Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:19 am

Post subject: 1.6c updated for SP
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:08 pm 

Updated full client + patch links The current realm servers are unchanged. This is for SP + TCP/IP only. Many (mostly new) players have requested a more SP-friendly version since our Twitch stream last week. This should serve as a solid, challenging, but playable version for people who aren't interested in the more intense realm version now or in the future.

-Fixed all pot/vendor/item issues
-Slightly improved the effectiveness of many skills
-Reduced duration and effectiveness of some monster curses
-Reduced monster Leap Attack, Charge, Bash, Blizzard, and Bone Spirit damage
-Slightly increased drain value on act bosses
-Adjusted several small things from many boss encounters (i.e. Countess Firewall, Baal Hydras don't last as long)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: 1.6c updated for SP
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:56 pm 

The Twitch stream resulted in 28 new downloads and it used all of my dropbox bandwidth for the month. I've uploaded the new SP patch along with Plugy files here.

http://www.filedropper.com/16cspplugy

Please note that if you're new to the mod, you will still have to install the base core files of HU and D2SE until the dropbox links are reset, possibly on Nov 1.

Last edited by Ensley03 on Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:26 pm 

there a url for the twitch stream or was it a couple of folks getting together and just one-offing it?

new people. yeah!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:30 pm 

The streamer who did it, and will continue to do it a couple times a week, is Vibe. I know him from the Starcraft community. He was playing regular D2 and I suggested he try this, and he said he liked this a lot more. He said he will likely stream it Sunday night after Starcraft.

https://www.twitch.tv/vibelol

He always has at least 300-400+ viewers, so it's pretty good publicity and a lot of people were curious about the mod.

Unfortunately it looks like my Dropbox is suspended for 30 days now due to the mass downloading, so I no longer have a way to distribute an all-in-one folder.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:20 am 

Cool that you got Vibe interested. I will check out his stream a bit more to see how he fares.

Popularity has its price, eh?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:49 pm 

I play the multiplayer version alone and the game is pretty easy. Only the bosses are tough and the first impossible to beat is Mephisto on normal so I suggest to reduce the power of the bosses only not the minions.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:00 am 

Trash mobs and easier bosses were not changed other than the skills listed. Just some of the drain values (leech) and dr%/abs% of some of the harder ones, and not by very much.

Maybe I'll concede and pay the $10 to upload the complete folder again but only if some people are interested in having it still

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:38 am 

What I'm saying is that the game is too easy except for few bosses not all. It needs to be harder overall.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm 

A lot of people have requested a more SP friendly version, or I wouldn't have bothered. If people think it's too easy then they don't have to use this version. Also the full folder download is updated and working.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:07 pm 

Im currently level 64 Assassin on act one NM and I destroy everything! It's not hard at all! Monsters die for seconds from my shadow master and when I put the traps they perish. I don't know who's playing the game but it's strange people find it hard. As I said only the bosses are impossible and not all of them.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:19 pm 

Well when you get to LOS in Hell let me know what's up. :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:39 am 

What I'm saying is that the game is not balanced at all. How the hell I'm wrecking the multiplayer version ALONE (excluding the bosses)? Well I can't imagine if I play with friends how EASIER would it be - therefore not challenging. Gold drops are insane. I'm making billions in few minutes.. The game is supposed to be challenging in all difficulties not only on Hell (Which I'm not sure about cuz I'm not there yet). And I'm Act 2 btw.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:03 am 

1) You are playing a sin which has massive mitigation, movement speed, and good damage. You should almost never die as a sin of any sort.

2) You are in A1 NM. You can't really speak about overall balance if you haven't even made it to late game.

3) Norm was made easier several patches ago on purpose. So that newer players aren't having the kitchen sink thrown at them in the first difficulty...this was done after a lot of discussion.

4) Making trash take longer with the monster density as high as it is in later acts and difficulties adds more tedium than anything else.

5) Gold is indeed high, particularly high at some points. You have not reached the stage where you can burn 20 million in about 10 seconds.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:08 pm 

I disagree. Easier and GOD MODE are really different. Oh and as I mentioned I'm on act 2 nightmare and I'm still wrecking everything.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:51 pm 

And I will simply repeat, that it SHOULD be easy up to this point for the reasons listed above. And that you have not made to the point where things get rougher.

I walked through norm almost without farming as a melee paladin. Your trip should be faster and easier up til now. Maybe it is too easy to start. It's good feedback, particularly from new players. (this is who needs to comment on it really).

The next patch is a slower pace at the start by quite a bit. Maybe just wait for that if it is not to your liking.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:45 pm 

Don't get me wrong guys, I fucking love this mod especially the new areas and the boss fights! Fucking EPIC! But I find vanilla D2 harder. Also the leveling is too easy, you can reach level 64 super easy in swampy pit. Are the monsters higher level in there or they give more xp ? Anyway what I'm trying to say is the leveling is broken.

In the description is stated that you can level up tp level 60 in NM. I suggest to lock the leveling by act! So you get last 10 levels (of the 60 in NM) on act V and not before that. It will be more balanced and harder. That suggestion is for all acts and difficulties. I'm gonna report more impressions soon if you don't mind :D

Offline Profile