Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:07 pm

Post subject: Does the assassin weapon block work ?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:22 am 

That's from old thread from Pure Rage:

Dual Claw: Faster block rate works. Improved chance and dex don't.

So is this fixed now ? Also do the soft points in fade still grant me +1 physical resist ?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Does the assassin weapon block work ?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:46 pm 

The Assassin's ClawBlock skill is unique since it doesn't follow the blocking rules of shields (Dex, +%Block, and CharLevel don't matter - this is usually considered a significant buff to Assassins). It was nice of Blizzard to program WeaponBlock to consider FasterBlockRate. It's possible to edit the files so that WeaponBlock did take a look at a player's accrued +%Block mods and somehow factor them into the skill.

In HUv1.7, it's very hard to raise WeaponBlock's % much higher than 55%, making it very similar in effect to ShieldBlock, Dodge/Avoid, Resistances, etc.

I'm not sure if it's still widely known, but WeaponBlock used to be considered pretty overpowered, since it's one of the few effects capable of evading just about everything melee, missile, or spell. I'd expect 50%WeaponBlock to be plenty. Fun fact - Legion can't be hit by anything because he has Dodge and Avoid at 100% (DaybreakSoul GC's aura sets his Dodge and Avoid to 0%).

In HUv1.7, most skill effects are based on soft levels, while synergy effects are based on hard levels. With this in mind, Fade's %ResAll and %PhysRes gain +1/2Lvls, while the PoisLengthReduction and CurseDurationReduction are +1/Lvl

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:16 pm 

Well I'm still playing 1.6 so is it the same for 1.6 ? Do I have to max fade to get max damage resist ?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:26 pm 

86 2 frame, 600 1 frame.

I think in 1.6 it was hard to get any fbr which a lot of the time made it akin to dodge lock.

I recall a fire ma sin complaining about how it would interrupt the flow of attacks frequently.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:18 pm 

Weapon Block wasn't even the only problem MA wasn't that "good" despite people always saying it was the most overpowered skill in the game. I'd whole-heartedly disagree and say that Holy Shield probably outclasses everything else in the entire game, but that's a topic for another day.

I wanted to make MA happen multiple times and there were multiple reasons it just never really happened that well, we could go on about it and repeat what Riem used to say over and over again, yet nobody listened.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:30 pm 

Tbh the biggest problem was how wonky it functions. Against something not attacking it's simple to get meteor charges, drop meteor. But when wb is in the equation it's just awful.

Imo the skills shouldn't even use their charge shstem, it's a waste of time. Meteor should just drop meteors or even better patches.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:22 am 

The thing that makes folks consider weapon block above others is the fact that it affects the chance of blocking spells. With 2frame blockrates this could make a sin a better thank than a full vita barb with all the fixins. (It had less to do with raw damage output). This was seen as too much considering the other tools the class has.

This was changed most in the 1.5something, which 1.6 is heavily based upon.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:32 am 

That's clearly retarded logic. Barring healer holy bolt, which is a retarded mechanic to begin with, barbs are far superior to tanking. Juvs have more value, the 1.6 % pots have more value, and they swing multitudes faster and harder.

Dclaw gets rupted by block, ma sins have no leech to begin with. Ma sin boss killing is done via meteor which is just signficantly weaker than sorc meteor /and/ it has the wonkiest mechanic to apply /and/ they're melee.

If fire mastery is in the game, inferno trap is always a better choice.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:25 am 

Those that built a good tanksin would wholeheartedly disagree that it is retarded logic. Being able to walk away for coffee, and a walk around the park at end game content is was a little silly.

Offline Profile