (checks LITE check box to see what version to download)
Database: Opens most up to date HU item list
Update Edits: Used to update clientside edits.Only if more up todate edits are available
D2ModSetup: runs D2ModSetup
Launch Hell Unleashed: Launch the game with the desired settings

HULaunch Changelog
0.0.3:
1: Finished GUI, added better buttons.
2: Added new version checker button that searches the patch directory for a HULaunch folder. If one is found, it will remove all edits, revert to default settings and overwrite any out of date files with the ones found in the Patch directory, then clear the patch directory and relaunch HULaunch.
3: Added new text file to the func folder that tells HULoad the path of the image file for the new buttons.
4: Removed some old code that was pointing to the wrong path for Diablo II.exe (Fixes the Launch Game button)
5: Added D2ModSetup button. If the game starts in 800x600, you just need to exit and click this button then relaunch the game. Only required after fully installing/uninstalling all edits

1: Created basic UI
2: Added Download support for the BASE and Client packages
3: Added game launcher and window/sound/edits options
4: Added database functionality

Initial build, client edits installer
======================================================

Clientside Edits (Text Edits) Notes/Changelog:
CoS darkness reduced to 1 second.

Code Edits:
D2Client Edit
Display string for poison enchanted mobs:
Always display health and mana value over orbs

D2gfx Edit
Allow opening multiple instances

Note If you are a non D2SE user, + using glide, selecting the windowed option will disable glide. To play windowed with glide, set the option in your glide settings and set HULaunch windowed mode OFF.

Kev did you ever made version of that client side that was working with 1.21z or is the last version working with it ?

Offline Profile