Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 am

Post subject: hell unleashed and arimyth feedback
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:13 am 

so after playing the test version since september and realm version since reset i have some views to share. just know that i have a flame proof suit so if you get all defensive and angry you wont get the satisfaction of a response. well actually you wont get a response at all since another community just updated to 1.7. this is mostly a few parting words.

im enjoying the patch a lot, challenging but not stupid 1 shot mechanics other "challenging" mods use. love the new areas and bosses and the fact that there is a fair amount of optional stuff to do but not so much that the main story is just fodder for leveling and reaching optional stuff.

1. :mrgreen:
rare items are actually good and worth identifying. unique items being unique in design instead of just name color is great and one of the things i look for in a mod. runewords seem to be an in between of rare and unique but are outdone by both fairly easily. i dont really have any drive to make runewords as the loss of sockets and customisation of the item makes them a bit too bland for my tastes. the last point could be solved by allowing white items to be infused with the stats of 2 or 3 gems or runes with the cube. i hate losing so much of the larger inventory to charm space but having charms in game is a good thing at the same time. i read a suggestion about capping the number of charms and if that would be possible in some way that would be amazing. please add stats for summon damage def hp and pdr/mdr to make gearing a summoner more interesting. add more truly unique items but please not useless uniques that plague almost every mod i have played.

2. ;)
act bosses could use another 30% to 40% hp and occassionally spawn the act specific mobs such as marilyths from diablo or wyrms from duriel. speaking of duriel, he could really use an unblockable skill or spell that is not a counter attack as block and def make him a joke. i had to try quite hard to think of negatives in the actual game but now for the real negatives.

3. :o
the community is complete ass. almost every thread i read has an argument in it, not debates but vitriolic hatred towards people. if its not an argument then it is name calling and shit posting. to be fair there are a fair few people who dont participate but the ones who do are projecting a very shitty attitude that puts a lot of people off joining the community and realm. if you dont deal with a cancer, it spreads and kills the host. that is exactly what has happened here. i read about the mod on another mod forum and the general feeling was the same and everyone there who does play sticks to tcp/ip or another unofficial realm with a friendlier player base. the anger towards the people who do the work is frankly disgusting and i still cant believe these people can behave the way they do. every other mod i have ever played had a community that was supportive and thankfull for continued support of the mod through updates and adjustments even if they didnt like some of the changes because they understand that without development the game becomes stale. not only that but the developer gets shit on by people because the complainer cant exercise common sense or do some reading. its a total joke. i keep myself to myself and play in private games on the realm for this reason. i have talked to a few people in game who were really nice and friendly but the image being projected to people browsing the forum and looking to join the community is to play tcp/ip sp or on another realm. the community is the worst part of this mod. i didnt think it would be as bad as people made out but reading back through the boards makes me want to pull my eyes out.

jerrys final thought. :evil:
so there it is. some will agree and some wont but i will continue not givin a fuck that not everyone agrees with me. maybe if there was less hatred here people wouldnt be pointing new players to other realms or tcp/ip only. i really hope development continues but i cant see it lasting much longer when the developers are treated like shit.
i wasnt going to say anything but i feel like you are oblivious to the problem so maybe you can do something about it, but i think it is too far gone when unofficial communitys have 2 or 3 times more players than the official one because they dont let problem people shit up the place. :roll:

there are some genuine nice helpful people still around and if you are reading this, it was nice chatting with you guys. you seem to be a dying breed here though.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: hell unleashed and arimyth feedback
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:06 am 

Thanks for the feedback, it looks pretty fair and useful to me.

Items
I'd agree that runewords can be less powerful than other options once those options are fully customized. They used to be less powerful to reflect how common runes are in v1.7, but I later re-adjusted for the fact that there were no customization options since sockets were filled. I'll make a note to consider further adjustment in v1.9, such as further white-item customization via Cube (+Skills from upgrading Superior Exceptionals to Elites and the DaybreakSoul recipes are a step in this direction, so I'm sure there's a good way to make it work).

Summons already gain damage from +%SpellDmg effects (their skill descriptions change if that change made sense (e.g. not SkellyMages)), but +HP, +%HP, etc are usually possible (Assassin shadows seem to be an exception... to everything). I'll make a note for v1.9.

ActBosses
While developing v1.7, we were aware that the community was relatively low in number, so we felt it best to error on the side of things being easier and soloable, especially in A1 and A2 since character builds might not really be ready to solo a boss at that stage. The intention was to make v1.9 more challenging and to fix the bugs that will always be found with any release regardless of Testing. Some of PureRage's newly introduced bosses have effects similar to your Spawns suggestion - Legion, Soulmancer, and SorrowLord have spawns with different effects; I'm sure v1.9 can continue in this direction.

Community
Yeah, that sounds fair. There's always some folks unhappy with changes and willing to share that since they're not playing as often as currently-content folks. Often they're great Testers, since they quickly mention any possible issues found (it's genuinely a shame some folks weren't available to try the test version last fall). PureRage and I were hoping that if HU swings between versions (v1.8 following v1.6, v1.9 following v1.7; where the two strains promote different challenge levels, etc) that it would be a decent solution. We'll see how things go beyond Week One (usually take a month to simmer).

Since your community is just starting v1.7, if you don't already have developers making changes, then I could share some changes I made for RakeHell (e.g. bosses have +33%HP, some Debuff skills balanced around 3-5 players rather than 1-3, etc). I'd probably need a week to include some simple bug fixes (e.g. DeathSet's +Dmg/Lvl) and prepare packages.

One of the goals of v1.7 was to provide an easily updated base mod (there are even item Properties available that were never used (or tested!), like %PiercePhysRes). I hope your community takes it in interesting directions, and if you do then consider sharing it with us as HUv1.9 in the future.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: hell unleashed and arimyth feedback
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:41 pm 

HU_Nox wrote:
jerrys final thought. :evil:
so there it is. some will agree and some wont but i will continue not givin a fuck that not everyone agrees with me. maybe if there was less hatred here people wouldnt be pointing new players to other realms or tcp/ip only. i really hope development continues but i cant see it lasting much longer when the developers are treated like shit.
i wasnt going to say anything but i feel like you are oblivious to the problem so maybe you can do something about it, but i think it is too far gone when unofficial communitys have 2 or 3 times more players than the official one because they dont let problem people shit up the place. :roll:

there are some genuine nice helpful people still around and if you are reading this, it was nice chatting with you guys. you seem to be a dying breed here though.

It always gets a bit more heated around patch time. We speak our minds pretty openly, and sometimes with too much flare. Most of us have strong opinions about a good number of builds that we have played and either did/didn't like xyz changes etc. Some of the arguments have been had before. (these tend to be more heated that others).That said we can generally make it through the flak, and get the point of the conversation regardless.

(And to note...this has actually been pretty quiet comparatively to a lot of past patches)

edit: I would also hesitate to judge everyone by a few forum posts.

Offline Profile