Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 am

Post subject: HU dead? What's going on? Anyone working on a patch?
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:08 am 

Never seen HU so dead before. What happened?

I'm playing around with my older edits. Might upload them for people to play on TCP or Open with a couple friends. Anyone interested?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: HU dead? What's going on? Anyone working on a patch?
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:49 am 

oi , server not active much these days, people played through during winter months tho.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:39 pm 

My recent thoughts regarding the state of things haven't changed.

I'm not planning on a v1.7c, but v1.7b (changes download) was just made available a couple days ago. Duff hasn't be available to update the realm yet.

Last I heard, Cory wanted to work on v1.8, and was thinking of making it very similar to v1.3 (there were several folks who seemed interested in replaying an older patch with few changes). There haven't been recent updates on the progress of that plan, so perhaps he's just busy. If you've got the time and interest, consider asking him if he'd like a hand. If he's lost the time and interest, then perhaps you could design v1.8 around your older edits and new ideas.

What kinds of changes did you have in mind with your older edits? I always enjoy hearing creative ideas. You're welcome to use resources (monster skill damage automation, item ideas, etc) of v1.7.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 6:33 pm 

That was a very modest way of stating that people just left because the last few patches were just... I'll stop there. I haven't been posting here for a while, I know. I only checked back now because some of my friends have been playing Path of Diablo and I was wondering if anything happened to HU. Let's say I'm not surprised.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:44 pm 

My patch is based on 1.5 that was on realm if anyone remembers that. It added a lot of new boss skills and some new bosses and a bigger realm of the slain for farming. I fixed the issues of that patch. No more Str pots, etc. Buffed or reworked slightly most unused skills. like fire druids, for example. Dual element sorcs are possible and strong and so are dual element caster druids.

Everything is fleshed out already it just needs more play throughs to test stuff. If anyone is interested I can send the files and we can play on hamachi.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:42 pm 

The current HU design isn't enjoyable to play. Previous major revisions were different from the original but not so far away as to be unrecognizable. This build is a boring grind and the "0" players on realm is your proof.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:52 am 

nedder wrote:
The current HU design isn't enjoyable to play. Previous major revisions were different from the original but not so far away as to be unrecognizable. This build is a boring grind and the "0" players on realm is your proof.

I agree.

I i certainly appreciate the hard work they put into the game, but the latest patch had to many " bad" changes ( opinion ). The last patch was alot more fun.

Offline Profile