Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:31 pm

Post subject: Druids and mana
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:24 pm 

First and foremost oak. They were immune and untargetable in the past. Which meant bosses couldn't glitch on them and mobs wouldn't kill them. Now they die, even maxed, to trash absurdly quickly. They also keep bosses literally in place permanently. Why this is a bad change should be obvious. Certain trash mobs just obliterate them, and bosses can be cheesed with them.

Hurricane and by extension armagheddon are garbage. Their lack of synergies and low damage are awful changes that turn them into being a relatively primary source of damage to barely worth casting.

Tornados random synergies are questionable. Fissure made leveling once you got the skill ezpz, but it offers nothing of value to the build. Damage scales poorly and it offers no alternative to the physical damage from nado. In the past you had hurricane doing solid tick damage and the ability to channel the ice stream, now high physical resist mobs you do nothing.

And again, like every class, mana is an issue. It doesn't get better, it gets worse, because the mana cost increases at a rate your mana cannot handle and mana per kill is hard to come by. Not that mana per kill helps much on boss fights anyways.

To brevan, I seriously think you need to take a look at mana costs. Every caster with a spammable spell can burn through an entire belt in a single champ mob. You've said it multiple times that it is scaled to hurt early and get better late, but it doesn't get better late. You've made off comment mentions of meditation, but a. I don't think it will help. B. Even if it did, you shouldn't have to run meditation to make classes viable. No one wants to play a build running med, at least amp necros had options, med has nothing.

I legitimately cannot fathom how you can still defend these absurd mana costs, and that is what is most frustrating about them. You just parrot your design document and early vs late bame argument over and over, or criticize how people are playing, and it isn't constructive. I haven't heard one person in game praise this new absurd mana cost. I have had friends already quit this version of the mod, others thinking about it, because drinking an entire belt of mana in a few pack of mobs isn't fun.

And personally I want to think the reason for it was to limit dps through mana, but this doesn't work, because you can drink mana pots for important fights. And you do drink them like a fucking mana alcoholic. All it does is force people back to town more frequently(how is this a fun mechanic?), filling their inventory or cube with mana(again, shift clicking pots is the opposite of fun), or just ignore builds that focus on spammable skills all together.

What you've effectively done is destroyed builds like charged bolt, fireball, etc. And you know what, mistakes are bound to happen, but refusing to acknowledge the problem is what I personally dislike about the whole situation.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Druids and mana
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:02 am 

Cane and geddon are my main sources of damage. My SP druid can solo through NM *shrugs*

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Druids and mana
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:12 am 

That's a pretty cool trick considering slvl 20 hits for ~350 on hurricane, 450 on arma, and my 1.2k nados struggle to kill normal a3 champs.

Offline Profile