Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:59 am

Post subject: Why was every qol change reverted?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:44 pm 

-aoe sorc armor
-aoe enchant
-infinite arrows
-always eth bows
-every buff duration
-jewels every gamble

I can sort of understand enchant, you don't want it to be prebuffed. So duration was nerfed. But no aoe means it's tedious. I have brought this up before,

Sorc armor simple makes no sense to me, now I just don't cast it in people.

No infinite arrows is literally just tedious. Carrying extra arrows in a cube is boring.

Not always eth bows is also tedious because there is no eth vs non eth on them. You always want an eth bow.

Every buff duration is again just tedious. People will keep them up, why bother adding tedium to the game?

Jewels every gamble being taken away is just annoying if you're gambling jewels.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Why was every qol change reverted?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:56 pm 

I agree with the enchant feature. Not having it be a party cast is just downright painful. It's not that bad when dealing with a small party, a few miss clicks here or there. However in a large group with mercs or if someone has lets say a golem-mancer for example, trying to cast it on that AI is tiresome.

Honestly the armor thing to me isn't that big of a deal. I just don't cast it on people. Chanting 15 times to get the 4 players and 2 mercs that are up + casting my self armors ES / TS I just run out of mana and give up.

Barbs had BO/shout/BC built into one cast so it isn't as if the creator was trying to lengthen the buffing process on all characters. IDK just my thoughts on that.

On a side note. Thank you Brevan and and everyone that helped to make 1.7. I may not like this patch as much as the previous patches, nor agree with some of the changes but I appreciate the effort you put into it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:25 pm 

Well bo was made like that to remove states, not for quality of life. I think given this patch, how everything has turned from entertainment to tedium, if he could of he would of made it three seperate casts.

I like some of the changes, but I cannot understand why everything has to be so tedious.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:41 pm 

Most of the QoL changes you mentioned were implemented prior to 1.3. Since Brevan created this patch from 1.3, the changes were not actually reverted, they were just not re-implemented. They can be easily added in the next patch.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:24 am 

I think you mean after, otherwise contextually that makes no sense.

It also makes no sense to have mega and ultra pots which don't stack. Can't make them stack? No big deal, remove megas, you get them at the same time anyways now. There was at least a tier step earlier.

Offline Profile