Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:33 pm

Post subject: Streaming-Just a thought for growth...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:34 pm 

I have told a few people and figured it would be a good idea to tell the rest. If you want to community to grow you should consider streaming Hell Unleashed. Even if you don't talk or have a camera it will still bring people to the server. I watched a Resurgence streamer bring 15+ people to the server over a few week time period. All he did was BS with a stream after the ladder reset while playing. All you would need are some commands linking the forums and information websites to the viewers.

Do we have anyone who streams or is capable of streaming?

P.S.
Hi everyone!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Streaming-Just a thought for growth...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:52 am 

A friend of mine will stream it soon. There are several other players who may stream as well.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:59 pm 

Vibe is going to be streaming HU quite often very soon, perhaps starting tonight. My friend and I are going to pay him for it, quite a hefty sum, as further motivation. A couple people have donated so it's a little less painful. I'll be creating chat commands so people can find this site and the downloads. Hopefully this will lead to 1.7 starting with a lot of new players rather than just the same 10 hardcore guys who give up after 1-2 months.

If anyone else wants to contribute to having a big streamer publicize our game, you can either donate to us or directly to him on twitch.tv/vibelol. Just make sure if you donate to him that you leave a note about HU. Even just $2 at a time helps.

HU has been and always will be free, but high quality publicity is not free, so let's make HU great again. :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:48 pm 

Better pay https://www.twitch.tv/ryuquezacotl he is the biggest D2 streamer.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:07 pm 

Yeah he is a big streamer but I don't know him personally like I know Vibe so he might want a ton of money as opposed to just a few hundred dollars. If you can convince Ryu to play HU one way or another, you would indeed be a legend. I'm just doing the best I can with the money I have.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:48 pm 

Ensley03 wrote:
Vibe is going to be streaming HU quite often very soon, perhaps starting tonight. My friend and I are going to pay him for it, quite a hefty sum, as further motivation. A couple people have donated so it's a little less painful. I'll be creating chat commands so people can find this site and the downloads. Hopefully this will lead to 1.7 starting with a lot of new players rather than just the same 10 hardcore guys who give up after 1-2 months.

If anyone else wants to contribute to having a big streamer publicize our game, you can either donate to us or directly to him on twitch.tv/vibelol. Just make sure if you donate to him that you leave a note about HU. Even just $2 at a time helps.

HU has been and always will be free, but high quality publicity is not free, so let's make HU great again. :D

Glad to see that. I will be setting up my own stream as well as some of my party. People would be surprised how many people click just for nostalgia and end up downloading the game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:17 pm 

Well you can always ask Ryu and see what he'll say. We're not friends so I don't think I'll be able to help you. Try Mr Llama and Uncapable too ;)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:05 pm 

Good idea. I stream counterstrike all the time so I'll start streaming Diablo as well from now on.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:25 pm 

Vibe is also a featured streamer on teamliquid.net
I saw Naniwa playing vanilla LoD, so you might drop a line in his chat if you enter the abyss called chat.

Offline Profile