Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:43 pm

Post subject: Things to point out for 1.9
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:45 pm 

Many things need to be fixed for 1.9 to really be hu again granted 1.8 was a great step..
1 All the mob monsters with there ww need to go back to what attack they had before ..Zealots in a3 for one look stupid and they don't die like they should ..who's ever idea it was to add ww skill to so many mobs was just plain stupid..
2 Trap sin need nerf they are way over powered and that goes for every ele type ..
3 Mobs elemental res needs to be lower ..there is no reason for a lvl 90 char with the right setup and auras that they can't brake immunes .. example my lvl 91 Fnova sorc has conviction hole freeze and Lr at can't brake simple monster immunes that's just wrong..Boss I can understand but who's stupid idea was this..
4 Make soul shards on act bosses drop for everyone in the party this will stop ninja looters in pub games ..plus it's a real pain in the ass farming them act 2 comes to mind here
5 Take the exp out of cows...
6 Take out all the Median xl shit and make it look and feel like hu ..so many Median xl references to list..
7 Armor def needs to be higher maybe a Max on elite items 200 ed ..
That's all for now I will post more things later ..
Cheers

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Things to point out for 1.9
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:57 pm 

Asteroth wrote:
6 Take out all the Median xl shit and make it look and feel like hu ..so many

I've never played Median, mind stating some of these for those of us who don't know?

I agree with ww on mobs, it's just too buggy.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:26 pm 

Most of the new areas look to much like Median ..The trolls and troll orbs are from median most of the new Boss counters are from median.
Other things to suggest the tp to Mancer and hero's needs to be moved . running the the river in act 4 is just nuts the map is to big then when you find it you have another huge map..
Sorrow trail boss the summons need to be nerfed plus the size of the place to fight him makes it damn near impossible to do it..I can't even think of doing it on hc..
Frost shield on a sorc seems very week as well . My lvl 92 Sorc has a lvl 45 shield and it's only around 35 persent defense it at least be around 60 ..

That's all for now cheers

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:56 pm 

I found light trapper to be somewhat weaker than many other previous patches. Dealing with counter spam is difficult, yet, sometimes rewarding. But, not so rewarding this patch.

However,
Death sentry doesn't override other traps and because of that it can be spammed. When one spams death sentry, it fires corpse explosion as fast as one can cast it. With only 1, more powerful death sentry... this patch, it completely dominates all other traps... and anything else for that matter... in terms of clearing trash of course.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:22 am 

I hope someone is already, but if not, let us please re evaluate the fire enchanted es mobs.. getting one shotted at 4.5k life max res/sorbs in nm of all places...

Lifes what you make it, so make it how you want to live it, if your life isnt what you wanted, then maybe you should change it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:34 am 

Hi! How 1.9 progression is going? Are you going to keep tradition and release & patch in early jan as usually? Not trying to pressure, just wondering :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:15 pm 
Site Admin

Who is working on this anyway?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:36 am 

Soulmancer wrote:
Who is working on this anyway?

AFAIK there are 2 patches being worked on right now, one by Mrawskrad and one by Brevan. Mraw's patch is a continuation of 1.8, Brevan's patch is a continuation of 1.7. I haven't seen either of them lately, but last time I spoke with each of them it sounded like their new patches were both ready to go

EDIT: edits

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:58 pm 
Site Admin

Huh... why would there be two versions being developed? Different focuses?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:44 pm 

They're very different patches, both have been worked on independent of one another for many years. I think both developers just have a different idea of how the game should be played. So far the feedback has been really favorable for Mraw's patch though.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:06 pm 

jesus christ no more 1.7 style please!!!!!!!!111 Mrawskrad's 1.8 is very decent so I expect his 1.9 will be even better 8-)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:15 am 

hoping to see mrawskrads next version, where is mraw ? ^_^

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:55 pm 

Al and I wouldn't have quit this season if ES FE Ancients wasn't ohko'ing our lvl 90s in NM. We were having a lot of fun on 1.8 as a duo. Trash wasn't unbearable like 1.7, and bosses were feeling like a challenge (which I was pleasantly surprised about. I thought bosses would be hard to balance with the removal of juvs)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:09 am 

Mraw on hiatus, super busy with other stuff

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:41 pm 

slappyNuts wrote:
Al and I wouldn't have quit this season if ES FE Ancients wasn't ohko'ing our lvl 90s in NM. We were having a lot of fun on 1.8 as a duo. Trash wasn't unbearable like 1.7, and bosses were feeling like a challenge (which I was pleasantly surprised about. I thought bosses would be hard to balance with the removal of juvs)

Yea after spending a lot of time gearing up for hell ancients and losing the char on a random bug with ES/FE it wasn't worth the time. Especially being overly indexed to tanking everything, and losing a full 9k life bulb on one hit.

Definitely moved towards the right direction, i think some trash in normal needed a bit of nerfing life-wise, and in hell the immunities need to go on trash/highly reduced so they can be broken with a character's LR or conviction. Bosses were fine, maybe some beefing up but nothing insane.

I don't think anything can truly bring back a giant following anymore - we are talking about a 10 year old mod on a 20 year old game. Unless the mod is completely revamped, all new skills, new monsters, bosses, items, everything, people just lose the interest in replaying over and over and over again when most everything that is changed are balance issues and item/boss/skill tweaks. Don't get me wrong, 1.8 was a lot of fun but it's not much different than the mod has been for a while, people end up playing it, beat it in a week or two, and move on to something else until the next iteration comes out 6-12 months later. Without skill GCs to grind for (which does completely ruin any challenge in the game), there's no staying power.

Offline Profile