Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:14 pm

Post subject: What should i download?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:50 pm 

Hi guys new here someone directed me to the site i played diablo for many years just gettin sick of hardcore looking for a new adventure im told i need d2se where do i get this and where to i get hell unleashed im kinda noob at this and wanna make sure i set it up alright i also dont want to interfer with my cirrent lod installled on my computer thanks and looking forward to being a member of the community

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: What should i download?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:58 pm 
Game Server Host

Hi. You can get a full D2SE filetree that runs independant from your own D2 here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14003

That comes preloaded with v1.6c. If you are looking for v1.7, simply follow the instructions in this thread afterwards: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16608

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:05 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
Hi. You can get a full D2SE filetree that runs independant from your own D2 here: http://forum.arimyth.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14003

That comes preloaded with v1.6c. If you are looking for v1.7, simply follow the instructions in this thread afterwards: http://forum.arimyth.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16608

I dont know what versions what is one better then the other whats the most current?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:08 pm 

Galiant wrote:
PureRage-DoD wrote:
Hi. You can get a full D2SE filetree that runs independant from your own D2 here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14003

That comes preloaded with v1.6c. If you are looking for v1.7, simply follow the instructions in this thread afterwards: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16608

I dont know what versions what is one better then the other whats the most current?

1.6 is currently what is being played on the realm. There will be a ladder reset within 1 month for 1.7.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:32 pm 

slappyNuts wrote:
Galiant wrote:
PureRage-DoD wrote:
Hi. You can get a full D2SE filetree that runs independant from your own D2 here: http://forum.arimyth.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14003

That comes preloaded with v1.6c. If you are looking for v1.7, simply follow the instructions in this thread afterwards: http://forum.arimyth.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16608

1.6 is currently what is being played on the realm. There will be a ladder reset within 1 month for 1.7.

Sooooo if 1.6 is current i shouldnt get 1.7 till its current on the realm cause of i get 1.7 now i cant play on the realm?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:28 pm 

I'd say get 1.7 and play around on solo, get use to Hell Unleashed. Server reset should come any day. :-)

The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the souls tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore the soul deceive, despise and murder men.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:08 pm 

Galiant wrote:
Sooooo if 1.6 is current i shouldnt get 1.7 till its current on the realm cause of i get 1.7 now i cant play on the realm?

It's up to you. If you don't mind playing 1.6 for a bit on realm and having your account wiped for reset, just hop on realm. If you would rather figure out 1.7 so you have a head-start on ladder reset, install 1.7.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:20 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:

so what im reading on the link you posted is that its single player other then private servers? where can i find these private servers im kinda confused ive only ever land played and bnet on diablo xD

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:17 pm 
Game Server Host

1.7 Is currently single player only until the realm resets in a week or so. If you are using D2SE, once you start the mod (any version), just click the battle.net button and it will take you to the HU realm. In order to play on the realm at the min you need to run v1.6c, but you can have v1.7 installed allong ide 1.6 and select the version from the D2SE user interface.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:28 pm 

Well i got it installed and tryed following all the info but i cant get onto the bnet thingy for i click it and nothing happens from d2se if i click go right to bnet thing the screen opens and its just black this is so confusing why dont they just have a single download with everything already in it :/

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:47 pm 

I haven't tried D2SE's "Straight to BNet feature" but it sounds like you should keep things simple for now, at least until you know you've got the mod up and running. Try just making a single player character.

Once you know you can make characters, then we know you've had the mod correctly installed all this time. Go back to the main menu, and under the Battle.Net button, select the "Arimyth Network" gateway (rather than USWest or USEast - these are Blizzard's servers)

If you don't see Arimyth Network, then in the HU package you downloaded (I'm guessing v1.6c?), there should be a file "hu.reg". Double click it and accept that it will write information to your registry. Reopen D2 and let us know if you can see Arimyth Network in your Gateway list.

If this doesn't help, then we might need more details about what you're doing.
  • What version (HUv1.6c or v1.7)?
  • D2SE expects mod files to be within ".../DiabloII/MODS/<mod folder>/", are yours there?
  • Are you installing into C:/ProgramFiles/? This can cause Administrator-privilege issues for Windows.
  • From D2SE's menu, are you selecting (or double-clicking) HU's picture in the left half, and then pressing "start plugin" button at top right? (The "Start D2" button ignores the MODS folder, I think)

Free free to add extra install details, we can skip them if they're irrelevant

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:11 am 

In a few days the servers will be reset and all characters deleted. The current version on the server is 1.6c but there probably won't be many people playing since all progress will be gone soon. The newest patch 1.7 is very different from 1.6c, skills, items and crafting will take some time to get used to.
I recommend you to install the newest version 1.7. You have to wait a few days before you can play online.
Install 1.7 solo version for now.
Wait until there is the reset announcement in this forum and install the multiplayer version.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:07 pm 

Minu566 wrote:
Install 1.7 solo version for now. Wait until there is the reset announcement in this forum and install the multiplayer version.
There is no reason to install Multiplayer to play on the server if you already have Solo installed, you will experience no differences. When you play with other players (realm, TCP/IP), everyone uses the files of the Host computer/server. The realm Hosts will be using Multiplayer, so you if you think you'll be playing a lot of Solo offline, then install Solo. If you prefer TCP/IP for multiplayer, then you should install that from the start and host the TCP/IP games.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:50 pm 

Brevan when the servers update can you make a post saying so? A few friends and I are going to give 1.7 a run, but I grow tired glancing at the forum and looking for answers.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:42 pm 

If no one else posts a message, then sure I'll post something.

Last I heard, folks are still looking into getting a couple new Hosts set up, but that process doesn't involve me so I don't know the progress details until their shared.

I think I'd recommend later HU versions being made public around the end of January (maybe Spring Break (for either College or HighSchool students)) in the future. Although it's neat that v1.7 was available at the start of '17 and v1.8 would be available in '18, it's not very practical to find the time for everyone to organize last-minute details while on their holidays.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:43 pm 

Angel wrote:
Brevan when the servers update can you make a post saying so? A few friends and I are going to give 1.7 a run, but I grow tired glancing at the forum and looking for answers.

I feel you.
I also was checking the forums ~4 times yesterday.
It would be great to get a few days warning before the reset.

Offline Profile