Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:59 pm

Post subject: HELP with hireling.txt --- MODDING
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:34 am 

Hey there warriors,

I'm in the need of some help with the hirelings.txt. First of all, I want to make it so that whenever I buy a merc, its basic resistance should be calculated based on its level. So, for example, if I buy a level 10 merc and I use a 2 res/lvl setup, it should have 20 basic resistances and 2/lvl when I level it. Functions such as lvl*2 do not work in the "resist" column and the "resist/level" only works if you level up the merc yourself. So, for example, if you buy a merc at level 70, it will still have the basic resistances of a 11-level one (not good).

Does anyone know how to get beyond this?
Thanks in advance, warriors :D

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: HELP with hireling.txt --- MODDING
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:35 pm 

Here is the link to PhrozenKeep's Hirelings Reference. Asking the question there (or maybe the homemade modifications forum) might get better answers.

As mentioned on PhrozenKeep, "Resist" receives a number that will become the merc's base resistances when they are at "Level". For example, in HUv1.7 I noticed Mercs resistances were too low in NM and Hell, so I decided that they needed to sort of benefit from the Anya quests's +10%ResAll buff. I have a row in hirelings.txt for each mercenary where at "Level" 80 their "Resist" is 10, and at "Level" 95 their "Resist" is 20. I think I recall a test where I leveled a Merc from 79 to 80 while looking at their stat screen and I saw them gain 10%Res upon leveling, but maybe I was confused and they simply killed a monster that was debuffing their resistances.

For every level the mercenary gains beyond "Level", their resistances would improve as in "Resist/Lvl" (Note this receives a number in 8ths, so use 16 if you wanted 2%ResAll/Lvl).

I think in your case, for a level 10 Rogue, you'd want "Level" 10, "Resist" 20, "Resist/Lvl" 16. For a level 70 Rogue, you'd want "Level" 70, "Resist" 140, "Resist/Lvl" 16.

I haven't done too much experimentation with Hirelings, so let me know if your experiences contradict what I wrote above, and I'll look into them again.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:17 pm 

Yes, I have done some thorough testing and came back only now to look at your response. I am glad to tell you that you were both very helpful and correct. Tweaked my HU to be a bit more merc-friendly.

By the way, does anybody know if the Soulmancer was implemented in 1.21 SOLO? I tried cubing the Blessed Sword/Ring/Amulet and the charm of Hell Samhain in Hell Harrogath but it does nothing.

Much loooooove :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:19 pm 

A little late in reading this, but the answer is no for 1.21.
It was put in as an ode to Soulmancer once he left the modding to us.
It may have been Baerk that actually made him. Early in the 1.3s. Anybody actually remember all the details?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:04 am 

Hmm... I wonder if there is any way to port him to an old version. What do we need to add to 1.21 to be able to add him? I bet it ain't gonna be only text editing, I know, but there must be a way to extract him from 1.3 and put him in 1.21.

Anybody has any ideas?
I'm asking because I have been working on a stable and balanced Single-Player version for Hell Unleashed that also works with PlugY. The only thing that I need is the Soulmancer now :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:30 pm 

The best thing to do is to look at the phrozen keep to see all files needed to make a new boss monster. Then get a copy of one of the new versions of HU, and grab all the things you need. It has been too long since I have done this to remember everything required. It isn't terrible, but it is a little time consuming.

Offline Profile