Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:29 am

Post subject: Clean install
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:45 am 

Hey everyone, im trying to make a new clean install of D2 and so i've uninstalled and deleted all HU and D2 files and data, BUT every time i try to install and update the game (digital download from BNET), the only Realm available is Arimyth network, not a single BNET realm, I dont understand how its possible, a fresh install of d2 from their official website, with no HU files on my pc except for compressed patch data from previous patches. The only problem is i want to have a game folder for BNET and one for HU, but upon installing the LOD patch the game gets an error and wont run, im guessing i need to update through bnet in d2 beforehand, but alas, only arimyth network.
Cheers to anyone who can help, as i am so fucking confused.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Clean install
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:41 am 

This does not make any sense, ive gone into program data and deleted whatever files were hidden there, and still arimyth network still makes its way into any fresh install.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Clean install
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:07 pm 

The gateway options are part of the Windows Registry. Some programs are impolite about cleaning that up when they're uninstalled. You mentioned having a couple D2 folders in the future, in which case I'd recommend using D2SE for the moddable D2 folder. I'm pretty sure D2SE doesn't require mods to edit the registry for their gateways since that information is stored in the .ini file for each mod. When you get your next version of HU compatible with D2SE, don't run d2modsetup.bat since that isn't necessary for D2SE and I think that results in the gateway changes in the registry.

This tech support thread seems good enough for solving the issue:
http://forum.arimyth.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=21168

Offline Profile