Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 pm

Post subject: Realm Reset timing update - moving to tomorrow
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:05 pm 

Changes are still in progress, but I don't believe I will be able to get a finalized set of files to Soulmancer any earlier than this evening. While I had hoped to get them all out by this morning, that just didn't come to pass.

It is possible that I won't get them completed until as late as early tomorrow afternoon, but I am very much going to try and avoid that

Apologies for the delay, this is simply more time consuming that anticipated with the extensive testing, but I don't want to rush something out that is riddled with errors or missing features.

*update*
Got in touch with Duff who had been out of the loop for a bit. He is going to put some work in to the realm changes tonight and will be available for a realm reset tomorrow. The realm change is the deal where NM chars can't do quests for norm folks - so it is worth trying to get that in.

Besides, I don't know how much more caffeine I can drink, so a little time tonight is a good thing for me :P

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Realm Reset timing update
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:08 pm 

Fine by me! No point being riddled with problems.

Keep up the good work!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:36 pm 

perfect should be done when i get off work. looking fwd to the challenges faced with the new changes,

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:10 pm 

I appreciate the update. For me, just keeping us posted on the timeline is the most important so I can shift things around to prepare when the patch is done. Thanks for all the work Blue.

blue_myriddn wrote:
Changes are still in progress, but I don't believe I will be able to get a finalized set of files to Soulmancer any earlier than this evening. While I had hoped to get them all out by this morning, that just didn't come to pass.

It is possible that I won't get them completed until as late as early tomorrow afternoon, but I am very much going to try and avoid that

Apologies for the delay, this is simply more time consuming that anticipated with the extensive testing, but I don't want to rush something out that is riddled with errors or missing features.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:23 pm 

blue_myriddn wrote:

Yeah I understand your position on the reset status. I just came across HU 3 nights ago and since then have been researching through the forums about the reset. Im totally psyched to play, but dont wanna waste time seeing how its gonna reset anyway. Keep up the good work and lmk if theres anything I can do to help speed things along properly! As much as ive played thus far, HU is absolutely the way to play d2! Terry has done a fine job on this mod! Keep us updated on this my friend, and I will be hoping that it will begin tonight instead of tomorrow afternoon.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Realm Reset timing update - moving to tomorrow
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:36 pm 

Do the schockwave buff! I need it for Rabies/S.Wave dru! lolz

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:28 pm 

Yeah if possible test the shockwave changes (maybe add an additional synergy on top of whats already suggested if the damage is too low)

Or reconsider the 1/8th weapon damage attached to the skill? :)

Either way, keep up the good work. So excited for tomorrow!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:42 pm 

Wpn dmg may be really good and goes with the basic maul theme. I was hoping to keep it flat so i could hybrid it easier, but the weapon dmg way is probably better.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:51 pm 
Game Server Host

bah on the quest change (just my opinion)...working on 2nd computer for hosting...just got it today...try and see what I can get set up...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:29 am 

so hows it going?:)..any time estimate?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:50 am 

samtarios wrote:
so hows it going?:)..any time estimate?

some folks did some great testing while I was asleep, so we are looking good for going live today.

I would still LOVE to get some more folks single player testing though. Now is the time to catch the errors and get them fixed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:57 am 

thx..i have 5:00 pm so i wanted to know if i can play today..like about 2 or 3 hours or something like that..but u prolly dont know yet..

Offline Profile