Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 am

Post subject: HU 1.6
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:11 am 

Anyone know where I can find the files for the latest version of 1.6?

My friends and I are having alot of problems getting 1.7 to run smoothely... lots of problems with crashes and failure to load.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: HU 1.6
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:55 am 

Ensley provided a complete filetree download for v1.6c (I'm pretty sure that was the last version of v1.6). Since that filetree includes D2SE, you would be able to install v1.7 in its own folder beside the v1.6 folder (both within the Mods folder), which could be handy if you wanted to give it that or another version a try later.

It's hard to tell what troubles you were having with v1.7 that wouldn't also occur for v1.6, but general installation tips are:
  1. Don't copy the Diablo2 install folder inside of the ProgramFiles or Users folders for Windows operating systems more modern than WinXP (e.g. Win 8 restricts the permissions of programs in those folders, and D2 is too old to know how to handle that).
  2. Make sure the shortcuts you use to run the game are configured to run in compatibility mode for WinXP, and to run as Administrator.
  3. If you're trying to install HU (requires D2:LoD v1.10f) but you've installed D2:Lod v1.14 (via Blizzard's online store), then it's currently not possible to downgrade v1.14 to v1.10f. Your best solution to this is Ensley's filetree download.
  4. If you're trying to install HU but you've installed D2:LoD v1.11 to v1.13, then you're best off just installing D2SE as well, since that is compatible with those D2:LoD versions, and will adjust them to run as D2:LoD v1.10f so that HU can run.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: HU 1.6
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:38 am 

If I understand correctly, that link is for the Single Player-balanced version of 1.6.

Is there a download link to the Multiplayer-balanced version of 1.6 somewhere?

Offline Profile