Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:51 am

Post subject: Sorcs are all fucked up
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:56 pm 

Any spammable spell, that is fireball, ice bolt, glacial spike, charged bolt, etc, is mana fucked. Not sure what you were expecting when you gave said spells 50+ mana costs and sorcs can very easily cast 3x a second. Virtually every spec built around spammy spells has no mana base to function. So anyone looking to play sorc, play a spec that has an icd, like orb or blizzard or meteor.

If we remove the fact that double elemental specs will be inadequate, firewalls build makes no sense. Firewall is a boss killer, tk is a boss killer. If you wanted dual element specs, at least appropriate the skills so that you have a chance to clear trash on opposite elements.

Es is all sorts of fucked up for two reasons. First is clearly mana is a huge issue. Even at 26% and a virtually full energy build I can't maintain a pool for any amount of time casting a spammy spell. The second, and even more egregious fuckup in design is the useless synergies. You want a solid % for an es build, throwing points into entirely useless armors is a slap in the face.

Buffs. Holy fuck don't get me started on buffs. Big fuck you for designing buffs to have a 60s duration. Do you realize how many fucking buffs I have? Just on myself, 3 armors, es, thunderstorm. Five casts every minute. But wait, theres more. Enchant and armor on every party member and merc, every minute. What the fuck brevan. Why? This isn't fun. I wouldn't even care if it was aoe but its not. And you know what you shit on? Not the chant bots who are going to have a respectable timer on it, the fucking 1 point wonders who want to give a little boost to their party. And I can only assume duration was shit on to hurt alt enchanters, but all you've done is make me not want to even point it so I don't have to cast it.

Orb icd is fucking long as shit, not sure why. Wouldn't complain if I could cast icebolt in between but I Literally burn my entire pool of mana on a full energy build in the downtime. Good design.

Lastly, I can definitely see abuse of amethyst in shields leading to absurdly fast blizzard casts. This translates into a lot of skills, but blizzard imo is the most abusable.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Sorcs are all fucked up
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:06 pm 

Looks like somebody agrees with me. I don't feel alone anymore. Also, mana is an issue for literally everything that uses mana now, not gonna lie I'm not enjoying Not Enough Mana Simulator 1.7 so far. I tried starting a trapsin after my first character was a sorc. Same "not enough mana" spam, go to town, fill inventory with mana potions, go out, spam potions, run out of potions, become one with potions, have sex with potions, return to base, buy potions.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:19 pm 

I mean I've been harping the same rhetoric the whole time since before it changed to 1.7. Granted not during testing, but I doubt it would of mattered.

Brevan appeared to try to balance the game around mana cost, which is absolutely the most flawed approach he could of taken. Because mana isn't a resource in diablo, it never was. In PoE it's a resource because mana pots are limited to recharging, you can just fill up on mana pots and that skill balanced around your mana being limited is OP as fuck for short bursts.

No one wants to walk around with an inventory full of pots.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:32 pm 

-%CastDelay is capped at 33%, it's still pretty noticeable, but as you pointed out it's hard to get too unbalanced due to insufficient mana.

Would you guys like to play together with me? I wouldn't mind restarting as a Chantress (buffs and EShield reliant) or IBlast+Inferno+CBolt builds (No cast delays). I also wouldn't mind playing as a Meditation Paladin build if you'd prefer to play as Sorcs or Elementalists. As a two or three person party we should do pretty well I think.

My connection and computer kinda suck, so I'd prefer SoftCore characters.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:39 pm 

I compell you to play a cbolt sorc to level 30. Shop a 1/3 staff and put all your points into cbolt, then tell me it's even moderately fun to play.

Yeah you do decent damage, but since it's literally all similar dps across the board, it won't matter. Except you'll be able to cast 3 times before ooming. This is magnified with higher fcr. I can go through an entire mana pot belt in 30s casting icebolt.

I was going to make a fireball sorc, but similar problems ensued so I'm sticking with orb. At the very least I don't oom casting orb.

Offline Profile