Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:17 am

Post subject: What i noticed in HU 1.7
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:31 pm 

Out of curiosity.
Is it normal that skills such as Concentrate, Double Swing and Bash cost mana at the begining but as u lvl them up they end up cost nothing or cost like 0.2 mana?

Also, is it normal that Battle Command even at max lvl increases skills only by 1 lvl? (the thing that increases with lvls is the duration of the skill).

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: What i noticed in HU 1.7
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:00 pm 

Yes, the features mentioned are in the design document.

For the attack skills, the design requires their %ED to remain pretty small for a Tanking builds like most Barbs, so extra points mostly improved their ARating, but D2's to-hit formula seems to rely on attacker and defender level enough that your ARating isn't very important (did anyone ever even notice that BowSkills don't use any attack rating given to those skills? (i.e. you could give MultiShot +10k%ARating and it would still just your your base ARating)). Aside from Damage and ARating, there isn't a lot to change on melee attack skills, so I thought they could have their mana cost reduced, or maybe interesting synergies made (e.g. Zeal, Vengeance), or maybe folks just wouldn't max them and then use the one most suited to the situation.

Up to HUv1.3, I'm pretty sure BattleCommand increased skills by 1 point, so I think it was just never maxed. Since v1.7 was intended to only go to skill level 34, but players can already get to level 37 via BCommand with a Skill Shrine, so I wouldn't want to make BCommand raise skills more. I had intended to cap BCommand at skill level 1 (it always seemed a bit silly to me that skills like BCommand could receive 20 points of investment for such little gain, but it's not like anyone actually invested in them), like I did for Howl (I can't think of much more I can do for these skills to make investment worthwhile, but I can at least prevent folks from accidentally sinking multiple points into them), but I can see now that I never got around to implementing that or even adding it to my list of things to do. I've added it to the list now, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

If you notice other stuff, feel free to add it to the thread in the Suggestions forum.

Offline Profile