Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:16 am

Post subject: no glory in an easy victory bring back the original hu!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:57 am 

ive noticed you made some monsters easier... what are you doing i came to hell unleashed the 1st month it came out and loved it... it was uber hard no

soloeing or rushing.. and needing help and groups and teams and clans... back that day this mod had full games all the time.. then you mad eit so

easy i know of a guy named pappy who can solo the entire game except for that necro uber boss... everything up to that is a cake walk for him...

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? this game used to be the ultimate challnge people came from all over to prove it was easy and lost the bet... and now i come

back... to this... mod that is so easy... i stopped playing... please bring back the life of the mod... its a joke now especially with pappy bragging

about his merc being able to solo hell =/ also create a trade economy
without that the servers will remain empty... TRADE ECONOMY IS HOW A

D2 SERVER RUNS. AND STAYS FULL OF PEOPLE.. a drop mod is how a single player mod is run so they can see all the cool stuff... i dont know just give

it a think over and maybe youll see my point... median messed up too its now just a drop mod and lost more then 70% of its players... cuz laz made

it too easy... nay sayers swarm to impossible mods to look for glory and power... there is no glory in an easy victory :oops:

=======================================================
if i havent proved my point... think about hwo the mod steadily got easier... and how just as steadily you lost more... more... more.. and mor eplayers till you got stuck with barely 35 players online 24/7 not even...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: no glory in an easy victory bring back the original hu!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:18 am 

HU certainly has gotten easier, and it's not just the fact that we've learned how to overcome all of it's tougher points.

Keep in mind though that the purpose of some of the most recent patches was to make Normal difficulty quite easy for new players that were having trouble forming groups (once the ladder race has ended, people often rush their chars to Hell to farm items). Soloing normal even with an underpowered build isn't impossible.

Considering the inevitable balancing troubles that occur with every patch, it's easy to see how people with poison necros are not having any trouble, especially after they've gotten all of their final items. Keep in mind that HU was designed to be easy for players who have gotten those final items.

About the only way to rekindle the challenge of your original HU experience is to form a party of like-minded players who are willing to avoid the currently over-powered builds and play untwinked (or only moderately twinked). Basically you have to design your party so that it has troubles in some areas. Your challenge comes from overcoming those self-inflicted obstacles.

I recommend playing a Convictor, Thorns-Barb, or Blazer. All 3 would make quite an amusing team.

Summary:
HU is easier by design because people requested it. HU's design also opens up builds that are less powerful but interesting for players who want that experience.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:05 am 
Game Server Host

I'd like to see pappy soloing ANY of LoS, or hell baal, or hell castle.

Has anyone on hc even been to los since I stopped playing?

Play through naked if you want a challenge. Thats alotta fun.

Ps. is Pappys necro still alive?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:00 am 

pappy ... lol ^^

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:08 am 

ya pappy... you sound like you know him hes the godliest there is i know of and even worse he plays hc only O_O... he made like only 1 post (or two on this forumn that i know if ) and if you wana seee those guys soloed pm pappy and ask for a demonstration...

or wisper him ingame :P his user name is pappy :P he loves to use vent by the way and hes a really chill guy :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:32 am 
Game Server Host

I know him, I carried him through alot of the game... I know he can't solo LoS too, or hell baal. Theres only a few people who have done los on hc this season and pappy ain't one.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:33 am 

a lot of people "talk" about things that they can do, but when it comes to actually doing it, suddenly there are all sorts of caveats added in.

I remember some guy bragging that Meph was no challenge and he could solo him easy. So I told him to prove it. Turns out he could "solo" him easy with a party along with him (Oak & BO). His claim was that "he did most of the damage, so it was just like soloing". Ya, right.

Incidentally, no disrespect to Pappy - he's a nice guy and I can't imagine he believes he can solo all of those things either.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:04 am 

I can do everything in los...... all 5 "act" levels and everything besides the druid and necro..... sometimes the assassin gets me... but I don't really alter my setup for her but yeah Pappy can't :P its just that simple

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:15 am 

hunterAS wrote:
I can do everything in los...... all 5 "act" levels and everything besides the druid and necro..... sometimes the assassin gets me... but I don't really alter my setup for her but yeah Pappy can't :P its just that simple

Assuming you have the right party, or an overpowered character (hammerdin). Otherwise, areas still provide you with a challenge as I have seen first hand.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:36 am 

tis true ;)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:10 pm 
Game Server Host

I still aint killed the necro on hc :(. need edd on for some big oak lovin then gonna try to smite him :P and ya the sins nasty damage spikes are harsh as fook.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:40 pm 

Man... where do all these people play, who find the whole journey from blood moor normal to hell baal easy without rushing. I wonder why people are rushing past the exact hard parts, atleast on SC, and then I read this opinion about the game being easy. Yes, it may be easy to solo some areas when you are at a very high level with very strong items. The question is just, how did you get there? If you got there by rushing past the hardest and most annoying parts, then the game was not too easy. It was harder than you could handle just by playing with people at the intended level range, which is the reason why you rushed. I am not talking to OP specifically, just a musing over the complete lack of people playing unrushed through the game compared to the not so rare complaint that the game is easy.

Of course it is easy when you skip the hard parts!

Now IF you can find a good party that is not rushing, then maybe the game is of varying difficulty depending on the strength of the group. But I just find it absurd that some complain about the difficulty of the game when there are so few actually tackling it without circumventing the difficulty in a way that was not intended, ie. rushing, atleast on SC. Just maybe the hard part of the game is doing that Meph normal or Diablo nightmare with the gear available.

If many people find it easy to play through the game from start to hell Baal on SC ladder, then I direly want to play with you.

The game is a whole experience starting from the first time you set foot in the village till you kill hell Baal. Where are all these people who are playing through the game without circumventing the difficulty in an unintended way by rushing through the exact hard parts that make HU more difficult.

No doubt you will find the game easier and less challenging, if you skip the hard and challenging parts by rushing.

P.S. If you want to play unrushed on a345 bosses, feel free to whisper *wojihm... i got some chars at some of those bosses

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:28 pm 

Even if not directly rushed, I too wonder how easy it is without self-made parties with BO and Oak Sage given from off in the corner. I have characters that are now over leveled for the act end bosses who really can't take on some of them alone. I guess I just blow chunks.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:03 am 
Game Server Host

I usualy try to keep any good team together if possible. me and utter usualy keep our builds at the same place so we always have a party (when he was on anyway) the greater number of people on Sc make it harder to keep working teams together since if one of 2 of the team are on while another game is going, they will just go on ahead. It seems backwards but less people on hc usualy = more teamwork. Thats kinda why I like it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:24 pm 

Pappy, godliest? Haha, that made my day! Seems like everyone left HC then Kev?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:18 pm 
Game Server Host

yeh it died on its feet :(.

Hows things with you dude? Long time no speak :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:02 pm 

Off topic, but what the hell.
I'm great, went to Greece for a vacation and a tan :D. And now I started a new job this week. Manager on a rental car firm.

As for games I got the Battlefield-bug again... :) BFBC2 is a bit buggy, but damn I find it fun. Started playing a bit with my old clan again (+10 nerd points, hehe).

How about you?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:08 pm 

i has bfbc2

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:15 pm 
Game Server Host

The usual stuff with the summer being here, too much work coming in and not enough hours in the day. I been playing the gaybox abit (assasins creed 2 and red dead redemption ATM). Also got the modding bug and started making a "mod for myself". Got a long weekend booked to Amsterdam at the end of September, so I been working like a dog and trying to save up as much cash as I can for that :mrgreen:

I been looking for a new game recently to have some fun with. I'll maybe check BFBC2 out. You play on the PC yeh?

Edit: just realised the irony of talking about Amsterdam and using a "mrgreen" LOL.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:15 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siUCxltY5P8 Bayonettas till the kingdom come.Well, trying to get last achivement (non stop climax) this summer.
Quote:
(assasins creed 2 and red dead redemption ATM)
Ubitrash game is shit but RDR is godly, IMO ofc.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:02 am 

Yea I play on the pc. .pv.utter in game Zikur.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:31 pm 

Easy !!!! Youve got to be kidding me right? This is still a very hard mod by all means. As for someone soloing the entire game I truly doubt it. I have played with most of the people out there and know for a fact that it cant be done solo. I like Pappy and know him very well but he cant solo everything and as far as i know he has never even been in LOS.
As for the most likely player to be able to solo the game I would say it would have to be Bob and he to the best of my knowledge cant solo the game either.
As for making the game harder I truly hope they do not as I believe its difficulty level is just right the way it is, matter of fact it may actually in my opinion be a bit too difficult. My reason for saying that is: If there happens to be a party going at any given time then yes the bosses are a challenge but can be beat, however if there is no other party out there playing and you are forced to play solo due to the lack of players then some bosses cant be beaten. At least in my opinion.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:02 am 
Game Server Host

It was alot harder back in the day and alot more fun. This is the only season I've actully stopped playing mid way through, I usualy play from the very start to the very end of a ladder.

I still say 4-5 diff builds could solo it, to at least hell baal's minions.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:57 am 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
I still say 4-5 diff builds could solo it, to at least hell baal's minions.

Probably true.
However, there are only 4-5 people who are able or willing to *actually* use those builds to solo through the game. Which means that the difficulty level isn't *as* skewed as is often reported on these forums. HU remains a challenging experience for the wide majority of HU players.

Even Normal difficulty, which is quite easy if you know what you are doing and take the time to prepare can present quite a challenge to the vast number of players out there.

That is a very important thing to keep in mind.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:01 pm 
Game Server Host

It's only as hard is you make it yourself really. If you set the char is as mainly defensive and focus more on reducing incoming damage then it's very soloable. You can sacrafice 90% survivability for 20% faster kill speed (like many many do), but saying it's hard because you have completely disregarded defense isn't very accurate.

I could use infinity on my fire sorcs merc and kill a little faster, but I prefer to use medusa's, and "ice" ghost glaive to slow stuff to a crawl. Using the defensive setup I leveled her solo with no lifebuffs in ancients way, the citadel and the vaults all the way from 90 to 99 without her getting bitch slapped. Her merc has never died doing those runs due to the awesome defensive capabilitys (all that slow >>> extra strong chargers with might and amp). Playstyle plays a major part in difficulty.

You only need to look at our naked experiment for proof of that. Focus on the defensive side first and make sure you are taking very little damage, then worry about damage. Taking 1 extra cast to kill a mob while being able to take/avoid 4-5 times the hits is the way forward.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:07 pm 

Going solo through normal areas shouldn't really be challenging for any well thought out character, it is usually the bosses that introduce problems. While going defensive can be effective there, it can also introduce problems for players who have difficulty with potion management and attack timing.

Which leads back to the statement that the reality is most players find this mod rather challenging.

A organized and well thought out party certainly can overcome the challenges without a problem. Did you notice the words "organized" and "well thought out" in that last sentence? That's where the problem comes in for most people in this realm.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:52 pm 
Game Server Host

The word "Organised" is the word that stands out the most. It's easy to have a well thought out plan but it can totally backfire the second the "tank" gets roflstomped due to the oak getting busted and the druid not realising for 30 seconds while he is running around panicking and yelling for potions (why didn't you pick up any of the 200 juvs that dropped on the way to the boss and store them in the cube?). Good times :D

Sometimes you find a random group that just work well together though. You don't even need to plan what you are gonna do and everyone plays the roll perfectly. That makes all the other stuff worthwhile. It only gets bad when someone who is playing an important role (tank/curse support/oak support) starts to panic because they have to micro manage a few things at once.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:52 pm 

LEEEEEEROY!!!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:28 pm 

to many people play cookie cutter builds and for good reason the only physical immun really is sszak spider while undead physical immuns can be easily broken with sanc aura.

elemental spell casters need to be more useful

maybe if sanc aura from items was removed the cookie cutter builds would die out. and all classes would be helpful.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:46 pm 
Game Server Host

@Jozep
Thanks for the props but I would say I am just an average player. I know the game well enough to know when one of my builds won't work requiring a different approach. almost always requiring some kind of assistance in the form of a curse etc...

@Ziggy
Darkness can be pi/ss and pose some real problems as well

@purerage-dod
defense huh? I should look into this. :D

Offline Profile