It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:53 pm

Post subject: Re: My 1.7 edits come test
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:20 pm 

ive been trying to recruit the mxl community to test, but not much luck :(

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:58 pm 

P.S.

-Vengeance is messed up now. level 40 Vengeance with a 36-84 weapon (2060-4808 Vengeance dmg) does almost no damage to monsters in cold plains of normal on the nova. The hit kills the main target, but the nova does almost nothing.

-Blessed Hammer might be too strong because the Might synergy that ups Concentration directly ups BH. Level 44 BH/Might/Conc is 6506 damage. I'm not sure how to address this - perhaps just slightly reduce the coefficient of Conc to BH rather than nerfing the Might synergy to Conc.

-Howl and Battle Command could be made to have more purpose than 1 point. Maybe make BC add 1% magic pierce per 2 hard points and 6 soft points? How about removing Taunt, and make Howl also do what Taunt does on a lesser scale since it's aoe. Such as enemy flees for 5 sec for X yards, and also -1% defense and phys resist per 2 levels. Just an idea.

-Grim Ward could also use a change, since it's hard to invision someone ever putting 20 points into this. What about also making it a totem turret that also shoots a small bone projectile (just use the Fetish pea-shooter missile, or those gargoyle ninja star traps?) at a nearby target, causing damage and lowering their attack speed in addition to the movement speed debuff. Limit the number of totems to 1 at a time. Make the damage largely based on hard points so it isn't a 1 point wonder of extra free damage. Perhaps add additional missiles based on hard points. Again, just an idea. :D

-I'm a little worried that the Necro poison skills are too good without requiring synergies. The old "forced" 60 point build of it, along with 20 in LR, limited your sub-spec by a lot. Also, Confuse is really strong, perhaps by accident. It says it may not be overridden by another curse, but it definitely can be, and the radius+duration is insane. In fact, you can use confuse + IM and go afk while the entire screen of mobs kills each other. This is exacerbated by using Attract to force their targets first, and Attract only requires 1 point. As you can imagine, this with golems and poison nova(that requires no synergies) to finish them off is quite insane. This could be fixed by making confuse have a VERY low radius and duration, and having it raise very slowly through hard and soft points. Something like a 2 second duration and a 1 yard radius, and it goes up 0.5 seconds and 0.5 yards per level. And/Or give it a cooldown or a very high mana cost? Or, just make it so confuse doesn't stack. Come up with something. :P

Also, the unbreakable immunities is a little silly IMO. lvl 48 LR - 34% - can't crack a garbage boss in A1 Hell. In fact, that lvl 48 LR can't even crack Rakanishu's lightning immunity in normal :lol: Seems to defeat the purpose of LR/Conviction o.O

Perhaps more to come as I continue.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:08 pm 

if you nerf hammer pls dont make it irrelevant i want to use it next patch ty.

btw i use most barbarian skills like taunt and sometimes grim ward. they are quite useful imo, grim ward could be a 1pter too and find potion as well lol, but they are definitely useful

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:40 pm 

Venge is working as it has for years. You must be doing something wrong or confused on how it actually works. The Nova doesn't benefit from the ED% from venge itself.

Hammer might be OP, but its not broken. It's also cancer to use, so it should be stronger than average.

-Barb warcrys...maybe but I won't right now. Trying to get this finished. Barb is fine and fun and strong now. He doesn't need it. Less is more. At a certain point you are just added shit just to add shit.

-Nercro poison. maybe its too strong maybe not. we will see. If someone wants to wait for IM+confuse then go for it. I already cleared the map with X skill while you are waiting for quillrats to kill eachother.

-unique mobs can get unbreakable immunities with the unique mods they get. It's fine....stop QQing. Jesus Christ.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:18 pm 

Please go test the nova before you insult me. I'm using a 539-732 Phase Blade with 255 str, and lvl 48 Vengeance with lvl 48 conviction and concentration. That's 2563 normal attack white damage (5862 with conc) and the nova cannot kill monsters in act 2 of normal.

This is my weapon, stats, and the damage the nova does to a Fallen in A1 Hell.

http://imgur.com/a/SnTEB

The single target damage is great, everything dies in 1 hit, but the nova is butt worthless.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:11 pm 

I've been playing a melee paladin the last week legit. Venge is fine. I even tested venge with a white crystal sword before my last post and I was killing a2 normal mobs just fine. It's been fine on my entire journey from lvl 1 to lvl 78. You must have different expectations or you are doing something wrong. I have no idea. Its fine for me nothing about it has changed since 1.5. No one else has had problems with it.

I didn't even insult you. You are QQing about immune random unique mobs. The game is meant to be hard. You can use a merc/different skill to kill some trash ass random unique monster. Simple as that.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:40 am 

in hell you should try using conviction and ele pierce in gear then vengeance should work just fine.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:41 am 

how would you finish act 1 with a bone necro? i ask because to me bone spear seems like the way but its dmg is about 160, next lvl 180 and going to trist it takes about 2:40 to kill griswold hitting with bone spear repeatedly nearly the entire time, thats longer than it may sound like.
and looking at docs, he shows as 630 hp.
andy 27k hp, about 30x gris according to docs, which would take arround 90 minutes with this setup, then assuming that i buff my dmg and hit nonstop it would still be maybe 1 hour accourding to those numbers.
what am i missing here?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:34 am 

In the BossStats file he included I see Griswold has 1510 HP, 0% Magic resist and 17% Magic Absorb. Your Bone Spear (at the 160 you indicated) should hit him for ~133 damage and kill him in 11 casts.

Andariel has 29760 HP, 0% Magic resist, and 17% Magic Absorb, requiring 223 casts of that same level Bone Spear.

If I had to guess what you were missing with Griswold, I would say, cheekily, your bone spears? :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:25 am 

lol no, i just forgot to extract the new files from the zip :oops:
looks like it wont be sleep mode anymore then, thats good. gonna test gris soon

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:37 am 

http://i.imgur.com/O9slSCH.jpg
well... this is 50 bone spears at 157-181 magic dmg each. looks like overall it will take something like 250 bone spears

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:40 pm 

that xp boost in blood moor could be reduced again. not to base but the increase amount could be 40% of what it is now, because atm its an xp fest and trivializes the xp in den of evil and blood moor

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:12 pm 

I don't mind the xp boost because it drops off a cliff at level 7.

BTW Mraw - have you made certain that the music will function properly on realm; no broken boss loops?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:08 pm 

well at p8 i was still getting really good xp at lvl 10 which seemed very much comparable to cold plains, except the enemies are much easier, but if everyone else doesnt mind the imbalance early game then i wont disagree because its just the first 12 lvls or so and those can be a drag. its just that it feels like a downgrade to go into den of evil or cold plains lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:51 pm 

Some general info that might be handy while testing:
  • Here's a quick reference about staffmods. They're not the same as automods (some sites might confuse these but the files are pretty clear on the difference). I'd recommend searching for more information if you'd like to know more about HShield or Smite since those are both special case staffmods in D2 with hardcoded behavior. Despite the level changes of skills, they will belong to the same tiers as always since those are determined by their placement in the skills.txt file.
  • The BossStats webpage doesn't multiply monster HP when they spawn with mods (e.g. ManaBurn), so Gris' HP will be larger than in the webpage, and also the webpage maker doesn't consider d2mod.ini, which icreases monster HP more than in v1.7. I'm not sure, but I think a 10x multiplier for a SuperUnique's listed HP isn't too far off the mark.
  • Griswold is ManaBurn, which still adds 20% magic resist just like it always has. Consider using a merc that you can keep safe by distracting the boss with something like a summon, at least until you get BoneSpirit.
  • XP in D2 is reduced when you are more than 5 levels above the monster. It's a pretty fast drop, so if you need more XP for the next level while monsters are giving you less, then yeah you'll feel it like a wall. Fallen are level 1, I'd expect the SpearMaidens in CPlains to be level 2-3, so after char level 7 you won't be gaining much XP in those low areas. This is normal for any version of D2.
  • Music is handled client-side, so if you are seeing issues on the realm, then it's worthwhile to first look into your installation. The realm uses the normal resolution (800x600) no music version of patch_d2.mpq.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:41 pm 

I was thinking about some skills that became redundand without the synergies that will most certainly not see any play and what possibly can be done to change that

Sorc lvl 1 skills:
Firebolt - This skill dmg is meh and obviously compared to rest fire line just 0% of it being used...

I suggest swaping with the OLD FLAMEWAVE :D:D:D ( Im not giving up on it he )

Coldbolt
Not sure what to do with this one? mby someone has some suggestions.

to add to the argument compare them skills to chargedbolt, which has amazing mechanic and can dish out syrious single and multi target damage.

Barbarian standard leap? No idea. compleatly useless skill.
Edit: Make it synergise with the Atack Leap? by adding some leap mechanic?
stun, freeze, aura, curse, something like that. Perhaps there is a window here to make some interesting Leap build?Aoe Knockback?

Leap Attack into aoe something and than WW stuff xD

Everyone loves to leap attack right. Its awesome.

now...there was one more skill I alwayes wished to have been slightly modified, I never dared to ask :D, but what the hell!!

Firestorm is a good skill and in its current state seems to be in "ok" spot. But how about make it rly awesome? Perhaps make it scale in lenght with levels?

Im not talkin here Diablo style firestorm xD, more like +30% 50%? 50 might be overdoing it :P.

Some of my thoughts I wanted to throw out there.

GG WP its gona be a nice patch.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:28 pm 

Firebolt and Icebolt do good damage for boss fights and will incur fewer boss counters than other spells.

Offline Profile