Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 am

Post subject: Gambling Elite base item chance?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:37 pm 

I am gambling with a lvl 99 character (slappy), but rarely, if ever, get an elite base item. Is this by design?

For reference, I have spent 15m+ on Gothic Plates to try to get Griswold's Armour and I have seen 2 Lacquered bases from gambling.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Gambling Elite base item chance?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:37 pm 

Traditionally, gambling Elites in HU isn't allowed since Uniques and Sets for those items were very strong (game-breaking strong for most of the level 95s).

The current odds are roughly 5% chance per character level higher than the item level that an item is upgraded to Exceptional. For example, chararacters above level 60 are nearly guaranteed to gamble an Exceptional Cap (WarHat, level 40) rather than the Basic or Elite versions. The formula's reliance on the difference between character level and item level is hardcoded and makes subtle changes hard (it boils down to "Do always want Basics, Exceptionals, or Elites?"). The odds could be changed across difficulties though, if the community feels like changing tradition.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Gambling Elite base item chance?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:58 pm 

I understand that and agree to the theory of this.

I object for this patch on the basis that most items are uniform in terms of power level such that there doesn't seem to be any one over powered item at elite level.

On a personal note, it does feel good to gambling something really nice, a reward for time spent.

Offline Profile