Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:39 am

Post subject: Re: HUv1.7b Download
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:27 pm 

okay I downloaded both single player ones, regular resolution and high resolution. extracted them into a HUv7.1b folder in my D2SE. the game starts and I can make a character but when I try to start a game during the loading screen where it shows a door opening I get
'UNHANDLED EXCEPTOIN: BREAKPOINT (80000003) and another that says (c0000005)
then the game crashes.

I had a previous version working for a while until I got cain. then every time I clicked on him it would crash, then it started randomly crashing.

all my other mods work just fine through D2SE
I am running on windows 10 unfortunately. with a 64 bit system.

I read in a post here about core files and all. I am assuming the core files are included in the download links on this thread? I know the other versions there were two links for d2se. I can not run this mod outside of d2se either because I do not have a diablo 2 cd that will work with v1.10

I am running as administrator and have tried both windows XP service pack 2 and 3.

as for people running into privilege errors try turning off your data execute prevention, right click my computer, properties, advanced, click settings under performance, click data execution prevention. then browse and add d2se or diablo 2, or if they are there already remove them. windows blocks some unknown programs from running as a safety measure. I had to add The Hell mod ion this list to get it to work.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:57 pm 

HUv1.7b now includes the core files in every package, so you already have them.

Unfortunately I've never encountered the 80000003 error and the c0000005 error is so general that it doesn't help (My usual solution to c0000005 is to reboot the machine, it seems to work every time). An online search for 80000003 implies that it is related to graphics. Maybe double check that you've configured Glide or maybe try DirectDraw (assuming your video card supports this, use the VidTest program to check)

The install should be as simple as the first step mentioned in the original post, since you've already got D2SE up and running with other mods.
Assuming you've got D2 installed to C:\D2\
  1. Make a new folder in the mods folder, e.g. C:\D2\MODS\HUv1.7\
  2. Copy the package to that folder and extract it. You should end up with about 30 files and the Webpages folder. e.g.
    C:\D2\MODS\HUv1.7\Webpages\HOME.htm
    C:\D2\MODS\HUv1.7\patch_d2.mpq
  3. Start D2SE, select the mod from the list on the left. You might need to configure the video settings in the top right (Glide (this also has settings), DirectDraw, etc). When you're ready to start the game double-click the game banner on the left.
  4. Some things to confirm that you're playing Huv1.7b (let me know which fails):
    1. Check that bows are sold at Akara and require 10Str and 30Dex.
    2. Check that your new character starts with 10k gold, 30Stats, 1SkillPoint.
    3. Check that a level 1 Necro can place a point into RaiseSkeletonMage.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:48 pm 

alright that worked like magic. I was having problems with an older version and tried ddraw and it didn't work. I didn't think to try it on this version. and yes it is the correct version. now for step two. I quit my job and get a divorce and only play Diablo. thanks

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:05 pm 

Excellent.

Keep in mind that HUv1.7 was intended to bring back some of the Challenge that HU is known for, but there are plenty of players who didn't appreciate how that was implemented in HUv1.7. If you're in the groups that would enjoy monsters with less life or spells costing less mana, then go ahead and cube up some of the charms available in the Solo version and described in the opening post. If you're not enjoying the play style of the build you started towards, then feel free to make a Respec potion and try something else.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:07 pm 

yea it all is working fine. I think I am running into the invisible missile issue when I get to the boss in the den of evil. it just randomly takes health. I am going to do a fresh install of diablo 2 and d2se and add the mod to that and see if it fixes. I love the challenge though. reminds me of netherworld rises. the necro summons are super weak though. pretty much no HP. :) awesome mod though.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:47 pm 

Corpsefire's invisible missile is a thing I couldn't find the solution to (the files do not show that missile, but I've only checked 2-3 times so maybe I keep missing it). I think he's the only case of it, and if you go into melee range he'll attack rather than lob his fireballs+invisi-oddity.

KingLeoric's aura (looks like Sanctuary, Seraphim also use it) removes HP from you, but that's not an invisible missile even though it might seem like it is.

If the necro summons you meant are Skeleton Mages, then their theme is to be glass cannons, so high damage and low durability. Same with Golems and SpiritBlade (although each is immune to their element). Skeletons and SkeletonKnight are the flip side, but you can always use an AI curse like Confuse, Attract, or DimVision to deal with trash. In short: experiment. There are several solutions to any problem but it's up to you to find one of them, or read about the solutions found by others.

Here's a thread discussing Summons:
http://forum.arimyth.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16788

Offline Profile