Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:08 pm

Post subject: is it hard to modify mp version to SP
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:37 pm 

so here i am ... ive bee trying a few patchs here and there and i just cant put the hand on the right 1 for me at this point ... i use to play some more hu before. now that i have a 2years old son i dont have muthc time to farm and GEAR properly before fighting boss. i have to say i really enjoyed 1.8 but those 1hit ko kill my mood since i dont have the time+patience to roll a char again ... ppl wil lsay play SC but as soon as i make a sc char i lost all interest in playing the cahr properly since i can simply reset to town and try again ... so i would like to reduce the difficulty of 1.8 to be able to play it solo and maybe remove the 95 % res on monster to not have so mutch immune probleme ... so i wonder is is really hard to do such a thing ? i never ever moded, my english is not on point as you guys probly realized already so is it worthy to try ???? or is there a light on 1.9 coming soon? will you guys have a release of a SP version ? let me know i just cant whipe hu away but i just cant play it either zzz thx !!!!!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: is it hard to modify mp version to SP
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:49 pm 
Site Admin

It is pretty easy actually yes. I'm rusty as it's been a long time since I looked at Diablo 2 modding. But there the D2mod.INI in the main route directory that can be edited.

Increase maximum resistances from 66% to something higher, as this will be applied only to the player.

The HP Table is the % bonus to health monsters receive... currently at 250% for 1 player so drop this to 0.

Those are easy tweaks... anything more than that you'll need to extract the bins & txts from the MPQ file and you can make tweaks to the difficultylevels.txt, to reduce bonuses enemies get to there skill levels from normal-hell... convert it from txt back to bin and then recompile the MPQ.

Offline Profile